TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track time at Laguna Seca

After 2 years I finally got my car on a racetrack. It was a Hooked on Driving event at Laguna Seca. It was only my second time on a race track and a first for my 40th. It rained all night but cleared up in the morning and the track dried out by 10:00. I ran in the "A" group with a coach. At first I thought the coach thing was dorky but quickly realized I was the dork not them. They really helped me learn and by the end of the day I was ready to solo my next time out.

I was really happy with the car performance. The cornering and suspension performance were great for my skill level. After about 3-4 laps the brakes got a little hot and you could smell them. They never faded but I can see a brake upgrade coming quick.

Since I was the only Shelby I never had a shortage of conversation. Even got a few "sounds great" comments about the KR mufflers. It was a fun day and the Hooked on Driving folks did a great job.

inthepitslagunaseca.jpg

My wife shot a video of me down straight. Not my fastest pass but the car still sounded great. I also had an in-car camera setup so I'll post some video next week when I get it downloaded.

Your car sounded great, like a Sprint Cup car!! I hope to get mine on track later this year. I'm doing the brake upgrades in advance, since the SGT stock brakes are not as good as the GT500 stock brakes.

Archived