TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ADM--a snapshot for all members as of 11/5/06

montego460

Larry/Dave,

It's not to benefit me, i'm waiting a year or more anyway, ADM or not. I can't afford it at MSRP right now. I'm speaking about everyone.

Dave, no need to imply that i'm not intelligent by saying I need to take an economics class. Sure the demand would be higher, but that's not my point. I was just offering my OPINION. I wasn't harsh about it.

Larry....thanks for further stating your logic, I understand it more clearly now. Enjoy the car, it is awesome!

I thought maybe it was Dayton Ford in NJ, they recently closed their Ford dealer.

I'm not sure you fully understand what I'm saying. Yes, it was his choice. But in my opinion, it's a bad choice for us that can't afford to pay a markup. If people continue to buy them with a markup, then the markup will never go away, or take longer to go away. So why should I be penalized, just because I don't have the extra $$$ to pay a markup and not be able to buy one? Yes it's a wide brush, but it's true. I guess you don't realize what you are doing by paying a markup. When other dealers see people paying the markups, they are going to charge it too. It has a ripple effect. Your hubcap analogy doesn't fit this. With the internet, it's so easy for dealers to get this information.

We bought a 2003 Cobra when it first came out(june '02), refused to pay markup like everyone else, we were lucky to find one selling it for MSRP. But it's a totally different ball game with the Shelby, a lot more publicity. But because of the people only willing to buy at MSRP or lower, the markups went away rather quickly.

I keep coming back to same question; if you are willing to spend 42K MSRP plus tax and license, then why would you NOT spend 47K for the same thing? (assuming 5K ADM). If you really can't afford the extra few bucks a month on a loan over 5 years that 5K will run you, should you really be buying a 42K car at all? I just don't get it I guess. It's not like you have to fork over the ADM in unmarked 20's.....

I keep coming back to same question; if you are willing to spend 42K MSRP plus tax and license, then why would you NOT spend 47K for the same thing? (assuming 5K ADM). If you really can't afford the extra few bucks a month on a loan over 5 years that 5K will run you, should you really be buying a 42K car at all? I just don't get it I guess. It's not like you have to fork over the ADM in unmarked 20's.....

That's another way to look at it, sure. But is that really the point? Why would you want to make the dealers rich? I would much rather give that $$ to Ford, not the dealers. And by paying MSRP, the money is going to Ford mostly.

It doesn't matter, Larry is going to enjoy the car either way. That's the POINT. I was just stating my opinion at the wrong time. :finger:

Hi Rob,

Yes,about 30 miles north of NYC,it is very crowded here and tough to move around,not many open roads and if your a motor head like me you kind of have to make your own space at certain times of the day or night and really know when you can let it rip sort of speak if you know what i mean.I live in an area where the taxes and the cost of living is the highest in the country and trying to enjoy a nice car around here is not so easy but i have been here my whole life and i make the best of it.I hope to be moving in 2 years or so hopefully. I have a 2 year old daughter and a young wife and we hope to be moving to the Asheville area we hope in a couple of years.Blue ridge mountain area,great people and wonderful scenic roads,great for a shelby and other cars i own,good place to raise a family also from what i can see.

Where do you live Rob?

Hi Montego460,

Congrats on your decision, you won't regret it! It is a wonderful car. I paid a very small ADM and got mine much sooner than I anticipated. It's awesome!

Great to hear that you might be moving to Asheville, NC. I'm born and raised in Asheville and live on the same piece of ground I was born on. It's a beautiful place to drive a Shelby, but we're getting more and more crowded each day and to be honest, traffic is a bitch! Never thought I'd see that but we are becoming a popular spot to retire/relocate, but come on anyway and we'll hit the Blue Ridge Parkway with our cars!

Good luck,

Joe53

Larry/Dave,

It's not to benefit me, i'm waiting a year or more anyway, ADM or not. I can't afford it at MSRP right now. I'm speaking about everyone.

Dave, no need to imply that i'm not intelligent by saying I need to take an economics class. Sure the demand would be higher, but that's not my point. I was just offering my OPINION. I wasn't harsh about it.

Larry....thanks for further stating your logic, I understand it more clearly now. Enjoy the car, it is awesome!

I thought maybe it was Dayton Ford in NJ, they recently closed their Ford dealer.

mdgt

thanks for your opinion,i clearly understand your logic,thanks for the good wishes on the new beast.

Larry

Hi Montego460,

Congrats on your decision, you won't regret it! It is a wonderful car. I paid a very small ADM and got mine much sooner than I anticipated. It's awesome!

Great to hear that you might be moving to Asheville, NC. I'm born and raised in Asheville and live on the same piece of ground I was born on. It's a beautiful place to drive a Shelby, but we're getting more and more crowded each day and to be honest, traffic is a bitch! Never thought I'd see that but we are becoming a popular spot to retire/relocate, but come on anyway and we'll hit the Blue Ridge Parkway with our cars!

Good luck,

Joe53

joe53

Thanks for the invite,i would really like to take a blast with you down the blue ridge parkway together with the shelbys.

would you mind if i e-mailed you,i have some questions that only you can answer,you are a native to nc asheville and your opinion is EXTREMLY VALUABLE TO ME.

please pm me if you can with your e-mail address.

looking forward to speaking with ya soon

Larry

NY

montego1@suscom.net

mdgt

thanks for your opinion,i clearly understand your logic,thanks for the good wishes on the new beast.

Larry

joe53

Thanks for the invite,i would really like to take a blast with you down the blue ridge parkway together with the shelbys.

would you mind if i e-mailed you,i have some questions that only you can answer,you are a native to nc asheville and your opinion is EXTREMLY VALUABLE TO ME.

please pm me if you can with your e-mail address.

looking forward to speaking with ya soon

Larry

NY

Larry,

Sent you the email. Let me know how I can help you

Joe

montego1@suscom.net

That's another way to look at it, sure. But is that really the point? Why would you want to make the dealers rich? I would much rather give that $$ to Ford, not the dealers. And by paying MSRP, the money is going to Ford mostly.

It doesn't matter, Larry is going to enjoy the car either way. That's the POINT. I was just stating my opinion at the wrong time. :finger:

No hard feelings! I understand your position and respect it. I hope you get your car soon! They are great. I agree it is somehow distastful to give money to a dealer but on the other hand, that is the only way to get one so you are kind of stuck. My dealer is an old high school classmate and even to him I had to pay ADM. I looked at it the same way Larry did. Not what you would prefer to do (pay ADM) but it is not a car you are going to drive for 4 years and turn in either.

No hard feelings! I understand your position and respect it. I hope you get your car soon! They are great. I agree it is somehow distastful to give money to a dealer but on the other hand, that is the only way to get one so you are kind of stuck. My dealer is an old high school classmate and even to him I had to pay ADM. I looked at it the same way Larry did. Not what you would prefer to do (pay ADM) but it is not a car you are going to drive for 4 years and turn in either.

+10

I'm not sure you fully understand what I'm saying. Yes, it was his choice. But in my opinion, it's a bad choice for us that can't afford to pay a markup. If people continue to buy them with a markup, then the markup will never go away, or take longer to go away. So why should I be penalized, just because I don't have the extra $$$ to pay a markup and not be able to buy one? Yes it's a wide brush, but it's true. I guess you don't realize what you are doing by paying a markup. When other dealers see people paying the markups, they are going to charge it too. It has a ripple effect. Your hubcap analogy doesn't fit this. With the internet, it's so easy for dealers to get this information.

We bought a 2003 Cobra when it first came out(june '02), refused to pay markup like everyone else, we were lucky to find one selling it for MSRP. But it's a totally different ball game with the Shelby, a lot more publicity. But because of the people only willing to buy at MSRP or lower, the markups went away rather quickly.

MDGT, since everybody was bashing you on your view of the ADM's, I thought I would chime in and let you know that I see where you are coming from. I am also waiting for the ADM's to go away. One of the gentlemen used an example that paying a $5k Adm shouldn't matter, "if you can't afford $47k then you can't afford $42k". I think he missed the point, some of us(ok myself) refuse to pay one red cent over MSRP! In my case it is not about affordability, it's about choice. Now with that choice, I get to watch alot of the guys on this forum drive past me in a blurr in their GT-500. As far as the guys paying ADM's affecting how fast ADM's go away, I believe that is true. But that being said, The guys that are paying the ADM's just want this car right now and are willing to pay whatever it takes to make that happen. I have absolutely no problem with that, that is their personal choice. Just like I have a choice to wait. Eventually the demand on paying the ADM's will deminish, and we will all be proud owners.

Marc

Did not mean to imply you were not intelligent. Sorry if you took it that way. I think I'm very intelligent, but I know nothing about how to wire a circuit. Just because someone doesn't have specific knowledge about a topic doesn't mean they are not intelligent. We all have our areas of knowledge. I learn a lot from others on this site daily.

I DO hope that ADMs come down and everyone who is waiting for such gets their cars. Only time will tell if that in fact happens. I was fortunate enough to get mine for MSRP, but I admittedly got a bit lucky finding a small dealer and worked with them very early in the process.

Dave

Finally..... a fresh topic :doh:

this has been discussed a thousand different ways on this forum.....

Give the man a break.... he wants a shelby in the worst way and paid 10K over. so what? so did I. 10K over MSRP is actually a pretty good price at this point for the car. only a VERY FEW have gotten them for MSRP (must have a lucky horseshoe stuck up their asses like some of my golfing buddies :hysterical: ) . I am happy for him and I know (from personal experience) that he will not regret his decision.

Owning this car is not a "right" that everyone is entitled to. there is tremendous demand on the car and therefore the prices go up. those with the cash and the desire to have the car will get it. we all work hard for our money.... if we decide to spend it on a car it's no one's business but our own.

the prices will probably come down, but it will be a while. those of you not willing to pay more than MSRP should wait it out.... I'll be driving my car daily in the meantime.... but don't bash on people who have the means and desire to buy the car now.

Give the man a break.... he wants a shelby in the worst way and paid 10K over. so what? so did I. 10K over MSRP is actually a pretty good price at this point for the car. only a VERY FEW have gotten them for MSRP (must have a lucky horseshoe stuck up their asses like some of my golfing buddies :hysterical: ) . I am happy for him and I know (from personal experience) that he will not regret his decision.

Owning this car is not a "right" that everyone is entitled to. there is tremendous demand on the car and therefore the prices go up. those with the cash and the desire to have the car will get it. we all work hard for our money.... if we decide to spend it on a car it's no one's business but our own.

the prices will probably come down, but it will be a while. those of you not willing to pay more than MSRP should wait it out.... I'll be driving my car daily in the meantime.... but don't bash on people who have the means and desire to buy the car now.

Can I get a witness :woot:

I looked up ADM in the Websters new world dictionary and it says this:

ADM; otherwise known as Awesome Driving Machine that others are in awe over. Filled with awe, and inspiring awe. Life changing experience. gradification boost. :shades:

Well BONEDOC i must say,you are straight and to the point and i like that.

Enjoy your Gt500 and look for some cool pics when i get mine,i will post them over the winter when my car comes in.

Larry

I looked up ADM in the Websters new world dictionary and it says this:

ADM; otherwise known as Awesome Driving Machine that others are in awe over. Filled with awe, and inspiring awe. Life changing experience. gradification boost. :shades:

Rob,

your wit is too much,you never fail to make me smile when i read your posts,keep up the good work.

Larry

+10 for the orthopod. Well said. Let's stop discussing this topic!!

Ford is going to build this car for years and production numbers will go up. I live 30 miles north of NYC and we have a local Ford dealer with no Shelby’s. However there are three Shelby's driving around town. This car will become more common than you think. Aftermarket manufactures go after the mass produced cars not limited production cars. They are making lots of parts for this car…

Hey... Stop looking at my...

Ford is going to build this car for years and production numbers will go up. I live 30 miles north of NYC and we have a local Ford dealer with no Shelby’s. However there are three Shelby's driving around town. This car will become more common than you think. Aftermarket manufactures go after the mass produced cars not limited production cars. They are making lots of parts for this car…

Hey... Stop looking at my...

cool,i live 30 miles north of nyc too,i will work harder now and start saving and get another one in 2 years at msrp maybe.Well i better not tell my wife of my intentions,oh maybe i will tell her its for her??

Larry

cool,i live 30 miles north of nyc too,i will work harder now and start saving and get another one in 2 years at msrp maybe.Well i better not tell my wife of my intentions,oh maybe i will tell her its for her??

Larry

If she finds the money... its gone... you better hide it well

Larry

Hay Larry, In 2 years get the KRGT500 and then you will have 2 rockets.

Archived