TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ADM--a snapshot for all members as of 11/5/06

montego460

Well here we go,

I have been on this site since the summer of this year and i must say i have been reading everyones comments each and every day and except for getting my head bit off a couple of times i must say this site has the best group of knowledgable mustang people i have ever seen.I have literally been reading posts each and every day without missing a day,i know i must be nuts,not really i just want a shelby very bad and have been determined to pay little or no adm and have watched my attitude change on this subject many times and i will still say i think it is just wrong but that does not matter really what does matter is the subject matter at hand.After a year and a half of dissapiontments,let downs and frustrations i have finally pulled the trigger,YES I HAVE AND I PAID AN ADM ALSO. I am not proud of it but i am honest and truthful with all you people because you have been like this as well.

This is how it happened,phone calls all across the country and adms of 15k to 30k,i look on e-bay everyday and get sick,dealers tell me lies,i leave deposits with dealers and they send me back my money and tell me there deal is off with me because i was not smart enough in the begining to get a stated price on a contract

so check this out,a friend of mine sells his 67 fastback mustang for 70k and goes out and buys a new vista blue gt and gets it all set up with mods from ford,he brings the car by for me to look at and it is beautiful,he had the tungten stripes painted on and it really came out great along with many other ford add on mods,i asked him where he had all this done and he gave me the name of the dealership and i asked him if they were selling shelbys and he said yes so of course i asked him how much and he told me 70 to 75k well

i had a good laugh or should i say cryand then a day later i figured what the hell and i called.I said do you have any shelbys for sale and they politely said no but they were kind of nice about it which amazed me a bit and they asked for my name and phone number and told me they would call me if an opportunity came up but they did have a list of people and all incoming cars were spoken for.I asked how much and they told me whatever e-bay or market value is at the time.

Well this is were it gets interesting,the next day i get a call from the same dealership saying that they made a mistake and do have 1 more shelby coming in this year and it is vista blue with white stripes(i was looking for vista with tungsten stripes)and would I be interested i said yes and how much and they said around 70 to 75 so i said i was not interested and goodbye and they told me if i really wanted the car that it would do some good if i came down in person and negotiated a little so i said what the heck,i could use an afternoon cruise in my 71 mach 1 429cj with 2.75 gears and flowmasters on a nice afternoon on the highway.

Well i get there and have nice talk with the salesman and the gm comes over and starts talking with me i

explain NICELY the reality of this car and where prices are and where they will be going in the future and after we get that out of the way he tells me he wants 65.500 for the blue shelby with white stripes coming in in 1 week but he explains this is not there car but a car from another dealership that has gone out of business and they had to fight to get this car,i said i understand and realize that they probably have more into this car then usual and if thats how much they want then i respect it but i am not coming close to paying that.I explained very nicely that i belong to a mustang site with alot of very nice people and through them i have had the chance to buy 2 cars on seperate occasions for 10k over so why would i buy one for 20k over and he understood,we were both honest with each other so i liked that.

He called the owner of the dealership and explained the situation and came back five minutes later and said this,

we do have another allocation for a car and it should be built and delivered in 8 to 12 weeks and i can custom order it however i want it and they will sell it to me for the price i have had the oppurtunity in the past to buy one for,10k over msrp,

I did it,i pulled the trigger,right,wrong or indifferent i did it,i will be buying a 2007 shelby gt500 for 10k over msrp around december or jan of 07 and i will not look back again.I guess my desire to own a shelby gt500

has caused me to do what i did not want too which was pay an adm but like many others on this site have said,it is a personal choice and it is up to the individual.

i just wanted to share my experience with everyone and say thankyou for your valuable insights and if my experiences today can help anyone else in anyway then i am happy.

I fully realize that if i wait until who knows,spring ,summer fall of next year or later i will get one for 5k over or maybe msrp and i really feel this way but you all know what,it is a personal choice that each one of us has to make and to all that have shelbys now,enjoy them-for those who have them on order i am joining you in the wait and for those of you who have not pulled the trigger yet-good luck to you in your journey and stay persistent and diligent and keep on hunting and your deal will become a reality and you will have a gt 500 like you wish at your terms.

Larry

NY

You did the right thing, now you will get the car as you want it. I personaly feel 08 will be more money and still have a ADM at least the 07 are the 40th year anniversy and the one to own, i too am paying that ADM my car due any day now, i'm over the money thing i'll drive it like i stole it and am not look back, congrations, you only live once enjoy.

Well here we go,

I have been on this site since the summer of this year and i must say i have been reading everyones comments each and every day and except for getting my head bit off a couple of times i must say this site has the best group of knowledgable mustang people i have ever seen.I have literally been reading posts each and every day without missing a day,i know i must be nuts,not really i just want a shelby very bad and have been determined to pay little or no adm and have watched my attitude change on this subject many times and i will still say i think it is just wrong but that does not matter really what does matter is the subject matter at hand.After a year and a half of dissapiontments,let downs and frustrations i have finally pulled the trigger,YES I HAVE AND I PAID AN ADM ALSO. I am not proud of it but i am honest and truthful with all you people because you have been like this as well.

This is how it happened,phone calls all across the country and adms of 15k to 30k,i look on e-bay everyday and get sick,dealers tell me lies,i leave deposits with dealers and they send me back my money and tell me there deal is off with me because i was not smart enough in the begining to get a stated price on a contract

so check this out,a friend of mine sells his 67 fastback mustang for 70k and goes out and buys a new vista blue gt and gets it all set up with mods from ford,he brings the car by for me to look at and it is beautiful,he had the tungten stripes painted on and it really came out great along with many other ford add on mods,i asked him where he had all this done and he gave me the name of the dealership and i asked him if they were selling shelbys and he said yes so of course i asked him how much and he told me 70 to 75k well

i had a good laugh or should i say cryand then a day later i figured what the hell and i called.I said do you have any shelbys for sale and they politely said no but they were kind of nice about it which amazed me a bit and they asked for my name and phone number and told me they would call me if an opportunity came up but they did have a list of people and all incoming cars were spoken for.I asked how much and they told me whatever e-bay or market value is at the time.

Well this is were it gets interesting,the next day i get a call from the same dealership saying that they made a mistake and do have 1 more shelby coming in this year and it is vista blue with white stripes(i was looking for vista with tungsten stripes)and would I be interested i said yes and how much and they said around 70 to 75 so i said i was not interested and goodbye and they told me if i really wanted the car that it would do some good if i came down in person and negotiated a little so i said what the heck,i could use an afternoon cruise in my 71 mach 1 429cj with 2.75 gears and flowmasters on a nice afternoon on the highway.

Well i get there and have nice talk with the salesman and the gm comes over and starts talking with me i

explain NICELY the reality of this car and where prices are and where they will be going in the future and after we get that out of the way he tells me he wants 65.500 for the blue shelby with white stripes coming in in 1 week but he explains this is not there car but a car from another dealership that has gone out of business and they had to fight to get this car,i said i understand and realize that they probably have more into this car then usual and if thats how much they want then i respect it but i am not coming close to paying that.I explained very nicely that i belong to a mustang site with alot of very nice people and through them i have had the chance to buy 2 cars on seperate occasions for 10k over so why would i buy one for 20k over and he understood,we were both honest with each other so i liked that.

He called the owner of the dealership and explained the situation and came back five minutes later and said this,

we do have another allocation for a car and it should be built and delivered in 8 to 12 weeks and i can custom order it however i want it and they will sell it to me for the price i have had the oppurtunity in the past to buy one for,10k over msrp,

I did it,i pulled the trigger,right,wrong or indifferent i did it,i will be buying a 2007 shelby gt500 for 10k over msrp around december or jan of 07 and i will not look back again.I guess my desire to own a shelby gt500

has caused me to do what i did not want too which was pay an adm but like many others on this site have said,it is a personal choice and it is up to the individual.

i just wanted to share my experience with everyone and say thankyou for your valuable insights and if my experiences today can help anyone else in anyway then i am happy.

I fully realize that if i wait until who knows,spring ,summer fall of next year or later i will get one for 5k over or maybe msrp and i really feel this way but you all know what,it is a personal choice that each one of us has to make and to all that have shelbys now,enjoy them-for those who have them on order i am joining you in the wait and for those of you who have not pulled the trigger yet-good luck to you in your journey and stay persistent and diligent and keep on hunting and your deal will become a reality and you will have a gt 500 like you wish at your terms.

Larry

NY

I did it,i pulled the trigger,right,wrong or indifferent i did it,i will be buying a 2007 shelby gt500 for 10k over msrp

:banana piano: Larry, congrats buddy. Thanks for sharing your honest story. It is a big deal to pull the trigger on a purchase like this. As you know by my thread, I pulled the trigger too, and shared my ADM. You are right, it's a personell choice. It's nice to have worked hard all these years, and be able to "go for it". This is a once in a life time purchase for me, as I am sure it is for you too. The car is a keeper. Something that you enjoy life with. Let me say that out loud, SOMETHING YOU ENJOY LIFE WITH. You can not put a price on enjoying life. Larry, my car is a Q1 build too, and I look forward to hearing about your journey thru "material hold", and how you cope with PSDS. I see you have been a member since summer. No more lurking, you hear. Join the group, there is a great bunch of folks here.

God Bless. B)

Rob.

The biggest of congratulations Larry!!!!!!!

You won't spend five seconds of regret from the moment you start the engine,

I promise you that.

I picked mine up after an 18 month wait, and even though I lived and breathed this car

everyday of that time, it still exceded every expectation I had.

It truely is an instant collectable.

There will be very few of these on the used market in the years to come.

I don't know about ADM's calming down though, remember that as of 2007 these cars will be

available at all Ford dealerships. Which means that all dealerships will recieve a precious few,

maybe 1 or 2. With demand for these cars, and a very limited supply, how can anyone expect

ADM's to dwindle in the coming year?

You won't be sorry, and I'm very happy for you. Although you will now be a torchured wreck

until delivery :ohsnap::banghead::sos::censored:

Good luck.

KingCobra.

:banana piano: Larry, congrats buddy. Thanks for sharing your honest story. It is a big deal to pull the trigger on a purchase like this. As you know by my thread, I pulled the trigger too, and shared my ADM. You are right, it's a personell choice. It's nice to have worked hard all these years, and be able to "go for it". This is a once in a life time purchase for me, as I am sure it is for you too. The car is a keeper. Something that you enjoy life with. Let me say that out loud, SOMETHING YOU ENJOY LIFE WITH. You can not put a price on enjoying life. Larry, my car is a Q1 build too, and I look forward to hearing about your journey thru "material hold", and how you cope with PSDS. I see you have been a member since summer. No more lurking, you hear. Join the group, there is a great bunch of folks here.

God Bless. B)

Rob.

Thanks Rob,

I have always enjoyed your straight forward threads and humor at times,my thanks goes out to you for your understanding in what i am going through with this decision i have made and it is nice to know there are people out there who really understand on this forum.

This is a really big decision and its great to know we are all in this together sort of speak.

Larry

Thanks Rob,

Hey dude,

You just got your dream.

It dont matter what you paid,

you paid what you could afford,

and what you could get one for,

and sounds like your happy you got it.

Congrtats my man.

You will not be dissappointed!

I love this thing. As you will yours.

Im just glad to have one. period.

Brian

Larry

We would all love to get away with no ADM, but like you I also paid over list, and it drove me crazy.

I can't tell you how many times I thought about giving up, especially after 18 months of blood sweat & tears, not to mention ME educating the DEALER on the car, and the process etc. Does not make sense does it?

I came real close to throwing in the towel and walking away

Well guess what? The day you get your car, you will forget all about it. Honestly.

You are so right there are so many great people on this site and they are all helpful and supportive.

Only you can do what is right for you, and only you know what is right for you.

But like you I did the same thing, so been there done that and I know your pain.

But like I also said in another post today, everytime I start it cold the first time of the day, that sound.

Man what a rush......

(It's all I have left there's snow on the ground right now!)

Same boat here, somewhere theres a thread on what ADM's where being paid by members, in the availiabilty forum I think, most if not all of us gave an honest statement, a member here had two identical cars on order from different dealerships, long story short, when the first arrived he made public the avaliabilty of the other one due in late Oct. I made the call since it was exactly the car I had on order locally,

deal was made for 10K over and it should be in next week (Nov 9th) is the current ETA...Happy to pay an ADM....NO....I told myself from the start I would never do it or even pay MSRP for a car again ( 03 Mach 1)

After searching for a year and getting the same stories from dealerships......I came to the conculsion if I wanted one in a reasonable amount of time, this is just the way it is.....hats off to the buyers that will wait and I hope they all get a steal on one.....but life is short.....I'll keep this car forever so and hopefully my son will, but he and I will enjoy the hell out of it now.... :happy feet:

montego460,

Thanks for sharing your story, and I agree this forum is visited by some of the nicest, & smartest, men and women you would ever want to respond to, know, and hopefully someday meet. I started planning and dreaming about this car as soon as rumors that it might someday exist started to appear. I started to call SVT dealers in this area a year and a half ago, and was told they weren't starting lists of interested buyers yet. Several months later, when I called back to check in, almost all of them told me thay already had lists of 15 or 20, much to my dismay. When I found out all dealers were getting a shot at at least one Shelby, I started calling small dealers from Montana to New Mexico, Oregon to Michigan. Many found out they were getting one as a result of my call, yet if and when they did get back to me, I was told "the owner is keeping it," the "dealer's son wants it," Tom the sales manager at Greiner Ford in Casper, WY told me he wouldn't "sell to someone from Colorado," and so on. I said I started dreaming about this car a couple of years ago, but actually it would be more accurate to say I started dreaming about it when I was a teenager who had just seen his first Shelby Mustang, his first Boss 302, or his first Boss 429 (I can vividly remember each and every of those experiences), but I started coming to the conclusion it wasn't going to happen. And as the inevitable ADMs started to appear, my chances seemed even more remote as I am but a poor (well certainly not rich) college professor. But then I talked to Chad Jones (what a character) at Worland Ford in Wyoming (I grew up in Casper, and worked for several years in the Bighorns east of Worland as a logging contractor) and they offered me a shot at one for 5k over MSRP. When I thought the MSRP would come in at about 39K I still thought that would be too much for me to afford, now I was looking at 47k . . . but like you I decided life is short and fulfilled dreams are sweet. And you know, now I've had my Shelby for all of 36 hours, I know without a doubt I made the right decision. I'm sure you will feel the same way. :banana piano:

CC

dear CC

your insights and experiences are priceless,thankyou for sharing your story,i can relate better then you can imagine,thanks again and enjoy.I hope every shift is an enjoyable one,i am sure it will be.

montego460,

Thanks for sharing your story, and I agree this forum is visited by some of the nicest, & smartest, men and women you would ever want to respond to, know, and hopefully someday meet. I started planning and dreaming about this car as soon as rumors that it might someday exist started to appear. I started to call SVT dealers in this area a year and a half ago, and was told they weren't starting lists of interested buyers yet. Several months later, when I called back to check in, almost all of them told me thay already had lists of 15 or 20, much to my dismay. When I found out all dealers were getting a shot at at least one Shelby, I started calling small dealers from Montana to New Mexico, Oregon to Michigan. Many found out they were getting one as a result of my call, yet if and when they did get back to me, I was told "the owner is keeping it," the "dealer's son wants it," Tom the sales manager at Greiner Ford in Casper, WY told me he wouldn't "sell to someone from Colorado," and so on. I said I started dreaming about this car a couple of years ago, but actually it would be more accurate to say I started dreaming about it when I was a teenager who had just seen his first Shelby Mustang, his first Boss 302, or his first Boss 429 (I can vividly remember each and every of those experiences), but I started coming to the conclusion it wasn't going to happen. And as the inevitable ADMs started to appear, my chances seemed even more remote as I am but a poor (well certainly not rich) college professor. But then I talked to Chad Jones (what a character) at Worland Ford in Wyoming (I grew up in Casper, and worked for several years in the Bighorns east of Worland as a logging contractor) and they offered me a shot at one for 5k over MSRP. When I thought the MSRP would come in at about 39K I still thought that would be too much for me to afford, now I was looking at 47k . . . but like you I decided life is short and fulfilled dreams are sweet. And you know, now I've had my Shelby for all of 36 hours, I know without a doubt I made the right decision. I'm sure you will feel the same way. :banana piano:

CC

Larry,

I wouldn't feel bad at all with the deal you made.

A bird in hand is better than two in the bush as the old saying goes. Sure you might do better sometime in the future but then again you wouldn't be enjoying it either.

I keep saying: "You only live once, and you damn sure better enjoy it" You dont get any second chances on this one.

Congratulations and try and stay sober until it shows up. :tequila:

montego460,

Congrats on your deal. I am very happy for you and know that you are going to go crazy when you finally get behind the wheel of your GT500. All of the great stuff in this forum cannot describe it until you actually feel it. Good luck my man and keep us posted on your progress.

montego460,

Congrats on your deal. I am very happy for you and know that you are going to go crazy when you finally get behind the wheel of your GT500. All of the great stuff in this forum cannot describe it until you actually feel it. Good luck my man and keep us posted on your progress.

I sure will and thanks for the thumbs up.

I think about lonely roads with no traffic,wide open,three lanes in each direction,line of sight as far as the eye can see,flat flat flat,oh yes and sitting in a shelby not pushing the envelope but just cruising at 100mph in 6th gear for about 20 minutes,UH OH,i'am dreaming again-OR AM I ???????????????

I sure will and thanks for the thumbs up.

I think about lonely roads with no traffic,wide open,three lanes in each direction,line of sight as far as the eye can see,flat flat flat,oh yes and sitting in a shelby not pushing the envelope but just cruising at 100mph in 6th gear for about 20 minutes,UH OH,i'am dreaming again-OR AM I ???????????????

Hi Larry:

So you are living in NY. Whats that like. Is it crowded. Do you have some open roads over there? Just curious.

Hi Larry:

So you are living in NY. Whats that like. Is it crowded. Do you have some open roads over there? Just curious.

Hi Rob,

Yes,about 30 miles north of NYC,it is very crowded here and tough to move around,not many open roads and if your a motor head like me you kind of have to make your own space at certain times of the day or night and really know when you can let it rip sort of speak if you know what i mean.I live in an area where the taxes and the cost of living is the highest in the country and trying to enjoy a nice car around here is not so easy but i have been here my whole life and i make the best of it.I hope to be moving in 2 years or so hopefully. I have a 2 year old daughter and a young wife and we hope to be moving to the Asheville area we hope in a couple of years.Blue ridge mountain area,great people and wonderful scenic roads,great for a shelby and other cars i own,good place to raise a family also from what i can see.

Where do you live Rob?

Hi Rob,

Yes,about 30 miles north of NYC,it is very crowded here and tough to move around,not many open roads and if your a motor head like me you kind of have to make your own space at certain times of the day or night and really know when you can let it rip sort of speak if you know what i mean.I live in an area where the taxes and the cost of living is the highest in the country and trying to enjoy a nice car around here is not so easy but i have been here my whole life and i make the best of it.I hope to be moving in 2 years or so hopefully. I have a 2 year old daughter and a young wife and we hope to be moving to the Asheville area we hope in a couple of years.Blue ridge mountain area,great people and wonderful scenic roads,great for a shelby and other cars i own,good place to raise a family also from what i can see.

Where do you live Rob?

I live real close to Vancouver Washington in a town Called Battleground, WA. It is 20 minutes from the Oregon border near Portland, OR. I live in a neighborhood where each lot is 1 to 5 acres. There are farms and pastures all over the place, but it is slowely being developed. We have great springs and summers, and rainy falls, and winters. I to have been here all my life. Looks like we are on oppisite sides of the US. :shades:

There are farms and pastures all over the place, but it is slowely being developed.

Sounds like Indiana, only fewer pawn shops, "Bob's Tobacco Road" stores, "rent to owns", "check and go" locations, and gun stores.

Seriously though, my wife and I MIGHT be taking a vacation in that area next year. Five Oh B lives up that way too, so perhaps we could rendeszvous. The only downside is that I won't be driving my car...we'll fly and rent a car...probably get some piece of :censored: like a....oh snap...I better not mention the name...but I'll tell you it rhymes with PT Bruiser.

Dave :stats:

Dave:

PM me with the date you will be in town. It would be fun to get together for a night on the town.

Fun? with me? Oh man, many people I know would be surprised you said that. :hysterical: Did you know I'm an accountant? :ohsnap:

Actually I work in Finance, slightly different than accounting. I can't PM you the date yet..as we have not even decided on a location or month. We will finalize our plans by January/February. The choices are Portland/Seattle/Vancouver or Cary NC (near RUFF). One of you two is going to have a hoodlum in your area. :headspin: I'll let folks know once we get closer to final plans.

Dave

Fun? with me? Oh man, many people I know would be surprised you said that. :hysterical: Did you know I'm an accountant? :ohsnap:

Actually I work in Finance, slightly different than accounting. I can't PM you the date yet..as we have not even decided on a location or month. We will finalize our plans by January/February. The choices are Portland/Seattle/Vancouver or Cary NC (near RUFF). One of you two is going to have a hoodlum in your area. :headspin: I'll let folks know once we get closer to final plans.

Dave

It will be a :woot:

Congrats to you Larry. Good luck with her...i'm positive that you'll enjoy the car no matter what you paid.

But I have to disagree on it's an individual choice. Your individual choice to pay ADM, effects other individuals that can't afford to pay an ADM. If people continue to pay it, the ADM will NEVER go away. :(

This dealer that went out of business, was it in NJ?

Congrats to you Larry. Good luck with her...i'm positive that you'll enjoy the car no matter what you paid.

But I have to disagree on it's an individual choice. Your individual choice to pay ADM, effects other individuals that can't afford to pay an ADM. If people continue to pay it, the ADM will NEVER go away. :(

This dealer that went out of business, was it in NJ?

He said his CHOICE was individual....and I agree with him. You have the CHOICE not to buy one. The way you're thinking, every single thing I do in the marketplace affects you. That's an awfully wide brush to paint with. Next time you go to a garage sale and only pay 10 cents for that hubcap, keep me in mind...as your affecting Joe's hubcap business by reducing demand at his location to sell them for $5. You are putting his people out of work and causing unemployment. Ok..ok...I'm being sarcastic...but you get the point.

Congrats Larry.

Dave

EDIT: ADM is a individual choice that affects you. Is this what you mean?

I live real close to Vancouver Washington in a town Called Battleground, WA. It is 20 minutes from the Oregon border near Portland, OR. I live in a neighborhood where each lot is 1 to 5 acres. There are farms and pastures all over the place, but it is slowely being developed. We have great springs and summers, and rainy falls, and winters. I to have been here all my life. Looks like we are on oppisite sides of the US. :shades:

You and I are neighbors - I am in Vancouver

You and I are neighbors - I am in Vancouver

We will have to get together sometime for lunch. I have talked to 2 guys that live in Tigard, and Five Oh B is not to far away. I am planning a get together in the spring. I will let you know when plans are made.

He said his CHOICE was individual....and I agree with him. You have the CHOICE not to buy one. The way you're thinking, every single thing I do in the marketplace affects you. That's an awfully wide brush to paint with. Next time you go to a garage sale and only pay 10 cents for that hubcap, keep me in mind...as your affecting Joe's hubcap business by reducing demand at his location to sell them for $5. You are putting his people out of work and causing unemployment. Ok..ok...I'm being sarcastic...but you get the point.

Congrats Larry.

Dave

I'm not sure you fully understand what I'm saying. Yes, it was his choice. But in my opinion, it's a bad choice for us that can't afford to pay a markup. If people continue to buy them with a markup, then the markup will never go away, or take longer to go away. So why should I be penalized, just because I don't have the extra $$$ to pay a markup and not be able to buy one? Yes it's a wide brush, but it's true. I guess you don't realize what you are doing by paying a markup. When other dealers see people paying the markups, they are going to charge it too. It has a ripple effect. Your hubcap analogy doesn't fit this. With the internet, it's so easy for dealers to get this information.

We bought a 2003 Cobra when it first came out(june '02), refused to pay markup like everyone else, we were lucky to find one selling it for MSRP. But it's a totally different ball game with the Shelby, a lot more publicity. But because of the people only willing to buy at MSRP or lower, the markups went away rather quickly.

I'm not sure you fully understand what I'm saying. Yes, it was his choice. But in my opinion, it's a bad choice for us that can't afford to pay a markup. If people continue to buy them with a markup, then the markup will never go away, or take longer to go away. So why should I be penalized, just because I don't have the extra $$$ to pay a markup and not be able to buy one? Yes it's a wide brush, but it's true. I guess you don't realize what you are doing by paying a markup. When other dealers see people paying the markups, they are going to charge it too. It has a ripple effect. Your hubcap analogy doesn't fit this. With the internet, it's so easy for dealers to get this information.

We bought a 2003 Cobra when it first came out(june '02), refused to pay markup like everyone else, we were lucky to find one selling it for MSRP. But it's a totally different ball game with the Shelby, a lot more publicity. But because of the people only willing to buy at MSRP or lower, the markups went away rather quickly.

I think Larry realizes exactly what he's doing...getting his car. You need to take an economics class. If no one paid ADMs, the demand would outstrip the supply, and not everyone would get their car. I have the feeling I'll never come up with an example to satisfy you, so I'm done with this discussion. I think it's a shame that you want every potential Mustang buyer to act in such a way that it benefits YOU.

Edit: Note I have a new name...formerly Terry1234

Dave

Congrats Larry.

Dave

MDGT

No,the dealer was not in NJ,he was in rockland county NY,david ford was closed on sept 6th.

You know this adm controversy is very delicate and is seen from many different angles.I have dealt with frustration and let downs and anger about what is happening with this car and its pricing for a year and a half and i dare not too jump on one side or the other but i still think we are all individuals and make our own choices and i certainly hope my decision to pay an adm does not affect shelby owmers that much but the bottom line is that i am in charge of my own happiness and thats why i choose to own this bad ass car now and not a year or two from now.I sincerly hope each and every member here gets a car on there own terms and i know that those that choose to wait stand a better chance of getting a less expensive deal then those who buy now but as a result of paying more now the disadvantage is less money in the bank but the advantage is having a gt500 and enjoying it NOW.It is all about choice and thank goodness we live in a nation where choice is our option. My 2 cents.

And Dave,

thanks for support

Larry

Archived