TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Should I be worried about clutch?

acarli3

I keep reading about this TSB fix and flywheel and clutch issues. I'm not mechanical but certainly want my car in tip top shape. I dont think I have clutch problems now (only 700 miles on my 08) but should I be talking my car in for warranty work before issues arrive or do the issues need to be present before they will work on my car? What is TSB?? Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin.

See the PDF file in post number one of the attached thread:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=497635

You can also type in the word Clutch at the top of the page in the "search" feature and find a ton of info on this topic.

If your car is built after 8/19/08...your fine.

Typically a dealer will not touch your car unless it is showing problems.

...oh ya, Welcome to TS. :)

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin.

See the PDF file in post number one of the attached thread:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=497635

You can also type in the word Clutch at the top of the page in the "search" feature and find a ton of info on this topic.

If your car is built after 8/19/08...your fine.

Typically a dealer will not touch your car unless it is showing problems.

...oh ya, Welcome to TS. :)

Hey Grabber, is the new flywheel build date 8/19/09? There's another post of yours where you are trying to determine when the new flywheels were installed and it says 8/27/09. Could you please clarify. Thanks in advance.

I keep reading about this TSB fix and flywheel and clutch issues. I'm not mechanical but certainly want my car in tip top shape. I dont think I have clutch problems now (only 700 miles on my 08) but should I be talking my car in for warranty work before issues arrive or do the issues need to be present before they will work on my car? What is TSB?? Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!
After you have read all the info. under clutch - about two days worth- you will see that the flywheel is deemed to be deffective in our cars- so it is a time bomb waiting to go off- good dealers will still do the tsb and I would try to get it done. The fact you posted means you have concerns which are valid- if you want to wait and have no problems and the issues have no problems for you go ahead and wait it out. Be sure you have towing insurance and be ready to leave your car at the dealer if they do not have all the parts. If the dealer says the clutch seems fine to him ask him what he would do if it was his car- that sometimes helps the issue along- myself I got it done so I could put some mods on the car before the tow truck- no problem from my dealer- If it fails again I may have some problems in the meantime the clutch gets not sympathy from me and we seem to get along a lot better with that approach.

Hey Grabber, is the new flywheel build date 8/19/09? There's another post of yours where you are trying to determine when the new flywheels were installed and it says 8/27/09. Could you please clarify. Thanks in advance.

If you go back to that thread that you found the 8/27/09 date you will see that another member found that his build date of 8/19/08 has the new flywheel in it. In fact this has been verified by 2 members so I updated the first post in that thread to reflect that data.

So yes....8/19/08 is the new date.

If you go back to that thread that you found the 8/27/09 date you will see that another member found that his build date of 8/19/08 has the new flywheel in it. In fact this has been verified by 2 members so I updated the first post in that thread to reflect that data.

So yes....8/19/08 is the new date.

Good to know, thanks again Grabber.

I also own a 08 GT500 in your same situation. Mine seems just fine, i took it to a dealer near me who had experience doing the TSB and asked to have it done, the first service advisor I spoke with took it for a test drive and said there was nothing wrong with it and they could not do it till it had a problem. I was back there a few weeks later for a tire vibration issue and had a different service advisor who brought my TSB request to the service boss and they agreed to do it. I guess you just have to talk to the right guy. Mine is in their shop know getting the TSB done, so we will see how it turns out.

I also own a 08 GT500 in your same situation. Mine seems just fine, i took it to a dealer near me who had experience doing the TSB and asked to have it done, the first service advisor I spoke with took it for a test drive and said there was nothing wrong with it and they could not do it till it had a problem. I was back there a few weeks later for a tire vibration issue and had a different service advisor who brought my TSB request to the service boss and they agreed to do it. I guess you just have to talk to the right guy. Mine is in their shop know getting the TSB done, so we will see how it turns out.

9000 miles on my 07; do I need to get it done???

Archived