TEAM SHELBY FORUM

You Gotta See This

rbortnick

post-4414-1162624182_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623360_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623397_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623451_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623498_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623534_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623571_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623621_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623674_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623715_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623715_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623753_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623869_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623902_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623935_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623975_thumb.jpgPicked my car up on October 21/06.

First of all I want to send a thank you out to this board for all of the especially useful info and advise that I have gotten here.

I will make this as short and sweet as possible but its gonna be hard.

The car is awsome, its truly a drivers car and my hat off to Ford, they really got this one right on the money. The car is civilized, but yet a BEAST, if you dare to unleash it, its all in your foot. The car is truly a GT car and deserves the designate GT500 name, IMO.

I cant say enough about it, the panel fit on my car, its perfect, all panels at 3/16" and straight as an arrow. Paint is like glass, no O. Peel, and deep.Everyone that commented on my car said "I love the color". The Grabber Orange color is amazing, pictures do nothing for it, you gotta see it in real life, best description I had was its a burnt orange/yellow color. In pictures it looks more orange under artificial lite and more yellow in sunlight. However, in real life its the opposite, I found that it looks more yellow in artificial light and more on the orange side in sunlight. I had my doubts on the color until I seen it. The striping is fine. I have the same transitions at my rear spoiler as the post that was on this site but unless your looking for this and your within 6" away you can not notice a thing. I will probably get my over the top stripes painted on this winter, just because this car deserves it and its worth it.

I let a few of my friends drive it and one of my best friend calls me up the next night and says I am still vibrating from driving your car last night, and says to me that he could not stop thinking about it all day at work. I am still vibrating and I drove it 2004.9KM (1250 miles).

Weight issue. there is no weight issue unless you got somewhere that you can drive it at 140 miles/hr + for long periods of time or you bought the car for 1/4 mile drag racing, there, most will not be able to drive it to the point where weight is an issue. I have a hard time with those, and the media is the worst, that put so much emphisize on weight.

Boost. No problem on my car, 9-10psi easy thru 1st to 3rd gear, its all in your foot. 5 psi no problem on the highway at 100 mile/hr +.

Handling. For a musclecar its a dream, very tight and no problems at any speed that you will be able to get to on a city street. As far as the highway/freeway goes comfortable at triple the posted speed on any tight corner that I went around. What more do you need ?

Gas mileage - Forget about it, its the shits.

Interior. I love it, clean, simple and easy. Seats are awesome, 8hr driving days and me and my companion hardly shifted in our seats at all. Just like sittin in a lazyboy. My color gauges are a nice touch. Only complaint is that the passenger seat should have been automatic as well. Back seats worked ok for city trips with adults and provided comfort, I thought that the back seat would be useless.

I had the pleasure of driving thru the windy roads thru rockies, this is where this car really shines. 170-180 km/hr (110 miles/hr) was perfect mountain highway cruizing speed, she purs like a kitten at this speed, just like most cars at 110 km/hr (70-80 miles/hr). Had it up to 210 km/hr for a short period of time only, I am not an experienced enough driver to run comfortably at this speed for long stretches thur the mountains. This was thru the Coquihalla for those that have driven it.

Tranny. Most of my chatter experience occured when I pussy footed the car only. Rev limiter is a good thing for most, if you plan on dragging the car you will want to tune this out so that you can redline when neccessary. Personally I prefer the rev limiter as a safety device, will protect you agianst accidental power train damage. Dont worry, the car reacts like a motor cycle if you want it to, anyhoo!!

Attention. Tons of it, had people literally follow me (or try to) to get a close glimps. All was very positive, thumbs up and "right ons".

For those that do not have their cars yet, you are in for an enlightening experience. For those that do, I am sure that you can relate.

I am parked for the winter, its gonna be a long winter.

A few pics for you veiwing enjoyment, some with Scott the SVT Guy.

post-4414-1162623360_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162623397_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162623451_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162623498_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162623534_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162623571_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162623621_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162623674_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162623715_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162623753_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162623869_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162623902_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162623935_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162623975_thumb.jpg

post-4414-1162624182_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the photos. I really enjoyed them. I have a GO on order also. Where were those photos taken. I guess that will explain why the car will be put away for the winter. Great story. Glad that your adventure can now begin. :shift:

Hey Rod,

WOW!!!!!!!

She's smok'in HOT!!!

I love the colour.

Sorry we were not able to hook up on your way through the Okanagan, on your

trip home. I took the Coquilhala on my way home after getting my car of course too.

WHAT A DRIVE!!! It doesn't get any better than that.

I agree with everything you said about the car, and the performance. I onlt took her to 185km/h

but I was driving at night, and she had no end in sight to being able to deliver way more than I was

prepared to go.

Well, maybe we meet one day down the road, on the road. Until then, enjoy your car my friend.

KingCobra.

Great pics and great summary! Hope you have the shortest winter in history.

Unfortunately we need a cold one to kill off all the damm pine beatles eating our forests. Maybe one of you should just drive the darn thing in the winter! It is meant to do that you know. Jeepers I wish I had mine... :banghead:

Thanks for all the photos. I really enjoyed them. I have a GO on order also. Where were those photos taken. I guess that will explain why the car will be put away for the winter. Great story. Glad that your adventure can now begin. :shift:

Pictures were taken at a few diffent places

Vancouver, B.C. (city shots), Vancouver Island and the Interior of British Coloumbia. The fall leave one I plan on blowing up as big as I can for a wall pic - that one was taken on Vancouver Island.

Hey Rod,

WOW!!!!!!!

She's smok'in HOT!!!

I love the colour.

Sorry we were not able to hook up on your way through the Okanagan, on your

trip home. I took the Coquilhala on my way home after getting my car of course too.

WHAT A DRIVE!!! It doesn't get any better than that.

I agree with everything you said about the car, and the performance. I onlt took her to 185km/h

but I was driving at night, and she had no end in sight to being able to deliver way more than I was

prepared to go.

Well, maybe we meet one day down the road, on the road. Until then, enjoy your car my friend.

KingCobra.

Thanks James

We will meet.

Next spring/summer I am going to plan a trip to your neck of the woods, Scott Street said he is in (my salesman, I think he told me that you came by to see him in Richmond), custom67 lives in Kelowna and apparently has a nice car collection that he wants to show us. We will get as many as we can and have a little meet in Kelowna - maybe there is a car show that we can do this around ?

Jet your more than welcome to come to.

Keep in touch.

Rod

Pictures were taken at a few diffent places

Vancouver, B.C. (city shots), Vancouver Island and the Interior of British Coloumbia. The fall leave one I plan on blowing up as big as I can for a wall pic - that one was taken on Vancouver Island.

Thanks James

We will meet.

Next spring/summer I am going to plan a trip to your neck of the woods, Scott Street said he is in (my salesman, I think he told me that you came by to see him in Richmond), custom67 lives in Kelowna and apparently has a nice car collection that he wants to show us. We will get as many as we can and have a little meet in Kelowna - maybe there is a car show that we can do this around ?

Jet your more than welcome to come to.

Keep in touch.

Rod

Yeah, the Show and Shine is held in August (I think) in City Park and is pretty cool. I was

thinking of putting my car in it next year with some Shelby handling and performnce parts.

We'll get together regardless. Here is are some pics of me and mine.

James.

post-1791-1162705040_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162705099_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162705158_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162705261_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162705040_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162705099_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162705158_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162705261_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the Show and Shine is held in August (I think) in City Park and is pretty cool. I was

thinking of putting my car in it next year with some Shelby handling and performnce parts.

We'll get together regardless. Here is are some pics of me and mine.

James.

Nice photos James, The PSDS is killin me tonight. The photos are uplifting. Can't waite to get mine.

]post-4414-1162623902_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623935_thumb.jpgpost-4414-1162623975_thumb.jpgPicked my car up on October 21/06.

Nice to see you finaly received and now enjoying your new ride......look's great.....color combo is outstanding....don't forget to go by those blood sucking dealers in Edmonton.......so they can eat their ADM's....Drive lots before the snow comes....

=Gas mileage - Forget about it, its the shits.

Not so fast there friend!

Your mileage will get MUCH better as the car gets broken in trust me. My first 300 miles or so I got about 10-12 miles a gallon... then I got about 12-14 until I hit about 500 miles and now that I have 1800 miles I average 17-20 and I drive it like I stole it.

I think that 18 miles a gallon is GREAT mileage for a supercharged 500 hp V-8 which is driven very often in excess of 100 mph. The other day I drove the sh*t out of my car and burned about 1/2 tank racing it against my friends 06 Mustang GT and taking it up to 145 mph several times and still got about 17 mpg.

I'm very satisfied because I thought it would always average at most about 10-12 the way I drive. :hyper:

=Gas mileage - Forget about it, its the shits.

Not so fast there friend!

Your mileage will get MUCH better as the car gets broken in trust me. My first 300 miles or so I got about 10-12 miles a gallon... then I got about 12-14 until I hit about 500 miles and now that I have 1800 miles I average 17-20 and I drive it like I stole it.

I think that 18 miles a gallon is GREAT mileage for a supercharged 500 hp V-8 which is driven very often in excess of 100 mph. The other day I drove the sh*t out of my car and burned about 1/2 tank racing it against my friends 06 Mustang GT and taking it up to 145 mph several times and still got about 17 mpg.

I'm very satisfied because I thought it would always average at most about 10-12 the way I drive. :hyper:

Bonus.

I am at about the 12-14 mark.

Thanks for the info. Great website.

Hi,

My first post here been long time reader. Had to comment on your ride. That Mango/Tungsten Shelby is just plain incredible. Nice pictures! Most of the pictures you see dont really do the car justice, yours are really excellent.

You got to love the way a Shelby sits, got that big block rake to it. You know its got something heavy under the hood=)

Hi,

My first post here been long time reader. Had to comment on your ride. That Mango/Tungsten Shelby is just plain incredible. Nice pictures! Most of the pictures you see dont really do the car justice, yours are really excellent.

You got to love the way a Shelby sits, got that big block rake to it. You know its got something heavy under the hood=)

Mango....that's funny :hysterical:

Hi,

Thanks

Seeing it in real life is a must. The pics dont really bring out the meaness. Finally someone got the color "Mango", thanks

Rod,The pictures look great,that colour is still set in my mind,beautiful but so nostalgic having an orange Harley I gotta love it.They say a picture puts on 10 lbs.I guess I'd better start my diet tommorrow,(NOT!)Great pictures on your trip looks like a lot of fun.Glad to hear your happy with the car!I'm expecting my first Blue with white stripes this week and next week a white convertible stripe delete.I 've seen a lot of these colors and havn't seen a bad one yet.Take care Scott.P.S.I hope this summer we can all hook up in Kelowna with Lonny,yourself and us,maybe time it with a car event in Kelowna,I'm about 4 hours on the bike away.

Archived