TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 427/SS Foundation Auction - Great idea But..

for the Foundation. I think a raffle would have a lot more participation from a greater audience. Far more people can afford to buy tickets than the car itself. In these economic times it is my guess that the winning bid won't be much higher than the actual cost of the car. Ex. just 5000 tickets at $25 would be 125K.

I know I bought tickets to Mr. Shelby's raffle of his 07 Blue/White GT500 that you auctioned a few years ago.

Amy - can you let us know if that raffle raised a bunch of money or if you think this auction will do better than that raffle did?

I also buy tickets from the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Central Valley, Inc. They have great cars that I could never afford to buy but would love to own. But I enjoy buying tickets in the hope of winning.

What do you think MR. Shelby, Amy and folks, does a raffle sound like a good idea? I know I would love to have a chance at owning a car like this.

thanks

Mike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks...A1%7C240%3A1318

for the Foundation. I think a raffle would have a lot more participation from a greater audience. Far more people can afford to buy tickets than the car itself. In these economic times it is my guess that the winning bid won't be much higher than the actual cost of the car. Ex. just 5000 tickets at $25 would be 125K.

I know I bought tickets to Mr. Shelby's raffle of his 07 Blue/White GT500 that you auctioned a few years ago.

Amy - can you let us know if that raffle raised a bunch of money or if you think this auction will do better than that raffle did?

I also buy tickets from the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Central Valley, Inc. They have great cars that I could never afford to buy but would love to own. But I enjoy buying tickets in the hope of winning.

What do you think MR. Shelby, Amy and folks, does a raffle sound like a good idea? I know I would love to have a chance at owning a car like this.

thanks

Mike

I would have to agree! :happy feet:

Yeah, I have to agree with the raffle idea. I buy tons of stuff on ebay and have bought my 2 Shelbys via ads on ebay (08 GT500 coupe and 68 GT500 vert) but I really get annoyed when you have to prequalify to bid on something. I also bought tickets on the 07 car and I would send my $200 for 8 tickets on this car if it were an option.

QSS

thanks

Mike

Mike while I'm not saying a raffle is a bad idea my feeling is that in these economic times it may be hard to sell 5,000 tickets. Also don't forget the amount of manpower needed to oversee the sale and delivery of 5,000 tickets.

The SS427 should have no problem getting $125k or more on ebay and the charity would have the funds in just a few weeks compared to months for a raffle.

I'm confident that the CSCF looked at all avenues for "selling" this car and chose the avenue they felt would work best. Keep in mind that the CSCF has done raffles, live car auctions and internet auctions so they should have a good feel for what works best for them. I'm also confident that this thread will remind them that there is interest in raffles which they may consider in the future.

Steve

Mike while I'm not saying a raffle is a bad idea my feeling is that in these economic times it may be hard to sell 5,000 tickets. Also don't forget the amount of manpower needed to oversee the sale and delivery of 5,000 tickets.

The SS427 should have no problem getting $125k or more on ebay and the charity would have the funds in just a few weeks compared to months for a raffle.

I'm confident that the CSCF looked at all avenues for "selling" this car and chose the avenue they felt would work best. Keep in mind that the CSCF has done raffles, live car auctions and internet auctions so they should have a good feel for what works best for them. I'm also confident that this thread will remind them that there is interest in raffles which they may consider in the future.

Steve

Thanks for the reply. I kind of had thought you would have looked at all the possibilities.

I'm looking forward to the next raffle oppurtunity.

Good Luck

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Archived