TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where is the SGT New upfit....

Ok Shelby you have made, GT500KR, GT500 SuperSnake, GT500 40th, The new Prudhomme GT500 with 800 HP++, GT500 427 Edition.... what else can you destroy us with....a All-New GT500USA car that has twin SC's and 1200 HP that is streetable? Come on Shelby!

Lets make a Shelby GT upfitter kit that will make our current cars just incredible and for those who want them we can pay X amount of dollars to get one. Well SAI you are losing big dollars here with a group of 8000+ owners who love their cars but are tired of being seen as "step children"! Well lets see something and not next year, lets see it now!

OK I am done...

Swede

Well...make that 7999+ owners because, as much as I would like to join in, my wallet won't permit it what I suspect will cost $20K+ more! :lol: But I do think that this should be offered and would get a lot of response. We do have the GT/SC available also, of course, which is a nice "package" that I would like to do someday. The potential Shelby GT upfitter package has been in discussion for a long, long time - one would think that we could at least get a "yes" or "no" and a planned timetable.

I agree with Ilmor. What's wrong with the SC Package, Swede? What the hell are you looking for?? How fast do you actually need your car to go? All I have is a nice tune in my car, and the thing flies. I'm afraid to put a SC in my car because I'll probably end up killing myself or worse someone else. Just enjoy the car for what it is Dude.

I agree with Ilmor. What's wrong with the SC Package, Swede? What the hell are you looking for?? How fast do you actually need your car to go? All I have is a nice tune in my car, and the thing flies. I'm afraid to put a SC in my car because I'll probably end up killing myself or worse someone else. Just enjoy the car for what it is Dude.

You called me Dude? tek why the tone here? The SC package is great but we are the only cars that were actually made at Shelby from the start and we are the only car that has not been offered a complete package upgrade ie: supersnake, 427, 40th, KR etc.... Haven't you been listening or reading? Furthermore if all you have is a nice tune I think that is great. My car now has 12K miles on it and maybe I might not even go with an upfit package but that doesn't mean I don't want the option? Right now, this moment, I am debating to go with the SC but if a "full" package is coming out I might want that as well. Like they say tek "variety is the spice of life"! Dude.

You called me Dude? tek why the tone here? The SC package is great but we are the only cars that were actually made at Shelby from the start and we are the only car that has not been offered a complete package upgrade ie: supersnake, 427, 40th, KR etc.... Haven't you been listening or reading? Furthermore if all you have is a nice tune I think that is great. My car now has 12K miles on it and maybe I might not even go with an upfit package but that doesn't mean I don't want the option? Right now, this moment, I am debating to go with the SC but if a "full" package is coming out I might want that as well. Like they say tek "variety is the spice of life"! Dude.

Well I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for this upgrade package.

Just curious, do you take your car to the strip or are just street racing with it?

Well I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for this upgrade package.

Just curious, do you take your car to the strip or are just street racing with it?

tek - No track...yet. I have not really street raced either, with this car. The price to pay is way to high to street race. So if/when I do race it I would take it to the track. I also hope we are crossing paths in the same direction tek as you seem like a good guy-

Swede

I agree with Swede here. I think if SAI could come out with a Shelby GT AFTER title package would be awesome.

In the ask Amy section this has been discussed. The folks that own these cars know more what they want in a package, but I would love to see SAI offer them something.

Maybe a Shelby GT-R? Supercharger, Big Brake Kit, Razors, Guage Pack and ALOT of Shelby Perfomance shiny stuff!!!!

MM

tek - No track...yet. I have not really street raced either, with this car. The price to pay is way to high to street race. So if/when I do race it I would take it to the track. I also hope we are crossing paths in the same direction tek as you seem like a good guy-

Swede

Thanks, you too Swede. And I hope you can get your SGT to where you can fully enjoy it.

Here is the link to the discussion about the upgrade

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27603

According to Amy they have been working on it for a year now. Don't hold your breath though - it ain't going to happen.

BTW - from my understanding, the KRs did go through the same modification process that the SGTs did. We just did it first.

Ok Shelby you have made, GT500KR, GT500 SuperSnake, GT500 40th, The new Prudhomme GT500 with 800 HP++, GT500 427 Edition.... what else can you destroy us with....a All-New GT500USA car that has twin SC's and 1200 HP that is streetable? Come on Shelby!

Lets make a Shelby GT upfitter kit that will make our current cars just incredible and for those who want them we can pay X amount of dollars to get one. Well SAI you are losing big dollars here with a group of 8000+ owners who love their cars but are tired of being seen as "step children"! Well lets see something and not next year, lets see it now!

OK I am done...

Swede

Swede, in my Humble opinion, Shelby created the 'Shelby GT', as a 'Performance Base Platform Vehicle'. Affordable, yet Performance in design and handling. That said, Carroll loves it when, the owners of his cars, improve them. IOW, Shelby makes and sells allot of Mods. Add to your car what you want, create something great, add what makes you happy, what makes your Shelby go faster, handle better, look awesome.

Carroll loves to hear, how people have modified their Shelby GT's or any Shelby for that matter. Experiment with different Shelby Mods, until you create your 'Ultimate Shelby'. Then send Carroll a picture and what you have done and come up with. Carroll Shelby and his Team are Racers, Car Designers, Innovators, of great car design and performance. The packages are great too. But don't hesitate to create your own unique Shelby, with Shelby Mods.

+1 with turnsignaldelete

I agree with you SWEDE - I understand where you're coming from - seems that all the upgrade packages and such have been targeted to the GT500 platform. I think that is why they've really left the GT/SC out there for us to mix/match and make our own - how we want it. But that's for those who want to supercharge their SGT and actually send it in to SAI or Qualified Mod Shop for the upfit. . . . There is a 'package' void for those who wish to remain N/A and only look to upgrade wheels/brakes and the like.

They offer the CS8 - post title upfit for the MGT owner. Though they don't build it - YOU do!

They offer the GT/SC - which also gives freedom of choice on parts added to the 'package'

I say - as long as you're using Shelby and SPP parts to complete your upfit - make it your own! Then show all of us what you did so we can high five ya, and wish that we'd thought of those mods, and OF COURSE have to go get them on our cars!

I think that's the beauty of it. . . . but that's just me and my $0.02

Trevor

Swede, in my Humble opinion, Shelby created the 'Shelby GT', as a 'Performance Base Platform Vehicle'. Affordable, yet Performance in design and handling. That said, Carroll loves it when, the owners of his cars, improve them. IOW, Shelby makes and sells allot of Mods. Add to your car what you want, create something great, add what makes you happy, what makes your Shelby go faster, handle better, look awesome.

Carroll loves to hear, how people have modified their Shelby GT's or any Shelby for that matter. Experiment with different Shelby Mods, until you create your 'Ultimate Shelby'. Then send Carroll a picture and what you have done and come up with. Carroll Shelby and his Team are Racers, Car Designers, Innovators, of great car design and performance. The packages are great too. But don't hesitate to create your own unique Shelby, with Shelby Mods.

+1 :peelout:

I think the point here is our SGTs are in an ala carte world.

The SC isnt a package. Its a supercharger.

A package would have an sc, brakes and a new driveshaft...for instance.

ie. more than one item.

We all know the parts are out there to do basically anything you want.

But, there is some cashe to getting it done AT SAI and a package of mods

rather than having to order everything ala carte has been requested, it has been

acknowledged, it may even have been called "getting worked on"

.....yet somehow never seems to materialize.

With a 4th package for GT500s out there now, many SGT owners are frankly still waiting....

....and wondering why.

I think the point here is our SGTs are in an ala carte world.

The SC isnt a package. Its a supercharger.

A package would have an sc, brakes and a new driveshaft...for instance.

ie. more than one item.

We all know the parts are out there to do basically anything you want.

But, there is some cashe to getting it done AT SAI and a package of mods

rather than having to order everything ala carte has been requested, it has been

acknowledged, it may even have been called "getting worked on"

.....yet somehow never seems to materialize.

With a 4th package for GT500s out there now, many SGT owners are frankly still waiting....

....and wondering why.

+1

Just because some can't afford a package isn't a very good reason not to want everyone else to have the option of a package.

I want to see a complete upfit, not just a blower. I can buy a blower from anyone and pay a lot less to install it.

An upfit should be limited in numbers, have a recognizable name (SGT-R, GT350, etc), and offer a complete performance upgrade, but any combination of those 3 would be fine by me. Yes, we , along with every other CAR owner, have the option of modifying our SGT's. The GT500 has several packaged, numbered, high performance mods available. They can't pull ONE out of their hat for the SGT? Even if 1/100 of SGT owners bought into it, it's money on the table for SAI. They only stand to profit.

Ken

p.s. The GT/SC is great, but not a 'mod package', by any means. Again, just my .02 on the whole mess. Carry on. :)

SAI licenses "upgraders" or Modification Centers like Sean Hyland Motorsport, Tasca Ford, Quantum Performance. I'm just guessing, but I bet Shelby trains the installers, sells the parts, has a surrogate monitor the process and inspect the product.

How about if a customer wants to incorporate certain Shelby-approved modifications, chosen from a menu, and for the limited purpose of completing the named mods, purchases a temporary "sub-contractor" license from Shelby? Shelby ships the parts, specifications, and instructions to the customer or his designated tech shop.

Once the specified project is completed locally by the customer or his/her chosen technician, an inspector appointed by Shelby checks the result, and if it is approved, presents the plaque or emblem signifying a Shelby-approved modification.

Less control by SAI over the step-by-steps, but the end-product, checked by a qualified Shelby representative, would certainly meet standards. It would offer a wide range of combinations to the consumer, who would be responsible for every phase of the modifications except design and production of the parts, and final inspection.

As for designations, they might incorporate the "designer's" moniker: Shelby GT by MyOwn07, or MyOwn07 by Shelby; MyShelby by Shelby, or Shelby GT by MyShelby.

OK I am done...

Swede

CONTACT BUD MAHONEY AT SAI ; THEY DO HAVE A VARIETY OF PACKAGES AND OPTIONS TO

CHOOSE FROM TO UPGRADE YOUR HORSE POWER AND APPEARENCE. YOUR WAIT IS OVER.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

SAI licenses "upgraders" or Modification Centers like Sean Hyland Motorsport, Tasca Ford, Quantum Performance. I'm just guessing, but I bet Shelby trains the installers, sells the parts, has a surrogate monitor the process and inspect the product.

How about if a customer wants to incorporate certain Shelby-approved modifications, chosen from a menu, and for the limited purpose of completing the named mods, purchases a temporary "sub-contractor" license from Shelby? Shelby ships the parts, specifications, and instructions to the customer or his designated tech shop.

Once the specified project is completed locally by the customer or his/her chosen technician, an inspector appointed by Shelby checks the result, and if it is approved, presents the plaque or emblem signifying a Shelby-approved modification.

Less control by SAI over the step-by-steps, but the end-product, checked by a qualified Shelby representative, would certainly meet standards. It would offer a wide range of combinations to the consumer, who would be responsible for every phase of the modifications except design and production of the parts, and final inspection.

As for designations, they might incorporate the "designer's" moniker: Shelby GT by MyOwn07, or MyOwn07 by Shelby; MyShelby by Shelby, or Shhelby GT by MyShelby.

VERY Creative, Boy, that would sure open up a wide range of options and ideas. Plus if inspected ,and OK'd, for registry. Very Interesting Idea. Would sure open of sales of Shelby Mods. and save money of production of a 'single kit' upgrade.

:woot:

Although I have been told by somebody I trust at SAI that there is an upgrade package coming, I have been asking for a package so long I am starting to give up hope.

The Shelby GT is a good car but some things were missed. The brakes are lack luster. The stock control arms and lack of an adjustable panhard rod (or watts link) to center the lowered chasis could be improved. Stock exhaust manifold. Wider tires and cooler wheels especially for black cars (OK personal opinion there). These issues and few other goodies could be offered at a modest price. Then if you wanted to go big and add the supercharger on top, more power to you.

Also, very few owners (especially 2007 owners) knew they could have the car flagged and upgraded by SAI. Those enthusiast that bought cars off of Ford lots should have the same chance. The it may not be worth it to SAI on a business stand point may be true but I am skeptical. They could use parts that they already inventory at Shelby Performance parts. The only thing that may cost them extra is the badging.

I have offered up package ideas several times since May 2007 (that's right 2007). You can check them out in the other threads if you wish. However, at this point I will just continue enjoy my car and slowly upgrade my pieces from whichever manufacturer makes the best part. Whether that is SAI, Steeda, Roush or whoever. If SAI comes out with a package maybe I will participate. Maybe I won't.

Although I have been told by somebody I trust at SAI that there is an upgrade package coming, I have been asking for a package so long I am starting to give up hope.

The Shelby GT is a good car but some things were missed. The brakes are lack luster. The stock control arms and lack of an adjustable panhard rod (or watts link) to center the lowered chasis could be improved. Stock exhaust manifold. Wider tires and cooler wheels especially for black cars (OK personal opinion there). These issues and few other goodies could be offered at a modest price. Then if you wanted to go big and add the supercharger on top, more power to you.

Also, very few owners (especially 2007 owners) knew they could have the car flagged and upgraded by SAI. Those enthusiast that bought cars off of Ford lots should have the same chance. The it may not be worth it to SAI on a business stand point may be true but I am skeptical. They could use parts that they already inventory at Shelby Performance parts. The only thing that may cost them extra is the badging.

I have offered up package ideas several times since May 2007 (that's right 2007). You can check them out in the other threads if you wish. However, at this point I will just continue enjoy my car and slowly upgrade my pieces from whichever manufacturer makes the best part. Whether that is SAI, Steeda, Roush or whoever. If SAI comes out with a package maybe I will participate. Maybe I won't.

THEY ALREADY HAVE SEVERAL PACKAGES AVAILIBLE. BUD SENT ME A MENU OF CHOICES

YESTERDAY. CALL BUD MAHONEY AT SAI AND AS HIM FOR THE LIST.

Why not just post here the menu of choices you got from Bud?

Or someone ask Bud to post that list instead of having a many peoples calling him...

Just received a list of available SGT mods from Bud; however, the email has a exclusive and confidential use statement which doesn't allow sharing the information on any public web forum without permission.

Guessing amoung other things that there may be an issue with a moving target in terms of which mods are available and potential price adjustments downstream.

Good news is that Bud was quick to reply.

Lg

Funny, there are packages available for the Shelby GT?

I have been waiting since 2007 to send my car back to SAI for the SC, brakes, lower grill, air ducts, and fog lights. I was originally told January of 08, then Summer of 08, and finally January of 09. Something about completing the 07's and then waiting on certifications on the 08's. I guess they finally got all the other SGT's done and squeezed out some room between the KR's and SS's.

Too bad my cash flow has gone to crap and I don't know if I will even be able to send my car back out there to get it completed.

Funny, there are packages available for the Shelby GT?

I have been waiting since 2007 to send my car back to SAI for the SC, brakes, lower grill, air ducts, and fog lights. I was originally told January of 08, then Summer of 08, and finally January of 09. Something about completing the 07's and then waiting on certifications on the 08's. I guess they finally got all the other SGT's done and squeezed out some room between the KR's and SS's

Been there, done that, I have purchased a lot of parts from SPP and most of my 20g has been spread around to other vendors. Only thing I really need to do is install bigger brakes, but I do not want to lose my 18's but I really like the SGT-C Orange with the S-1 shelby wheels and I will wait untill he post some pictures and then deside, Rick

THEY ALREADY HAVE SEVERAL PACKAGES AVAILIBLE. BUD SENT ME A MENU OF CHOICES

YESTERDAY. CALL BUD MAHONEY AT SAI AND AS HIM FOR THE LIST.

CS, I have the menu, THERE IS NO PACKAGE, only a list of mod's. Per Bud's email they are still working on a SGT package.

Archived