TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kentucky ice storm

Hello all,

Thought I would share a few pics of my yard during and after the ice storms here in western KY. There are still around 20,000 people without power according to the last update I heard.

The good news is my family is safe and the GT500 was unharmed and resting warmly in the garage with it's '65 fastback stablemate.

or4fad.jpg

3539ws4.jpg

v6t1xu.jpg

2gx36mq.jpg

2iaa0bd.jpg

5nkuo6.jpg

Marc,

Glad you're safe.

We experienced the same thing last year. In fact, about every 4 or 5 years we get an ice storm of this magnitude somewhere in Oklahoma. I can't remember the year ('02 or '03?), but it was as wide spread as yours is now. Our house almost burned down, because the weatherhead for our overhead power supply grounded out while the line was still hot. We still had power and thought we had escaped unscahthed. We only found it while trying to restore our phone line. Some were without power for almost a month that time.

Again, good to know you're okay.

Marc,

Glad you're safe.

We experienced the same thing last year. In fact, about every 4 or 5 years we get an ice storm of this magnitude somewhere in Oklahoma. I can't remember the year ('02 or '03?), but it was as wide spread as yours is now. Our house almost burned down, because the weatherhead for our overhead power supply grounded out while the line was still hot. We still had power and thought we had escaped unscahthed. We only found it while trying to restore our phone line. Some were without power for almost a month that time.

Again, good to know you're okay.

Thanks for the kind words. I am familiar with your weather out there in Oklahoma as well- we have been in business in central OK since 2000 (Henryetta, Okmulgee, Okemah, Weleetka) so i remember weathering that very storm.

I had partial power (my 220 service was out) here at the house until this evening when service was fully restored. They say that can be pretty dangerous, but I only lost a few minor appliances.

Take care.

Thanks for the kind words. I am familiar with your weather out there in Oklahoma as well- we have been in business in central OK since 2000 (Henryetta, Okmulgee, Okemah, Weleetka) so i remember weathering that very storm.

Henryetta, was where my mother was born in 1927. She didn't care for it back then. Small and always dusty. My grandparents and mother lived there until WWII then they moved to Oakland California to work in the shipyards.

Henryetta, was where my mother was born in 1927. She didn't care for it back then. Small and always dusty. My grandparents and mother lived there until WWII then they moved to Oakland California to work in the shipyards.

Guess that's why they called it the "dust bowl" :P

There's no more dust, but Henryetta is still pretty small, just ask Troy Aikman :rolleyes: I'd still take it over Oakland though........too many people wearing spikes, chains, leather and body piercings.......and then there's the football fans :ohsnap::poke:

btw: My dad's a year younger than your mom.....born in OKC 1928. Lived in LA, but moved back.

Archived