TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cleaning and Protecting the cloth top

How should I clean and protect my top? I washed it the other day but I suppose there are some better methods to properly clean and protect the cloth top. I beleive I read where some were getting white lines like how blue jeans start to fade.

Thanks!

(I noticed there is no Shelby GT Convertible forum so I am posting my question in the GT-H Convertible forum)

How should I clean and protect my top? I washed it the other day but I suppose there are some better methods to properly clean and protect the cloth top. I beleive I read where some were getting white lines like how blue jeans start to fade.

Thanks!

(I noticed there is no Shelby GT Convertible forum so I am posting my question in the GT-H Convertible forum)

I use RAGG TOP cleaner and protectant, i found out that after 3 car washes that the water did not bead up on the top like it did when new. I have also heard of white marks appearing on cloth tops, but since i live in Alaska i only get to put the top down maybe 12 days a year so with "lack of use" the white marks dont show up...

I use RAGG TOP cleaner and protectant, i found out that after 3 car washes that the water did not bead up on the top like it did when new. I have also heard of white marks appearing on cloth tops, but since i live in Alaska i only get to put the top down maybe 12 days a year so with "lack of use" the white marks dont show up...

Thank you!

Mine isn't an SGT, but I do have a fabric top. I use 303 Products. Cleaner works well, and the Fabric Guard keeps the water beading for a long time.

When applying the Fabric Guard, I get one of the cheap, thin, plastic drop cloths from the hardware store. I mask off everything but the cloth roof. You don't want that stuff drying on any other surfaces.

I do have a few white marks, but I think it comes more from the top being folded for extended periods. I try to keep the top up when not driving, which limits the amount of time the top is folded. That was my Captain Obvious statement for the day.

Archived