TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The TRT Logo:

Frank S

Mad hare "Lucifer", graces the Terlingua Racing Team's existence (and Web pages) with images on thousands of decals, t-shirts, even key-fobs, not to mention a few very special Mustang hoods. Somehow I had forgotten a famous look-alike: the Meyers Manx nameplate!

Both emerged during the middle 1960s. Coincidence? What do you think?

Any other instances of images that fit the pattern, more-or-less?

Mad hare "Lucifer", graces the Terlingua Racing Team's existence (and Web pages) with images on thousands of decals, t-shirts, even key-fobs, not to mention a few very special Mustang hoods. Somehow I had forgotten a famous look-alike: the Meyers Manx nameplate!

Both emerged during the middle 1960s. Coincidence? What do you think?

Any other instances of images that fit the pattern, more-or-less?

This is the 1st time I've ever seen that logo, but it certainly looks suspicious, especially if it was created post TRT logo.

Ken

I'm somewhat of a heraldry buff. The position of these two creatures is a standard heradic depiction known as the "passant" position. Some examples of "Passant". So two creatures drawn in passant will look similiar.

221108.JPG

RN_Animal_Dragon_Myth_6.jpg

Just do an image search on "heraldry passant" and you will get tons of examples

As for the colors, I read the TRT logo was a spoof of the Ferrari emblem (Ford's main rival during the LeMans races of the 1960s)

ferrari.jpg

I can't find the emblem right now, but I have one at home that I'll have to take a picture of. The Datsun Giffin emblem is often black on a yellow back ground. Datsun has been using the Griffin way back before the 60's though, so not really an emulation of Lucifer. I'm actually building a 1969 2000 Roadster that will be very similar to a Cobra in build, (Ford 5.0 supercharged w/ 5 speed) but I'm using all the Datsun Griffin ornamentation that looks like the Terlingua Rabbit.emblem_zpsiaby6b8d.jpg

Archived