TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many at MSRP?

GT500EnV

:happy feet:

I first asked My Dealer to start a list August 2004. This is when Carroll Shelby and Ford confirmed they were building a GT500 car at Airventure 2004 in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. :hyper: I have pics of those cars. They could not start a list then and eventually I was then put on the First list Third week of January, 2005 after the Detroit Auto Show. I was told at that time I did not have to order from a SVT Dealer and the current Dealer I had purchased 14 cars from could order me GT500 car. Ford reps at the Auto Show told me I was first on the list. I ended up getting a car from Abe. Abe told me in August that I was #11 car Oakridge was allocated. My number in line kept changing but I did get to order my Vert!

Alloy/Tungsten, Blk/Red Int., Shaker 1000 :happy feet:

Kstrong,

Am I out of touch?

Have all the issues with the Shaker 1000 in the Verts been resolved? This was an issue ages ago, but not sure what transpired something about mounting brackets was the last I heard, specifically in the Vert. Not to mention there is not a lot of room in the trunk when it is all said and done, (but personal choice)

I was encuoraged NOT to order the Shaker 1000 in my vert. A lot of folks ended up on material hold with this combo. Not sure where this is today.

Kstrong,

Am I out of touch?

Have all the issues with the Shaker 1000 in the Verts been resolved? This was an issue ages ago, but not sure what transpired something about mounting brackets was the last I heard, specifically in the Vert. Not to mention there is not a lot of room in the trunk when it is all said and done, (but personal choice)

I was encuoraged NOT to order the Shaker 1000 in my vert. A lot of folks ended up on material hold with this combo. Not sure where this is today.

They told me the Shaker 1000 was o.k. to order. Stronger brackets and stiffer suspension should fix the problem. They are not doing Verts w/Shaker 1000 until Jan 2008. :censored: Job 2 fixes the suspension issue I think.

I don't get the car untill April 2007. I should get it before they start the 2008's in June.

I have the Mach 1000 in the 04 Mustang GT and can still fit my sons hockey bag in the trunk. Golf clubs are another issue!

Besides all I need in the trunk of the GT500 is a cooler. :beerchug: :party:

They told me the Shaker 1000 was o.k. to order. Stronger brackets and stiffer suspension should fix the problem. They are not doing Verts w/Shaker 1000 until Jan 2008. :censored: Job 2 fixes the suspension issue I think.

I don't get the car untill April 2007. I should get it before they start the 2008's in June.

I have the Mach 1000 in the 04 Mustang GT and can still fit my sons hockey bag in the trunk. Golf clubs are another issue!

Now you're talkin'!

Considering the amount of drivin' I will get in between now and next spring may as well get my feet up and toast a few! Good luck on your car, will drop you a line next time I bring mine down to London.

Cheers!

:drop: I thought Job 2 is the Navigation only, suspension was not confirmed as true??

I got the suspension information from one of the forums as well. Can someone confirm this for us?

Is the suspension change Job 2?

I to have heard the job 2 gets a suspension tweak. It would be nice if one of the Ford management members could chime in here with some concrete info.

The hotline has confirmed the Dec. 5 susupension change. The thread is around. I have confirmed that the part numbers for at least the shocks and struts changes on Dec 5 as well(although some of the first units may still be in the assembly pipeline after that date).

The hotline has confirmed the Dec. 5 susupension change. The thread is around. I have confirmed that the part numbers for at least the shocks and struts changes on Dec 5 as well(although some of the first units may still be in the assembly pipeline after that date).

Thanks Jetsolver. I got my :idea: info from one of your posts. I remember the part #s you mentioned..

I think this change reduces the flexing that is breaking the Subwoofer Mounts in the "Verts". This may also

help with some wheel hop I have read about. :shift:

Thank you Jet for the info. it is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also ordered my car from London- . Inquired about it dec 2005 and was informed about the list in august- was ordered in august _ I am # 7 on the list

Tugsten vert , charcol interior and shaker 1000_ I was told to expect it Feb 07

GOOD LUCK Now for that looooong wait.

Just had to reply to this topic one last time. Brought my Alloy Coupe home yesterday. Price paid was $43,370.00($200 under MSRP) with only the upgraded interior package and top stripe delete, silver side stripes. Drive out with tax,title, and all fees was $46,762.07. Dealer was outstanding and honest. This car is everything I hoped it would be. I finally remember what it felt like to drive my 66' Ford Fairlane 427 wedge, which put out well over 500 horses. The main difference is this one is new and has air conditioning and a warranty. I hope to keep this one a lot longer too. Oh yeah, I only pd $1400.00 for the Fairlane.

I have also ordered my car from London- . Inquired about it dec 2005 and was informed about the list in august- was ordered in august _ I am # 7 on the list

Tugsten vert , charcol interior and shaker 1000_ I was told to expect it Feb 07

You ordered August 06? You get yours Feb 2007? I ordered August 2006. I was told I was #6 on the list. I later found out I ended up #11. They told me my Alloy Vert won't be ready untill April 07. :banghead:

Lets hope for a mild spring. :banana piano: Did you pay 5K over? :rant:

• 1 month later...

Ford could also look at the market and raise the price of the 08s

Heads UP ~ You might want to think about buying a Saleen Mustang rather than a Shelby Mustang. It will run circles around the GT500. Sits better rides lower. Contact me at kenardo@telus.net

Heads UP ~ You might want to think about buying a Saleen Mustang rather than a Shelby Mustang. It will run circles around the GT500. Sits better rides lower. Contact me at kenardo@telus.net

Don't forget to add "looks worse, costs more".

And...before you respond...let me say that I paid MSRP...so YES, it costs more for the equivalent amount of car.

Just had to reply to this topic one last time. Brought my Alloy Coupe home yesterday. Price paid was $43,370.00($200 under MSRP) with only the upgraded interior package and top stripe delete, silver side stripes. Drive out with tax,title, and all fees was $46,762.07. Dealer was outstanding and honest. This car is everything I hoped it would be. I finally remember what it felt like to drive my 66' Ford Fairlane 427 wedge, which put out well over 500 horses. The main difference is this one is new and has air conditioning and a warranty. I hope to keep this one a lot longer too. Oh yeah, I only pd $1400.00 for the Fairlane.

that is a great deal,your price must have been in US dollars. i also paid msrp at $52,099 CANADIAN dollars. so msrp is $43,570 US dollars or $52,099 CANADIAN dollars before any options or extra fees.good to know.happy new years to all and try and get your gt500's at these prices or close to it as possible.the car is well worth it. :rockon:

I also am getting mine for msrp, but only because i got into my dealer early (right after the announcement at the detroit auto show) and told them " You're going to be getting one of these Shelby's, and I want it!!" At first, they said sure thing, but i finally got them to take a large deposit and put the deal in writing. There's no doubt in my mind that if I had waited a few months, I'd never have got it at msrp. As a side note, I have my name on the first inbound 08 Shelby from a midwetern dealer at msrp. Once i get my 07, I'll problably turn someone onto that one..........

Archived