TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many at MSRP?

GT500EnV

Hello All,

I am #2 on a list for an 08' car. I Just got the call from my dealer, they have decided to to charge me $10,000 more. Needless to say I was less than impressed... ok I was downright mad! :censored: They have had my deposit for over a year and they pull this on me, sleaze... I don't know what to do, I certainly do not want to pay 10k over for this car.

I was wondering if any of you guys have received yours for msrp and what dealer you went to? I live in Ontario and the dealer I went to is in Windsor. If I can't find one I might consider legal action, although I don't know what grounds I have.

Thanks everyone.

Hello All,

I am #2 on a list for an 08' car. I Just got the call from my dealer, they have decided to to charge me $10,000 more. Needless to say I was less than impressed... ok I was downright mad! :censored: They have had my deposit for over a year and they pull this on me, sleaze... I don't know what to do, I certainly do not want to pay 10k over for this car.

I was wondering if any of you guys have received yours for msrp and what dealer you went to? I live in Ontario and the dealer I went to is in Windsor. If I can't find one I might consider legal action, although I don't know what grounds I have.

Thanks everyone.

What do you have in writing. Word of mouth these days does not mean much. :ohsnap:

Hello All,

Thanks everyone.

I paid the ADM. 10k over is at or below the curent ADM average. Not saying it's right, wrong, or indifferent, just the facts. Unless you had a written contract, legal action will probably just cost you attorney's fees with no results. There are a few on this site that paid MSRP, very few. If they did, they probably had some connection. The connections didn't work for me, so I paid the greedy :censored: Was it worth it? He!! yea!!! :shift:

Hello All,

Thanks everyone.

I went through the same thing after being on a list for a very long time indeed. When I finally got the chance to officially order (on paper) they tagged me for the mark up. According to what I have heard (right or wrong I am not sure) in Ontario a vendor can ask for more than MSRP.

I looked at the contract high and low and at a dozen different angles including the legal process which probably will cost more than the mark up anyway to achieve what? A leagl bill and having to buy the car at an ADM anyway?

There are a few members that received their cars at MSRP. But I also believe the majority of dealers have asked for more and achieved it. I would have to say that $10K for an 08 is a little stiff though? It looks as though the big bucks that they have been getting for the 2007's seems to have been dropping off.

Whatever you do decide to do, get it in writing. Once it is in writing it's pretty solid from there.

Pete

Hello All,

Thanks everyone.

G.T500EnV

I got minefor msrp & svt charge but look around $10,000 is too much. Unless you have something in writing you are pretty much beat. I would try some Toronto dealers i know some of the forum members that also got theirs for msrp.. Iknow of one dealer in Burlington that are asking $5,000 over msrp. Good Luck.

OH by the way welcome to the forum great people on this forum.

I ordered mine in London.

I paid 5K down with 5K above MSRP. All of us who ordered at this dealership paid 5K over.

The Dealerships around her have over 100 names on their Lists.

You may not find a car to buy in Ontario, we are just not getting enough cars to satisfy our market. :rant:

$500 over BUT it was a battle, they tried for $5000. No more details, water under the bridge and I'd rather not bring it back up. Dealer has been good since...........still waiting but coming soon.........

Hello All,

Thanks everyone.

Rumour has it (from a few sources), Canada my do what the u.s. is doing, that is opening the flood gates for this car to be sold thru any Ford dealer, not just SVT. This means, for 2007, we all know each SVT dealer is getting 15 cars, for 2008, each Ford dealer may only get 2-4 cars. Really want one?? Jump in

I ordered mine in London.

I paid 5K down with 5K above MSRP. All of us who ordered at this dealership paid 5K over.

The Dealerships around her have over 100 names on their Lists.

You may not find a car to buy in Ontario, we are just not getting enough cars to satisfy our market. :rant:

Hey Kstrong I got mine in London too!!

I spoke to them today there have only been three out the door. So you must have bought from Kelly unless you were the number one car?

Friend of the owner?

Got a e-mail today from a local dealer in Oregon. He's got a Shelby on the floor. Went to look at it for kicks. Sold tonight for 20K over MSRP.

Wow! I guess eBay isn't such a good gauge on what GT500s are still going for. I wonder if there is going to be an X-mas boost to prices?

I was wondering if any of you guys have received yours for msrp and what dealer you went to?

Back in May of 2005 I decided I had to have the GT500. I went to Dixie Ford in Mississauga to see about getting on the list but the salesman was a jerk. I offered to put $1,000 down, he went to his manager and came back telling me that I had to put $2,000 down. His attitude pissed me off so I left and went to Erinwood Ford where they took my $1K and wrote up a purchase agreement stamped "CUSTOMER AGREES TO PAY MSRP". After waiting 519 days, my car came in and I got it for the MSRP plus a $500 SVT fee.

However, if you read the fine print on the back of the agreement, it's only valid for 90 days and after that it can be cancelled by either party simply by writing a letter. Erinwood Ford said that they didn't do business that way so kudos to them.

I met a fellow who did get on the list at Dixie Ford and when their cars came in they had to pay a $7K ADM. Erinwood says that next year all dealers in Canada (not just SVT) will be getting one GT500 each. He expects to sell that one with an ADM though.

With only 400 or so cars for a population of 30 million, it's tough to find one. A friend of mine who works at a Ford dealership says that they get at least a couple of calls a week from people looking for a GT500.

Ford could also look at the market and raise the price of the 08s

Considering the present situation of the company, anything that could possibly justify further revenues for the company would surely have to be looked at. Not to meniton what the dealers want to have in their pocket too?

Perhaps the $10K on the '08 is in anticipation of the whole dealer network having access to these cars. If this is the case the mark up on them at each dealer could be severe as they believe they may only get a shot at one or two/year.

See !!! didn't I say the same thing in my post above?? 2008 model, good luck if true. Looks like us 2007 guys may be the lucky ones.

Reread the link to the other thread - nothing will change for 08 - the distribution of SVT product MAY change after the 08 model year.

Reread the link to the other thread - nothing will change for 08 - the distribution of SVT product MAY change after the 08 model year.

Thanks Fly, I went back and checked.

Maybe communication on the ground is not filtering down from up high.

I heard the same concern from my purchasing dealer on Friday.

I think they should go through the SVT network (IMHO), but I can see pressure from the general dealer network to get access.

Ford could also look at the market and raise the price of the 08s

I`ve talk to two dealers & both said that there willbe a price increase on the 08`.

Both indicated their 08` list is full that`s if they get 15 units.

I`ve talk to two dealers & both said that there willbe a price increase on the 08`.

Both indicated their 08` list is full that`s if they get 15 units.

Back in July when I picked mine up there was a guy signing up for one of the last 08s. He said he wish he got my deal and that he was putting $10,000 deposit down for a car he would not see for 2 years. Wow!

Back in July when I picked mine up there was a guy signing up for one of the last 08s. He said he wish he got my deal and that he was putting $10,000 deposit down for a car he would not see for 2 years. Wow!

Yikes!?!

And here I was thinking, I was getting burned!?!

The more you know...........

Hey Kstrong I got mine in London too!!

I spoke to them today there have only been three out the door. So you must have bought from Kelly unless you were the number one car?

Friend of the owner?

Been on the list long time. Bought mine from Abe.

I am #1 on a Non-Svt Dealer who was promised a car years ago but he isn't getting a car so I had to go to the SVT Dealer in London Sept 2005. :censored: They put me sixth on the list at that time. I ordered mine in August from Oakridge, Get it April 2007. :happy feet:

Been on the list long time. Bought mine from Abe.

I am #1 on a Non-Svt Dealer who was promised a car years ago but he isn't getting a car so I had to go to the SVT Dealer in London Sept 2005. :censored: They put me sixth on the list at that time. I ordered mine in August from Oakridge, Get it April 2007. :happy feet:

I actually ended up with the no. 1 car delivered as the first whih was a coupe was still on the showrrom floor when I picked up mine. I have e-mails going back to June 2005, and the phone calls started in early 2005. The coupe was ordered in May not long after Can pricing was released.

My order was physically entered on June 5th this year. (Your friend Abe actually ordered it) I picked her up Aug 24th. As far as I know I was I was no. 1 from ground zero, but the owners buddy took precedence with the Red coupe.

No.1 Red Coupe

No. 2 Red Vert (Me)

No.3 Vista Blue Coupe/Vert?

No. 4 was a Tungsten Coupe it was screwed up (???) and cancelled sold on the street for $10K over list

That was as of Friday Nov 3rd.

:happy feet:

I actually ended up with the no. 1 car delivered as the first whih was a coupe was still on the showrrom floor when I picked up mine. I have e-mails going back to June 2005, and the phone calls started in early 2005. The coupe was ordered in May not long after Can pricing was released.

My order was physically entered on June 5th this year. (Your friend Abe actually ordered it) I picked her up Aug 24th. As far as I know I was I was no. 1 from ground zero, but the owners buddy took precedence with the Red coupe.

No.1 Red Coupe

No. 2 Red Vert (Me)

No.3 Vista Blue Coupe/Vert?

No. 4 was a Tungsten Coupe it was screwed up (???) and cancelled sold on the street for $10K over list

That was as of Friday Nov 3rd.

I first asked My Dealer to start a list August 2004. This is when Carroll Shelby and Ford confirmed they were building a GT500 car at Airventure 2004 in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. :hyper: I have pics of those cars. They could not start a list then and eventually I was then put on the First list Third week of January, 2005 after the Detroit Auto Show. I was told at that time I did not have to order from a SVT Dealer and the current Dealer I had purchased 14 cars from could order me GT500 car. Ford reps at the Auto Show told me I was first on the list. I ended up getting a car from Abe. Abe told me in August that I was #11 car Oakridge was allocated. My number in line kept changing but I did get to order my Vert!

Alloy/Tungsten, Blk/Red Int., Shaker 1000 :happy feet:

Archived