TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Introducing myself!!

Sierragt

Hey all This is my first post as I just registered. I bought my triple black Shelby GT500 SVT 6 months ago, and am so totally blown away by its looks and performance. I have had fast cars before but never one of this caliber. I now am not scared to pull up beside anything, including vipers or vettes. Although I have to ask does anyone have info about the differences between the GT500, the GT500 SVT, and the GT500KR?

The SVT is not offered in Canada but the KR is. I have been told that my SVT is basically the same car in every aspect. When I wernt to register my shelby there was no GT500 SVT model listed. so am looking for answers. Anything anyone can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks and "Long Live the GT500!!!"

First, Welcome my maple leaf Shelby brother...

I'm not real sure if there is something different in Canada, but down here there is only the Shelby GT500 that was produced by the now nonexistent SVT branch of Ford. And never was just a GT500.

The KR is the King of the Road version that was released last year and has performance, handling and appearance enhancements and was along the lines of the orginal Shelbys of the 60's and 70's. It first commanded quite a bit more than it's already elevated sticker price, but will probably stay quite a collectors item. Great car, but I bought mine to drive and my early 07 vert is holding it's price quite well and I paid no where near what they were going for when I bought mine. I did however not have much to chose from, no order, just a year and half wait on a deposit and could chose the color I wanted when they came in...mine was the second one to come in at that dealership, that's back when you had to be an SVT dealer to even get one, that went away not long after the 07's came out.

Some food for thought while waiting for the snow to melt.... I would do a little research and find out if there was a dealership close to you that WAS an SVT dealership and see if they still have the techs working in their service department, if so, I would make the effort to take it to them for any warranty work. You'll find if you do enough searches there are many bad experiences with regular dealerships that don't know the nuances of our car.

Hope this helps and welcome again to the site.

CAF-Photo-Shoot-249.jpg

ShelbyCenterLettering003.jpg

i guess i need to see one inperson before i pass judgement but my first impression of the 2010 is i like the front end and the hood.the new sidestripes look good as well i really like the interior except the stripes on the seats,that steering wheel is awesome but when you get to the back of the car that is when it gets bad.do not like the antenna and i dont get the black plastic peice on the spoiler..the rear valance is a bit much as well..the grabber blue with white stripes looks amazing.wish we could have gotten a green black stripe out of ford

wasn't there an old lime green with flat black in the early 70's Boss?

That would look great, and I agree, not in love with the back end, guess it'll have to grow on me, but the rest of the car is nicely done.

Hey all This is my first post as I just registered. I bought my triple black Shelby GT500 SVT 6 months ago, and am so totally blown away by its looks and performance. I have had fast cars before but never one of this caliber. I now am not scared to pull up beside anything, including vipers or vettes. Although I have to ask does anyone have info about the differences between the GT500, the GT500 SVT, and the GT500KR?

The SVT is not offered in Canada but the KR is. I have been told that my SVT is basically the same car in every aspect. When I wernt to register my shelby there was no GT500 SVT model listed. so am looking for answers. Anything anyone can give me would be appreciated.

Hey there and happy to see another guy from Sask on here. I am origionally from Yorkton and now live just outside of Edmonton. Just to answer a couple of your questions, there is only the GT500 built by SVT. So there is only 2 choices, the GT500 and the GT500KR. Just like the states. I think there was a brocure that was kind of confusing and like usual got us Canadians all screwed up, LOL!!! O well, enjoy your car and start modding that thing. The first thing you have to do is fix the traction problem they have. Do a search on Lower and Upper control arms on here, the guys on this form have a ton of knowlege and are happy to help you out. Have a good one and BTW, GO RIDERS!!!!!!!

Guest markham51

Guest markham51

Welcome Saskatchewan! Several of my family lived there for years, in Regina and North Battleford. My wife and I are from Winnipeg and vacation in Manitoba every July. We now live in Ontario just north of Toronto.

New GT500s are sold in Canada exclusively through SVT dealers. There used to be around 27 SVT dealers. Perhaps that is where the "SVT" came from in describing the cars but rest assured your car is a GT500, not a GT500 SVT. I own 2 GT500s and both were purchased in Canada.

This board will offer you a wealth of information and an opportunity to meet some really great people.

Mark

Archived