TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stimulus Package

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm absolutely embarrassed that our country has leaders that propose and support bills such as this "economic stimulus" package. I am thankful to see that some democrats are beginning to agree that it's nonsense. Hopefully Obama will take the high road, agree and cut the pork and non-economy related pieces out, but my hopes are low based on his leadership example to date.

Won't happen--I'm one of those pinko-libs who voted for Obama--in fact rumor has it I may be the next car czar.

CC

Sweet! The car czar wont get involved with Ford because they didnt take any money!!!!

I didnt vote for Obama, but I am one who thinks we should give him a chance. So far its not looking good! :cry:

MM

Its NOT welfare anymore. Its called tax credits!! Now if someone can explain to me how someone who DOESNT pay tax gets a tax credit???

MM

WE are Paying His Taxes for Him so he gets Credit for Paying Taxes, it's a TEAM effort........................

Sweet! The car czar wont get involved with Ford because they didnt take any money!!!!

I didnt vote for Obama, but I am one who thinks we should give him a chance. So far its not looking good! :cry:

MM

No votes from us either. What's that expression about giving somebody so much rope?? :lurk:

Nice one-sided hatchet job there Newt! Outstanding! Focus on some of the silly stuff that makes up a miniscule portion of the bill to get it passed, for better or worse, so your pals can derail the entire package.

:jackinbox:

Like Rush said, the Republican party is perfectly willing to drag us all into a depression, and make sure this President fails, just to gain politically. They just can't have "the chosen one" as you guys call the President do anything to positively effect the economy. The mid terms will soon be here and unless they can keep this crisis going they will loose more seats and loose the ability to filibuster in the Senate.

:talkhand:

Nice one-sided hatchet job there Newt! Outstanding! Focus on some of the silly stuff that makes up a miniscule portion of the bill to get it passed, for better or worse, so your pals can derail the entire package.

:jackinbox:

Like Rush said, the Republican party is perfectly willing to drag us all into a depression, and make sure this President fails, just to gain politically. They just can't have "the chosen one" as you guys call the President do anything to positively effect the economy. The mid terms will soon be here and unless they can keep this crisis going they will loose more seats and loose the ability to filibuster in the Senate.

:talkhand:

Yep! $198 million to compensate Filipino World War II veterans for their service is silly miniscule stuff...NOT!

Yep! $198 million to compensate Filipino World War II veterans for their service is silly miniscule stuff...NOT!

It's .00022% of the package and actually don't think that's silly. These are men that served in our military, were given false promises for their service, but in the twilight of their years still have no benefits.

I think it something we should look at but for sure shouldn't be a part of the bill...but I wouldn't hold up the bill because of it or try to convince others to! We are loosing 600,000 jobs a month!

Let's not be .00022% wise and 600,000 people foolish, heh?

It's .00022% of the package.

Got another?

So the more we spend the better it is? WTF kind of logic is that!?

It's real simple: cut the politics as usual BS, and cut out the crap out of the bill that has nothing to do with stimulating the economy. There! Problem solved.

It's real simple: cut the politics as usual BS, and cut out the crap out of the bill that has nothing to do with stimulating the economy. There! Problem solved.

Guess you don't want to admit how Washington works! The people that snuck stuff in to get it passed are the same frame of mind as those who would derail it to gain political points with their base. To hell with what's needed but what can I get. I think, unfortunately, the danger of doing nothing far outweighs the danger of letting it pass with a few BS spending projects. We can live to fight another day to save $$$$ elsewhere, without it...

BTW! make no mistake! I would welcome .00022% of the bailout in my checking account!

:happy feet:

BTW! Sorry one more point to put the REAL dollar value in perspective. If we passed the bill AS IS (not that I like it) and it prevented 600,000 more people from losing their jobs the that would be $330 per job saved. If in addition we got 600,000 more back to work that would be $170 per person. We're approaching 10% unemployment. I don't like these BS projects anymore than you do but we are running out of time!

I have an idea...Let's take the $800 billion or whatever those nimrods in Congress decide upon and divide it up amongst all the honest, individual U.S. tax payers and issue it in the form of a debit card that is ONLY valid to purchase food, clothing, gasoline, home electronics, U.S. built automobiles and everything else I forgot to mention that is AMERICAN MADE. If the card doesn't get used, there is NO debit to the Treasury account it is linked to...If it does, then the purchase should help stimulate the economy and at least preserve jobs if not create more. Can it be any simpler???

It's .00022% of the package and actually don't think that's silly. These are men that served in our military, were given false promises for their service, but in the twilight of their years still have no benefits.

I think it something we should look at but for sure shouldn't be a part of the bill...but I wouldn't hold up the bill because of it or try to convince others to! We are loosing 600,000 jobs a month!

Let's not be .00022% wise and 600,000 people foolish, heh?

I think the point is that Obama and the Democrats are telling the American people that this is an economic stimulus package and its perfect and all that - however - Obama also stated during the election that he would trim fat and pork, and that he have an "Era of Responsibility". Fact is, this package contains a large amount of pork and fat and items that will do nothing to stimulate the economy, and now is not the time to be spening taxpayer dollars needlessly on foreign abortions and condoms, or even in paying back those men, I don't care if its .00022% or not. This does not seem like "Change" to me, or an "Era of Responsibility". Obama, Pelosi and the Democrats should not be representing, in effect lying, to the American people about this so-called economic stimulus package. He still has a chance, however, to not sign it in its present form (hopefully the Senate will be successful in making it a true stimulus package), so I'm waiting to see.

BTW! Sorry one more point to put the REAL dollar value in perspective. If we passed the bill AS IS (not that I like it) and it prevented 600,000 more people from losing their jobs the that would be $330 per job saved. If in addition we got 600,000 more back to work that would be $170 per person. We're approaching 10% unemployment. I don't like these BS projects anymore than you do but we are running out of time!

Did you forget a few decimal places? $900,000,000,000 divided by 600,000 jobs = $1,500,000 per job!

At best $900,000,000,000 divided by 5,000,000 jobs = $180,000 per job WTF are they thinking?

And the latest news report is that they now have enough vote to pass the pork, I mean stimulus bill. Oh, yay...

Well, if Obama signs off on the bill and the liberal pork my opinion of him gets lowered yet another notch, which I didn't this was possible.

The day of the great shove it down your throat approach. I hope that the 4 Sen who are on the line that might vote for it got enough emails today to say NO to this STIM-U-LIE PACKAGE. Sen Olympia, Sen Collins, Sen Specter,Sen George from Ohio Vote NO on this PORK filled package.

Archived