TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fender stickers

kahmann

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How are they measured to get on the fender? Like is the space in the senter of the fender itself measuremnet wise?

I think exact placement is left to a little personal interpretation. Some have been very particular and have the space between aligned with the center of the hubs. The exact angle is a little tricky. I chose to go with the "spirit" of them. In some casese they were strips of tape applied to the fenders before a race and i've also read that some pit crews simply grabbed a can of spray paint and applied a couple of stripes at the last minute.

If I remember correctly. . . . the 1" space bewteen the stripes is centered on the Wheel opening and the center of the wheel itself.

the angle for the install is roughly 17.5" back from the front edge of the fender to the leading edge of the front stripe then 2" to the space, then 1" to the second stripe.

---------------------------------------------------------------/---------------/----------/---------------/-------------------------------------------

Front of Fender -------------------------------17.5"----> / <----2"----> / <--1"-> / <----2"---->/--------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------/---------------/----------/---------------/--------------------------------------------

Or if you notice in HORSBYT's photo - there's a black rubber hood bumper on the inside of the fender that is basically centered on the 1" space between the stripes. . . . This gives approximately the correct angle.

Taking a little time to plan it out before you peel the stripes off and wet them down will go a long way. I still have the exact instructions that ROSSSVT sent me with the stripes I got from him. Once I get back home I can post them up here for you if you'd like.

Trevor

If I remember correctly. . . . the 1" space bewteen the stripes is centered on the Wheel opening and the center of the wheel itself.

the angle for the install is roughly 17.5" back from the front edge of the fender to the leading edge of the front stripe then 2" to the space, then 1" to the second stripe.

---------------------------------------------------------------/---------------/----------/---------------/-------------------------------------------

Front of Fender -------------------------------17.5"----> / <----2"----> / <--1"-> / <----2"---->/--------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------/---------------/----------/---------------/--------------------------------------------

Or if you notice in HORSBYT's photo - there's a black rubber hood bumper on the inside of the fender that is basically centered on the 1" space between the stripes. . . . This gives approximately the correct angle.

Taking a little time to plan it out before you peel the stripes off and wet them down will go a long way. I still have the exact instructions that ROSSSVT sent me with the stripes I got from him. Once I get back home I can post them up here for you if you'd like.

Trevor

That would be cool. And no one has really said where to get them. Id like some black ones to match my stripes....

The pit stripes are great.

Does anyone else have 'fender stickers' that they use from the manufacturers of the aftermarket parts they've installed?

I've got a pile of these kinds of stickers and I'm still considering decking my front fenders and/or doors out with some of them.

Ken

find you any vinyl graphic company and tell them what color stripe you want, you need two strips 2" wide 18" long per side. my vinyl guy usually just gives me mine from scraps. you should be able to get it for $10-15.

Chris

Does anyone else have 'fender stickers' that they use from the manufacturers of the aftermarket parts they've installed?

I've got a pile of these kinds of stickers and I'm still considering decking my front fenders and/or doors out with some of them.

Ken

This is exactly what im doing. Now if I could only find all the stickers.

Chris

The weather was clear down here too for the first time in a few days.

Your car looks great. It's nice to see some sunshine in Clark County in February!

Ken

Yes we had a clear day too. 55 out. I rode down to starbucks by the columbia River at the I-5 Bridge for Coffee. The parking lot was full so I had a cup of jo outside while parked next to the Red curb. I know it's a NO NO but I was right there at the outside table and it was only for 10 minutes.

MalcoWax078.jpg

MalcoWax077.jpg

MalcoWax076.jpg

Looks like the Barnes & Noble on Jantzen Beach. Man, I miss it up there! I moved to California for work a few years back with every intention of returning home in no time. But, here I sit. <_<

Yep....that's Jantzen Beach. I meet some of the locals there in the parking lot often for coffee and then we go out riding. :happy feet:

Starbucks-CougarCruizeOct2008001.jpg

Starbucks-CougarCruizeOct2008002.jpg

Starbucks-CougarCruizeOct2008003.jpg

Starbucks-CougarCruizeOct2008005.jpg

Starbucks-CougarCruizeOct2008008.jpg

Starbucks-CougarCruizeOct2008010.jpg

Starbucks-CougarCruizeOct2008013.jpg

Starbucks-CougarCruizeOct2008014.jpg

Starbucks-CougarCruizeOct2008015.jpg

Starbucks-CougarCruizeOct2008016.jpg

That's a good sized group of Shelbys! Great photos..

I actually lived just about a mile from there on the other side of the river downtown Vancouver, when I went to Clark College.

I didn't have a Shelby then, however. I had to settle for my trusty old 10 speed to get around! ;)

Ken

That's a good sized group of Shelbys! Great photos..

I actually lived just about a mile from there on the other side of the river downtown Vancouver, when I went to Clark College.

I didn't have a Shelby then, however. I had to settle for my trusty old 10 speed to get around! ;)

Ken

Vancouver WA is growing. I like it here. I just can't wait for the I-5 bringe to be replaced. It's going to start in a year or 2 IMO. I bet the project is a 3 year one. They are still fighting about how wide it should be. It might be 12 lanes wide.

http://www.roadsbridges.com/New-I-5-bridge...-newsPiece17490

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story....424341913684800

Ken

I've thought about doing this. Sometimes they look really cool and sometimes they seem a bit much. The one spot I was going to do was the rocker panel that runs the length from behind the front fender along the bottom of the door to the beginning of the rear wheel opening. I thought about going to a graphics shop and actually re-making all the mfg stickers in all the same color for this... I thought that would be cool. I also like that spot on the "B" pillar on the car. The rear 1/4 windows look like an ideal spot as well.

Yep....that's Jantzen Beach. I meet some of the locals there in the parking lot often for coffee and then we go out riding. :happy feet:

Starbucks-CougarCruizeOct2008002.jpg

Grabber,

Looks like a good time & nice pictures.

You actually had nice weather today in Vancouver?

Just 90 miles north and we were stuck in fog most of the day & 39 degrees.

Please give us a heads up next time; schedule permitting we would like to join you.

Thanks!

Lg

Larry,

It was nice today. Kind of a freak day if you ask me.

I will be planning many outings this spring and summer. I will post a thread a week in advance in the NW section. I hope to meet up with you and the others soon. The rain is coming back tomorrow. Snow mix on Monday.

My went back to sleep after I cleaned it up this evening. :cry:

Um i really hope that is a photoshopped pic and u didnt do that to your car. Cuz its not good man. That is pretty much the dumbest thing i have seen yet. Sorry. Not bein meen. Just....wow :barf:

But how do you really feel?

I kinda like it, looks like some of the Cobras Ive seen.

Chris

That's exactly the look I was going for....the FIA Cobra stripes from the 60's

Based on someone else's comments, I don't think everyone appreciates the history behind it, but hey, there are many things I would not do to my car that others wouldn't think twice about. Everyone has own opinion of what 'works' and what doesn't.

But how do you really feel?

Sorry dude not for me. But u do get the FIA cobra look. Only thing is if u take the factory stripes u will get the look. All the classic cobra fias with this stripe didnt have racing stripes. Thats why i didnt see what you were goin for. But i see it now with you mentioning what you were goin for. So if u like go for it!

new_rims_016.jpg

The stripes are reflective scotch brite green, on both sides. Shelby said he won't make a green car and my wife won't let me buy a Bullitt. It's a tribute to all my previous green mustangs. It is also very easy for my camera person at the track to spot me.

I perfer a line that matches the front of the hood from a down shot, it looks more aggressive. If you put a meatball (#) on the hood, match the angle to the fender stripe. Yes, I was a good Boy Scout.

Almost all of the cars at the 09 Bash in Vegas had these stripes and the were provided in red and silver if you wanted them. I think it has become a S197 thing. I won't say just Shelbys because if I do get the Bullitt it will have white reflective on both fenders.

Mike, 07 SGT#182

new_rims_016.jpg

post-10954-1234416587_thumb.jpg

The stripes are reflective scotch brite green, on both sides. Shelby said he won't make a green car and my wife won't let me buy a Bullitt. It's a tribute to all my previous green mustangs. It is also very easy for my camera person at the track to spot me.

I perfer a line that matches the front of the hood from a down shot, it looks more aggressive. If you put a meatball (#) on the hood, match the angle to the fender stripe. Yes, I was a good Boy Scout.

Almost all of the cars at the 09 Bash in Vegas had these stripes and the were provided in red and silver if you wanted them. I think it has become a S197 thing. I won't say just Shelbys because if I do get the Bullitt it will have white reflective on both fenders.

Mike, 07 SGT#182

Looks great, Mike. I like the green a lot!

Ken

Archived