TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FINALLY........TODAY IS MY DAY!!!!!!!!!

rmustgt

Terry 1234 you can take my name off of the list!!! I got the call from the dealer at about 10:30 this morning that my car had finally arrived. I left work at Noon to go see it. I stayed at the dealer long enough to ride with the tech when he did the detune. All I can say is......WOW!!!!!!! Well that's it for now as I have to get going to the dealer to sign the paperwork and bring the baby home!!! I will have more detalis about the day when I get home.

Back away from the keyboad, check breathalyser, if ok, put key in hand, walk to car, get in, put key in ignition, start up Shelby, situate car in street, rev up to about 4500 rpm, make sure traction control is off, make sure cop not behind, dump clutch and stand on it, enjoy rush. :burnout:

Do not come back until the tank is empty, congratulations :cheerleader:

Terry 1234 you can take my name off of the list!!! I got the call from the dealer at about 10:30 this morning that my car had finally arrived. I left work at Noon to go see it. I stayed at the dealer long enough to ride with the tech when he did the detune. All I can say is......WOW!!!!!!! Well that's it for now as I have to get going to the dealer to sign the paperwork and bring the baby home!!! I will have more detalis about the day when I get home.

On behalf of the show me state SHOW THOSE PICS

CONGRATS!

Congratualtions !! :) on your purchase!!

First Post- Great stories and information from everyone !!! Look forward to joining the Shelby ranks !

My Shelby is enroute as we speak from Ohio to Miami since Saturday. I actually flew from MIAMI to Ohio this past Saturday to see the car (The car actually arrived on Thursday from Ford, no pictures), test drive the vehicle and perform the PDI at the dealership. Unfortuantely the dealership performed the PDI without me even though I requested to be there. The good news is I previously arranged for an enclosed carrier only two days before and luck would have it, the driver of the carrier was waiting for me at the dealership this past Saturday. I test drove the vehicle, (no boost) and drove the vehicle about 5 miles, then steered across the street from the dealer where the carrier was waiting. The ramps were out and everything ready to go. This was amazing. To many other details to share at this moment. All I can say is this has been extremely painful waiting for this red/white Shelby for the last 4-5 months and now another delay. I just spoke to the driver who has my Shelby in his enclosed Trailer. He is due to arrive sometime between 1:00 AND 1:30 AM today !!! I will keep you all posted.

Congratualtions !! :) on your purchase!!

First Post- Great stories and information from everyone !!! Look forward to joining the Shelby ranks !

My Shelby is enroute as we speak from Ohio to Miami since Saturday. I actually flew from MIAMI to Ohio this past Saturday to see the car (The car actually arrived on Thursday from Ford, no pictures), test drive the vehicle and perform the PDI at the dealership. Unfortuantely the dealership performed the PDI without me even though I requested to be there. The good news is I previously arranged for an enclosed carrier only two days before and luck would have it, the driver of the carrier was waiting for me at the dealership this past Saturday. I test drove the vehicle, (no boost) and drove the vehicle about 5 miles, then steered across the street from the dealer where the carrier was waiting. The ramps were out and everything ready to go. This was amazing. To many other details to share at this moment. All I can say is this has been extremely painful waiting for this red/white Shelby for the last 4-5 months and now another delay. I just spoke to the driver who has my Shelby in his enclosed Trailer. He is due to arrive sometime between 1:00 AND 1:30 AM today !!! I will keep you all posted.

Congratulations on yours as well, Cherry Picker! Enjoy it and post up some pics when you can. :rockon:

Well folks I just made it back home. The Shelby is safely tucked away in the garage!!! Oh boy what a day!!!! Today started out like all the last few days have.....Wonder where my Shelby is????? As I drove south on St.Rt. 23 I was coming up on the St. Rt. 30 exit in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. I looked over to the new Pilot gas station because a lot of trucks stop to park in their lot. I saw a car carrier parked under the canopy refueling. I could tell the carrier was loaded with Mustangs but I was too far past the exit ramp to get off. I thought about turning around and going back but the next exit is 5 miles away. Besides I figured my eyes were just playing games with my brain. Certainly my Shelby is not on that truck!!! So I went on to work!!! I was not at work for too long when my dealer calls me. He says "Scott, I have bad news! Ford just called and they said it is probably going to be at least another 4 to 6 weeks before your Shelby is delivered!!!!" I was instantly fired up!!! I opened up on him telling him that I had talked to Ralph yesterday and that Ralph said my car has no hold on it. In fact it never has had a hold on it. You tell me how this can be!!! He let go for a while before he said "Yea, Scott, I understand what you're saying, so why don't you just come down and pick up the car." I said, "WHAT?" He said, Just come on down and get the car." I said, "YOU SOB!!!!!" Man, he had me hook-line and sinker!!! Any how it was a very enjoyable day. I will try to post some pictures as soon as I get them in a format that I can post them.( I gave the dealer a disposable camera, so I have to put them on a disk before I can post.)

Well folks I just made it back home. The Shelby is safely tucked away in the garage!!! Oh boy what a day!!!! Today started out like all the last few days have.....Wonder where my Shelby is????? As I drove south on St.Rt. 23 I was coming up on the St. Rt. 30 exit in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. I looked over to the new Pilot gas station because a lot of trucks stop to park in their lot. I saw a car carrier parked under the canopy refueling. I could tell the carrier was loaded with Mustangs but I was too far past the exit ramp to get off. I thought about turning around and going back but the next exit is 5 miles away. Besides I figured my eyes were just playing games with my brain. Certainly my Shelby is not on that truck!!! So I went on to work!!! I was not at work for too long when my dealer calls me. He says "Scott, I have bad news! Ford just called and they said it is probably going to be at least another 4 to 6 weeks before your Shelby is delivered!!!!" I was instantly fired up!!! I opened up on him telling him that I had talked to Ralph yesterday and that Ralph said my car has no hold on it. In fact it never has had a hold on it. You tell me how this can be!!! He let go for a while before he said "Yea, Scott, I understand what you're saying, so why don't you just come down and pick up the car." I said, "WHAT?" He said, Just come on down and get the car." I said, "YOU SOB!!!!!" Man, he had me hook-line and sinker!!! Any how it was a very enjoyable day. I will try to post some pictures as soon as I get them in a format that I can post them.( I gave the dealer a disposable camera, so I have to put them on a disk before I can post.)

Great ending to that story. So take the day off tomorrow. It's Friday, go :shift: drive that new car. Call in Sick or use a comp day. Something. Enjoy your new rig. :speedie:

What color? Coupe or vert?

rmustgt:

What was your scheduled delivery date that Ford Customer Service would tell you? Our cars were built at about the same time!!!!!!!! You lucky SOB!!!!!!!

hsurb

Cobra Crazy.....Coupe, red with white stripes. Hsurb.....My build date was 10/9, estimated delivery was 10/26. Basically, it was a week late.

rmustgt:

I have a red coupe with white stripes due at the dealer 11-3-2006. Can't wait.java script:add_smilie(":tequila:","smid_84")

hsurb

Archived