TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"late availability" for '10 GT500 with HID

cbr1000

I'm new at this so when I called dealers back on January 31st, I didn't know what to expect. After I visited a dealer the same day and ordered a 2010 with a deposit, I still didn't know what to expect. The dealer had one allocation and had to check to see if they could change it or would have to order another one. They wanted to change their allocation, not order mine separately. I really didn't think you could get any 2010 model year car before August or September of '09, so I've been patient. Sometime in March they confirmed HID availability and changed my order. I got a copy of the DORA from them and finally realized it was going to happen. Then, when the dealer told me he didn't have a VIN even though there were no less than 15 posted here in various forums, I didn't worry too much. They've been good to me so far. Finally I got the VIN and now I have my window sticker and I'm even more psyched. I hope June 18th turns out to be true, but the more I wait, the more my monthly payment drops as I save more for the down payment. Since I never had a real expectation in the first place, I think the wait is going to make that first look at the car that much more sweeter. I've been enduring the comments about the much hated rear end by dreaming about how nice it will look in someone's windshield as I tap the gas a little. When I saw a '10 V6 model at a dealer, I actually liked the rear of it.

I just hope they take good care of it now that it's built and sitting somewhere in Michigan. Since it's a new model, I can hang with quality checks and improvements. Personally, I think that is why Ford isn't in the news as much as other car makers. I love my '06 GT.

...and on top of that, I joined Team Shelby, learned what a DORA is, got a copy of my window sticker thanks to the forum, learned about the build process, learned about dealer allocations, learned about the great people at the Romeo factory, heard some stories about dealers like the ones in Denver who still expect $10 to $15K over sticker for an '09 GT500, and generally enjoyed the wait.

But yeah, I hope the dream is a reality soon.

:lurk:

I'm new at this so when I called dealers back on January 31st, I didn't know what to expect. After I visited a dealer the same day and ordered a 2010 with a deposit, I still didn't know what to expect. The dealer had one allocation and had to check to see if they could change it or would have to order another one. They wanted to change their allocation, not order mine separately. I really didn't think you could get any 2010 model year car before August or September of '09, so I've been patient. Sometime in March they confirmed HID availability and changed my order. I got a copy of the DORA from them and finally realized it was going to happen. Then, when the dealer told me he didn't have a VIN even though there were no less than 15 posted here in various forums, I didn't worry too much. They've been good to me so far. Finally I got the VIN and now I have my window sticker and I'm even more psyched. I hope June 18th turns out to be true, but the more I wait, the more my monthly payment drops as I save more for the down payment. Since I never had a real expectation in the first place, I think the wait is going to make that first look at the car that much more sweeter. I've been enduring the comments about the much hated rear end by dreaming about how nice it will look in someone's windshield as I tap the gas a little. When I saw a '10 V6 model at a dealer, I actually liked the rear of it.

I just hope they take good care of it now that it's built and sitting somewhere in Michigan. Since it's a new model, I can hang with quality checks and improvements. Personally, I think that is why Ford isn't in the news as much as other car makers. I love my '06 GT.

...and on top of that, I joined Team Shelby, learned what a DORA is, got a copy of my window sticker thanks to the forum, learned about the build process, learned about dealer allocations, learned about the great people at the Romeo factory, heard some stories about dealers like the ones in Denver who still expect $10 to $15K over sticker for an '09 GT500, and generally enjoyed the wait.

But yeah, I hope the dream is a reality soon.

:lurk:

thanks for the well written/thoughtful note.Ive got a torch red w/silver ragtop coming--supposed to be built 6/03,but im figuring everything is delayed a month,so hoping for July

I know that they had a month long hold on the shelbys during the month of April so thats probably why you dont have a vin yet, they are technically a month behind but you should at least have a DORA from your dealer

What is a DORA?

What is a DORA?

Not sure what the acronym stands for. It's a pretty basic computer print out confirming the details of the order from what I've seen. Here's a really bad scan of a FAX of mine. You can't read anything but the $2K I put down and signatures. Anyone know what the acronym is?

dora-1.jpg

Not sure what the acronym stands for. It's a pretty basic computer print out confirming the details of the order from what I've seen. Here's a really bad scan of a FAX of mine. You can't read anything but the $2K I put down and signatures. Anyone know what the acronym is?

dora-1.jpg

Got my version of that DORA the day I ordered it, I think. Lot of good it did.

Me 3. How much you guys put down? 1k for me. Kona/Silver stripe and HIDS. They said on April 22 around 8 - 12 weeks. To date they still can't give me a VIN. See my post above.

I put down 5K for my Kona/Silver Convertible, HID's, NAV... Expecting delivery on June 18th, but did not buy it in NJ. All the dealers i tried to work with had the delusion that they could demand 5K OVER MSRP. Some others claimed all their allocations were gone. I CANNOT BELIEVE they wont/cant give you your VIN, hopefully they aren't yanking your chain.

Archived