TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"late availability" for '10 GT500 with HID

cbr1000

My local Dealer tells me that if I want HID on a '10 GT500 it won't be available until August. Is this what everyone else is hearing too? For those of you that have already ordered (or are a Dealer) when do you expect to take delivery of your car?

I ordered mine about a month ago with the HID's and I was told hopefully by May/June I should get the car but my dealer didnt know exactly when. He said he wouldnt have a good estimate until Job#1 which is slated for 2/26/09 now. I dont think the delay will be that long because it effects all 2010 mustangs but we will see come production day.

My dealer called me back last week and indicated that he had called a couple of connections within Ford and they truly did not know when the HID's would be available. I cannot understand how Ford would not have their suppliers lined up to meet Job 1 requirements.....I really like the looks of the HID's but the tempation to get the car in the March/April time frame is moving me back to the regular lights. Decisions .....decisions....

My dealer called me back last week and indicated that he had called a couple of connections within Ford and they truly did not know when the HID's would be available. I cannot understand how Ford would not have their suppliers lined up to meet Job 1 requirements.....I really like the looks of the HID's but the tempation to get the car in the March/April time frame is moving me back to the regular lights. Decisions .....decisions....

With the current crisis in the car industry, Ford's supplier could have gone under, laid off a bunch of people or maybe Ford owes them money and they won't start producing the lights until they see some payment. Don't forget about the effect on the smaller companies that supply car makers. Next time a part is backordered it may not be readily available because there is no one to make it... It's a sad sign of the times.

Don

With the current crisis in the car industry, Ford's supplier could have gone under, laid off a bunch of people or maybe Ford owes them money and they won't start producing the lights until they see some payment. Don't forget about the effect on the smaller companies that supply car makers. Next time a part is backordered it may not be readily available because there is no one to make it... It's a sad sign of the times.

Don

+1. Your post is right on.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Grabber for the update. Did you order yours with the HID lights? I thought about changing my order to the regular lights but just felt like they looked dated on the GT500. I ordered the Sterling Gray with black stripes and just felt like the HID lights looked better on that color combination. Keep working that birdy and keep us up to date.

OK, my dealer just called me and he said there was a commodity hold and that if I wanted them, it "could push delivery back months". I am scheduled for May so I said no. Maybe "months" is the timeframe that Grabber mentioned. I just don't want to wait and would look to change them out later. If anyone hears anything about an earlier date, please share.

• 2 months later...
That's what my dealer said too (around 8-10 weeks) back at the end of April when I ordered mine.

You're in NJ too. Got mine at Fette.

I ordered mine in mid April and they told me 8 to 12 weeks as well. Have you guys with April orders got a VIN yet????? Thanks.

I ordered mine in April, have a VIN, a window sticker (showing HID's) and the dealer already has the title from Ford for the vehicle...

ONLY THING MISSING is the :censored: CAR!

But it should be no more than a week or two now, which is what my dealer is indicating.

I ordered mine in April, have a VIN, a window sticker (showing HID's) and the dealer already has the title from Ford for the vehicle...

ONLY THING MISSING is the :censored: CAR!

But it should be no more than a week or two now, which is what my dealer is indicating.

Wow, am I getting screwed. Just talked to my dealer and he said all GT500s were on a material hold. No VIN at this time!!!!!

If you ordered in April, you should definitely have a VIN by now. I ordered in March and got mine in about two weeks.

That is incorrect! I orded two units in February.

Help Welcome Tom Glockner

of Santa Margarita Ford Home Vehicle Visibility

Track a Vehicle > Search by Dealer/FIN, Vehicle-Model, Order Number > Tracking details

Tracking Details

Dealer Code :

Status History

Vehicle Details

Trace History

2010 Mustang Shelby Gt500 Coupe - ORDER #9244

Printer-friendly version

Status History (Show Full Status History)

View Status Glossary

Current Status Show Full Table Status

Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time ETA

In Order Processing Unscheduled- Material Hold Feb-02-2009

Export to Excel

Spoke to my dealer today, and FORD posted my delivery date at end of day today, June 18th...

Not holding my breath just yet, but at least its progress, FORD actually updated SOMETHING in their computer systems...

Keep your fingers crossed, and I will keep everyone posted on progress.

If you ordered in April, you should definitely have a VIN by now. I ordered in March and got mine in about two weeks.

I know I should have a VIN (ordered mine on April 22), but my dealer is a complete numbnut and say's "Until it's built, there is no VIN". I can't believe this because they sell Parnelli Jones and Roush with several in the lot.

I'm ready to call them and escalate to the head moron.

Help!!!

Archived