TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT/SC goes 11.86 at 120.09........

Congratulations to my.......our friend Cudafly.......

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Timeslip-17596.html

Hey nice catch Wicked, Thanks! The car has been running great with this "cold" Florida weather.

You need to make it down to the 2009 Horsepower on the Horsefarm event. Only $189 round-trip on Jet Blue. Just tell your wife you are going for a drive. Two hour flight down, 4-5 hours at the show, 2 hour flight back. She'll never notice.

By the way, you can use that same link above to vote for the "Car of the Month" on Dragtimes.com. Just scroll to the bottom and click the "Vote Now" button. It would be the 1st SGT to make it...

Thanks again and see you in a couple of weeks.

Cool, now we know what Paxton power with 4:10's can do! Anyone know of any Whipple or KB posted times like this?

Edit - I voted for you Cuda; good luck!

Cuda, I will vote for you shortly. Just curious. Are you still running the stock lower end?

First of all thanks for all of the comments and votes... By the way, you are allowed to vote more than once but only once a day!

Yes I am still running the stock bottom end. Also the stock clutch, flywheel, transmission, and axels.

The car is currently at the hairy edge of what I would consider the "safe" limit of all those components. But it is running very strong and really reliable and consistent.

Before any more power adders are added (smaller SC pulley (more boost), bigger injectors and fuel lines/rails, etc,) I will need to put together a good mix of a short block with forged internals, ported heads, new valves, cam, new clutch, flywheel, tranny, axels.

For me I don't see this as a partial solution, to get into the low 11's or (better) 10's requires significantly more power/torque and all of the stock driveline components have to be replaced/upgraded.

I've seen other Mustang GT's that run faster but there is a lot of breakage. My goal is to keep the car a reliable daily driver that will last a long time and perform well at the track. I'm planning on about a year of pulling together the pieces and then a big bang upgrade. At this point I don't see any way to get significant improvements without a complete engine and driveline makeover.

Hey nice catch Wicked, Thanks! The car has been running great with this "cold" Florida weather.

You need to make it down to the 2009 Horsepower on the Horsefarm event. Only $189 round-trip on Jet Blue. Just tell your wife you are going for a drive. Two hour flight down, 4-5 hours at the show, 2 hour flight back. She'll never notice.

By the way, you can use that same link above to vote for the "Car of the Month" on Dragtimes.com. Just scroll to the bottom and click the "Vote Now" button. It would be the 1st SGT to make it...

Thanks again and see you in a couple of weeks.

Voted!

Two things I notice...

Paxton and Shelby! and....

Black '07 :drool: (proof of fastest color!)

Sweet ride

First of all thanks for all of the comments and votes... By the way, you are allowed to vote more than once but only once a day!

Yes I am still running the stock bottom end. Also the stock clutch, flywheel, transmission, and axels.

The car is currently at the hairy edge of what I would consider the "safe" limit of all those components. But it is running very strong and really reliable and consistent.

Before any more power adders are added (smaller SC pulley (more boost), bigger injectors and fuel lines/rails, etc,) I will need to put together a good mix of a short block with forged internals, ported heads, new valves, cam, new clutch, flywheel, tranny, axels.

For me I don't see this as a partial solution, to get into the low 11's or (better) 10's requires significantly more power/torque and all of the stock driveline components have to be replaced/upgraded.

I've seen other Mustang GT's that run faster but there is a lot of breakage. My goal is to keep the car a reliable daily driver that will last a long time and perform well at the track. I'm planning on about a year of pulling together the pieces and then a big bang upgrade. At this point I don't see any way to get significant improvements without a complete engine and driveline makeover.

just install one of these 427IRs or RXs and exchange the valve covers:)

Visit My Website

Archived