TEAM SHELBY FORUM

winter blues

bruces

Was in barn today, petted Shelbys, worked on them and just looked outside and wanted to cry, tons of snow minus 20 with wind!, you people in warm climates do not know what you are missing!, Well I guess I will change oil on SGT and 67 Shelby and make believe that it is summer,Bye for now Bruce

Was in barn today, petted Shelbys, worked on them and just looked outside and wanted to cry, tons of snow minus 20 with wind!, you people in warm climates do not know what you are missing!, Well I guess I will change oil on SGT and 67 Shelby and make believe that it is summer,Bye for now Bruce

Move South!!!!

Its cold here today, but the roads are DRY! I think it got down in the 30s this morning, but should be in the 50s this afternoon.

MM

I was able to take out my SGT last Saturday for a trip to the bank drive thru and home for about 6 miles. :happy feet: I was on city streets for most of my trip but did get 1 mile on a limited access road :shift: Up to 60 mph before my exit. Then back to the garage and under the cover :cry:

This weekend looks like a rain/snow storm so no more quickies, in the car that is. I'll be out in my 4x4 looking for that :censored: ground hog. :hysterical:

Hey Bruce,

Why don't you use the time to put on those shiny polished wheels for your SGT?

Jim

One thing that has made my inablility to drive during the winter a little better is that Tasca has had my car for a couple of weeks for the hood scoop replacement. I may be picking it up this Saturday, but I won't know until tomorrow at least.

With all the snow I have had this year my SGT would probably plow better than my ATV, my SGT is only fair weather car, I drive Jeeps or the x3 BMW in winter I just cannot bring myself to ruin car with all the SALT on the roads in WI, I hate winter!

Hey,.............we only got 4 more months of this, hang in there!!!

It looks like that :censored: ground hog will get a second chance this weekend. Our storm is heading south towards Vegas and Arizona. :happy feet:

This means I'll be able to take out my SGT to see just how much more HP I've gained by installing the Shelby Cobra power point plug yesterday. :hysterical:

Yea I know BUT dont you think this has been bad winter! where in WI are you I live in Waukesha WI Bruce

WAUKESHA!!!!!....................and your complaining about the winter!!!!!...........your in the warm part of the state :hysterical: I'm way up nort der eh! :cold:

Just could'nt stand it any longer took the day off from work the weather is 55 and beautiful so took the SGT out for a run and it is amazing how nice it is to go out on a country road and open her up... 100+ mph and all the stress from months of work just go away.....Love this cart!!!

It reached about 50 degrees here in CT today so it was a good excuse to take off the cover, fire up the SGT and pull it out of the garage for a little while. I haven't run it since December 1st, so it was great to hear it again. No chance to get out of first gear in the driveway...

Still a lot of snow on the ground and salt on the roads, so it will be another 6+ weeks before I can hit the road. :cry:

-yellow pony

I'm going to be driving mine home from RI next weekend, weather permitting! :happy feet: A nice, 2 hour cruise.... I know that I may have to run it thru the car wash upon arrival....

I'm going to be driving mine home from RI next weekend, weather permitting! :happy feet: A nice, 2 hour cruise.... I know that I may have to run it thru the car wash upon arrival....

Enjoy the drive!

Let me know how the new hood scoop comes out. I'm debating about getting mine fixed and also considering new stripes (mine have a lot of spots on them). The dealer I bought my car from went under so I'm looking for another place to get this work done.

-yellow pony

Yup, the old Shelby has not turned a wheel since early November. However, it has a nice winter home in a heated shop and gets tender loving care all winter. It is raining in eastern South Dakota today and the temperature is in the 40’s. But, this is not a good thing or a sign of spring. The crap will freeze and make the roads passable only by the courageous and certainly not in my precious Shelby Mustang. Yes, I know that I am crazy to live in this God forsaken country but I never have to worry about sitting in traffic and can drive for miles without meeting another car (or pickup).

Cursed ground hog :censored: The weekend storm that was supposed to go to Vegas checked out early and came in to northern Utah Saturday afternoon before I could finish my yard work and take out my SGT. I got so far as to uncover it and admire it :drool: for a few minutes before the rains came :cry:

Sunday I finished the yard work just before round 2 of the rain and then snow :banghead:

They are forecasting unsettled and snow every other day or so all week with another stom next weekend.

No Shelby ride for me again this weekend. It was back under the cover for 07SGT2940. :cry:

Last time I drove mine on the streets was Nov. 2, 2008.

I make it a point to start her on first weekend of each month for about 15 minutes. Just to run her up to temp and make sure everything gets oiled inside.

Good rain yesterday that washed the sand and salt off the roads and melted most of the remaining snow. But too much mud now to get here out of the shop. :cry:

More snow forcasted for the weekend.

Archived