TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake Duct & Driving Light Thread

I have been trying to install my brake duct bezels, but cannot get them to go in. The brake duct will fit in, but I can't manage to maneuver it in to get the fog light tube through. I cut them out just the way the template shows, and measured to confirm that it was to scale. Is there trick to get it in, or has everyone just been cutting the tabs that crucible mentioned?

08sgt1289

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been trying to install my brake duct bezels, but cannot get them to go in. The brake duct will fit in, but I can't manage to maneuver it in to get the fog light tube through. I cut them out just the way the template shows, and measured to confirm that it was to scale. Is there trick to get it in, or has everyone just been cutting the tabs that crucible mentioned?

08sgt1289

If they are the OLD STYLE, (not the new style with the pressed in honeycomb grill), they are a tight fit! I found you need to cut the holes slightly larger than the template shows, then tilt the bezel slightly, (top towards you), and push gently into place, seating the bottom of the bezel first, then the top. You can overdo the cutting! Just make sure you leave enough material for the rivets/bolt holes!

Sam

Archived