TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mopars at the Strip

86glhs76

http://www.moparsatthestrip.com/2007/home.shtml

It is that time again to be traveling to Vegas to go to the Mopar show in Shelbys back yard. I've attend a few. My GLHS is in Mopar Muscle mag, Jan 04 pg 76 in the dyno challenge. Then a couple years later I brought my 89 CSX to it. They have a nice compact drag race section for us so we can make a few bucks racing. Then I always drop by Shelby to take a look around. How many Teamshelby people plan to go? I am getting my dads 87 GLHS ready this year.

http://www.moparsatthestrip.com/2007/home.shtml

It is that time again to be traveling to Vegas to go to the Mopar show in Shelbys back yard. I've attend a few. My GLHS is in Mopar Muscle mag, Jan 04 pg 76 in the dyno challenge. Then a couple years later I brought my 89 CSX to it. They have a nice compact drag race section for us so we can make a few bucks racing. Then I always drop by Shelby to take a look around. How many Teamshelby people plan to go? I am getting my dads 87 GLHS ready this year.

I should be there in some old claptrap of mine...

Alan

Make sure it runs right this time!!!!! :doh:

Just kidding, Alan. Btw.....what caused the S to run poor at the Vegas bash?

Two spark plug wires pulled up 3/8ths (or less?) into the cap. At low cylinder pressures spark would jump the extra gap, add more than 4psi boost and the spark in those two cylinders would blow out :shrug: Sounded quite spectacular when the raw fuel from those cylinders would cook off in the hot external wastegate pipe.

Alan

Two spark plug wires pulled up 3/8ths (or less?) into the cap. At low cylinder pressures spark would jump the extra gap, add more than 4psi boost and the spark in those two cylinders would blow out :shrug: Sounded quite spectacular when the raw fuel from those cylinders would cook off in the hot external wastegate pipe.

Alan

I would have been pulling my hair out trying to find it. You below 4 psi :shift: You after :bike: Thinking about taking the Rampage?

I would have been pulling my hair out trying to find it. You below 4 psi :shift: You after :bike: Thinking about taking the Rampage?

Yep, entering the Rampage gets me 2X the track time B) Truck class and Sport compact class. Only sucks when they run the two classes back to back :whew: Real slicks this year instead of the DR's :peelout:

Alan

There were 5 or 6 Team Shelby members last year. I'm guessing the same amount of TS members will be there this year. Perhaps even more if we get the word out.

Steve

When I drove my CSX there I had SRT 4 wheels on it. I wanted to go buy a new Shelby hat while there and the parking lot was pretty full, so I had to circle twice. The second pass through 6 guys ran out of the building and chased the car to where I parked, then out of breath asked me if it was a "real one". As I laughed they said they had never seen one on the road and looked shocked. Pretty funny. There were 2 numbered Shelby's there that time, a Lancer and a 87 GLHS racing. Would like to see a few more this next time. Now that Teamshelby is here maybe that will get better. Is the museum open on the weekends? I would like to see it during the show as well.

Archived