TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelbey Backup Server

hey everyone enjoys a good joke now and then but this is a little mean. I'm sure the techs are working hard to restore service levels as soon as possible!

I myself was there just this past week with an offer to lend a hand but I soon saw the situation in VERY capable hands!

I took a picture of the work done to date! Just a few more connections and I'm confident all will be well again!

wrong4.jpg

See! It's plain to see they're almost done!

hey everyone enjoys a good joke now and then but this is a little mean. I'm sure the techs are working hard to restore service levels as soon as possible!

I myself was there just this past week with an offer to lend a hand but I soon saw the situation in VERY capable hands!

I took a picture of the work done to date! Just a few more connections and I'm confident all will be well again!

wrong4.jpg

See! It's plain to see they're almost done!

I think that red wire is in the wrong place....yeah, that one....no, wait!!!

It think this would be faster running on the ECU of a Shelby GLHS :hysterical:

Let's hope the new server happens quicker than the 2.9 Whipple :hide: ...m-u-u-u-u-u-c-h quicker ;)

I'm sure it's no simple task for some reasons I just don't comprehend, because we used to move whole business-location-sized workloads onto a new machine from an existing one in a day or two -- I'm talking many hundreds to a couple thousand concurrent users pounding industrial strength applications running on stacked OSs, hundreds of spindles of data, dozens of high-speed data lines -- on a saturday and then perform extensive application validaion and system stress-testing on sunday before turning it over for flawless full-production the next morning! I guess I just don't understand 'cause I'm sure they're doing their level best.

It's almost like these forums are being managed as a cost-center (necessary evil) instead of a profit center (business asset). Newsbrief: these forums are *the* primary audience for SAI sales. Nuf said. If this were managed as a profit center there'd be a audited and live-validated disaster recovery plan in place and such a switch-over should take no more than a long day if not much quicker via a hot stand-by. Cost-center vs profit-center -- it's a business decision.

Sorry to sound critical but such delays are incomprehensible to me in a professional context. It's as if these forums are not important to Shelby Autos, Inc. The first cutover was a total disaster and it's as if nothing was learned, no precedures were baked, no follow-up or post-mortem review were done. Maybe it just seems that way; maybe this time will catalyze a deep learning cycle ...maybe last time was thought to be a one-time thing. Professionals simply should know better, sorry.

Hope it's up and runing soon -- it would be a shame for these problems to hurt SAI's business. Let;s hope much is learned from this second fiasco. Still, I bet the new server is up before the 2.9 Whipple! :hysterical:

Let's hope the new server happens quicker than the 2.9 Whipple :hide: ...m-u-u-u-u-u-c-h quicker ;)

I'm sure it's no simple task for some reasons I just don't comprehend, because we used to move whole business-location-sized workloads onto a new machine from an existing one in a day or two -- I'm talking many hundreds to a couple thousand concurrent users pounding industrial strength applications running on stacked OSs, hundreds of spindles of data, dozens of high-speed data lines -- on a saturday and then perform extensive application validaion and system stress-testing on sunday before turning it over for flawless full-production the next morning! I guess I just don't understand 'cause I'm sure they're doing their level best.

It's almost like these forums are being managed as a cost-center (necessary evil) instead of a profit center (business asset). Newsbrief: these forums are *the* primary audience for SAI sales. Nuf said. If this were managed as a profit center there'd be a audited and live-validated disaster recovery plan in place and such a switch-over should take no more than a long day if not much quicker via a hot stand-by. Cost-center vs profit-center -- it's a business decision.

Sorry to sound critical but such delays are incomprehensible to me in a professional context. It's as if these forums are not important to Shelby Autos, Inc. The first cutover was a total disaster and it's as if nothing was learned, no precedures were baked, no follow-up or post-mortem review were done. Maybe it just seems that way; maybe this time will catalyze a deep learning cycle ...maybe last time was thought to be a one-time thing. Professionals simply should know better, sorry.

Hope it's up and runing soon -- it would be a shame for these problems to hurt SAI's business. Let;s hope much is learned from this second fiasco. Still, I bet the new server is up before the 2.9 Whipple! :hysterical:

+1

In my business area this would definately fall into the third string category. :stirpot:

+1, maybe SAI had a budget cut and this is all we get :cry:

Boy.....................you guys are tough on a guy!

But those pictures are funny!

Archived