TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barry's GT 500 has arrived

requis

• 3 weeks later...

Well its been one of those weeks...two steps back on the Shelby front...First the new Razors don't fit...not even a little...then I'm advised by American Racing that the Twenty Inch Wheel that others seem to be using won't work on the Shelby under performance driving. Sure they'll look pretty but don't go booting around on them...not quite sure what to make out on this one...seemed like a relative easy and simply mod process... :drop:

Then I go in for my first oil change today...and report on the shaking trembling of the vehicle from first to second..turns out its a more serious problem...driving a Taurus now...just not the same....I'll let everyone know how this turns out.

Hey Paul (Kaylan) I wasn't sure if you had worked with Garry at all at Donway. He is fantastic...took me out in a Supercharged Focus to kill some time...and what a hoot he can drive! showed me a couple of things or two on a make shift circuit for testing the cars it was a blast!

Cheers,

Barry

GREAT STORY ....please keep'em coming as some of us currently have snow heheheh.

Do you have your car Larry?

Barry

....WOW....Shelby's back in the Gararge..forgot how much I missed the Whine...and no more shudder on the exchange from first to second....good as new!!...(uh hum Knock on wood).

Pulled in for gas and an older gentleman came over to talk to me (late 60's 70's)...asked me "what year is your Shelby"

..I said 2007...but she's kinda dirty...

"WOW nice car..use to have a 68 he says...smiles at me and says have fun"

"ohh do you know how to heel toe he says as he's walking away..."

"...I'm about to lie my ass off and say oh yah..but I smile back and yell not yet"

He laughs and says "get busy thats the fun part...have a safe night".

I guess May can't get here soon enough..Racing School here I come!

Cheers,

Requis

Well its been one of those weeks...two steps back on the Shelby front...First the new Razors don't fit...not even a little...then I'm advised by American Racing that the Twenty Inch Wheel that others seem to be using won't work on the Shelby under performance driving. Sure they'll look pretty but don't go booting around on them...not quite sure what to make out on this one...seemed like a relative easy and simply mod process... :drop:

Then I go in for my first oil change today...and report on the shaking trembling of the vehicle from first to second..turns out its a more serious problem...driving a Taurus now...just not the same....I'll let everyone know how this turns out.

Hey Paul (Kaylan) I wasn't sure if you had worked with Garry at all at Donway. He is fantastic...took me out in a Supercharged Focus to kill some time...and what a hoot he can drive! showed me a couple of things or two on a make shift circuit for testing the cars it was a blast!

Cheers,

Barry

Do you have your car Larry?

Barry

Hello, can you tell us what the problem was between first and second gear?

Thanks,

Blayne

Hello, can you tell us what the problem was between first and second gear?

Thanks,

Blayne

Absolutely,

When getting to a certain RPM the whole car would at first just vibrate when shifting from First to second. Which was becoming more pronounced as you got on it to the point where the Shelby would Shudder. No vibrations in the higher speeds. I initially thought it was just clutch chatter that was being talked about...but as it turned out my drive Shaft was euchered.

Does that Help?

Cheers,

Requis

Archived