TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barry's GT 500 has arrived

requis

Wow,

Wasn't sure I'd be saying these words but I got the call from Larry and drove down right away to see the Shelby I never expected to get the call but I almost fell out of my seat at work, and literally ran out the door.

Larry let me drive to the nearest Sunoco to fill her up and what a blast...Awesome!!! heads turning, and a thumbs up from an undercover OPP as he first sat behind me then pulled up beside us. Larry laughed at me when I said this is awesome...wait till the Supercharger kicks in when you take her home...then you'll have something to smile about.

Pick her up tomorrow!! I'll post PICS as soon as I can get em on here!!

Dave and Paul if you guys aren't too busy Saturday want to meet at Hooters in Brampton for Lunch, beers and Lunch on me?

What a photo opp, Red, White, and Blue!! sort of a comemoration to all the guys and Gals at Flatrock!

Stay Tuned...houston the eagle has landed...and whehew...

Barry

congrats, I'm always happy to hear about more Ford muscle on the road in Canada. If you make it up to Ottawa, drop a line to johnnyvax or myself, we can catch the weekly meeting of the local mustang club, or even try and get time up at the new track in Calabogie. Johnnyvax should be getting his GT500 sometime in December or January and I now have my 281E. Be a good chance to compare the E to the GT500 ;)

congrats, I'm always happy to hear about more Ford muscle on the road in Canada. If you make it up to Ottawa, drop a line to johnnyvax or myself, we can catch the weekly meeting of the local mustang club, or even try and get time up at the new track in Calabogie. Johnnyvax should be getting his GT500 sometime in December or January and I now have my 281E. Be a good chance to compare the E to the GT500 ;)

Great news ----- ENJOY!!!!!

:happy feet:

Wow,

Wasn't sure I'd be saying these words but I got the call from Larry and drove down right away to see the Shelby I never expected to get the call but I almost fell out of my seat at work, and literally ran out the door.

Larry let me drive to the nearest Sunoco to fill her up and what a blast...Awesome!!! heads turning, and a thumbs up from an undercover OPP as he first sat behind me then pulled up beside us. Larry laughed at me when I said this is awesome...wait till the Supercharger kicks in when you take her home...then you'll have something to smile about.

Dave and Paul if you guys aren't too busy Saturday want to meet at Hooters in Brampton for Lunch, beers and Lunch on me?

What a photo opp, Red, White, and Blue!! sort of a comemoration to all the guys and Gals at Flatrock!

Barry

Barry, lets see how things work out and how the weather looks for Saturday. I maybe able to meet you at Hooters. Can`t wait to see your new ride. I`m thinking of taking her in for an oil change and putting her away for the season so one last ride would be great.

Wow,

Barry

Congratulations Barry!

Nothing was worse than waiting.

At least you guys may have another shot at Hooters.....

They're already starting to spray the roads with calcium up here as of last week.

Mine won't be going too far now. :-(

Enjoy it she's a blast!!

Thanks for all the support Guys!!

I really appreciate all the well wishes...and I look forward to meeting you all and sharing stories this summer. Of the two days I have had the vehicle I am absolutely beside myself with excitement, and anxiety its truly a dream come true. I already have spin out stories, police stories, and onlooker stories that make me laugh every time I think about driving the Shelby...My wife has the camera and the Cam corder and as soon as I can get out of my garage long enough to think about grabbing them I'll post them up.

I also have concerns about the vehicle (Wheel Hop) as I can't seem to get the back end to sit down and behave. I've had to practise a significant amount of restraint, as the vehicle is posessed it just ALWAYS wants to go faster....or is that just me!! :shift:

Can you get busted for intent to go fast :)

I'm not even sure where to start...so I'll compose my thoughts later this weekend and post some questions when I get a chance!

Cheers,

Requis

Awsome Barry ! I'm real happy for you . It's been a long wait , I bet you will find it difficult to sleep tonight . Enjoy your day tommarrow.

We talked about you and your car and the Pictures at Cayuga practically the whole way to Sunoco. I'm not that caliber of a driver to say the least but I am deffinitely willing to be taught how to drive this beast.

I found out what everyone meant when you notice the Supercharger kick in....ahhh holy :censored: Surprised me and my wife...she was behind me with the kids, i was coming onto the DVP and then.....rocket fuel......I was gone......the grin on my face must have been huge!!! either that or it was me Screaming I couldn't tell I had Mary Blige Family affair at over half volume...ohh did I mention I've been pulled over twice...no tickets yet...but a really stern warning from a female OPP officer... as she laughed back to her cruiser...more on that later.

Is it normal to get a sort of strong vibration in the shifter middle end of First, middle Second...not necessarily being hard or soft either way its just there..feels like something is wrong..felt that way from the lot when I left..just not sure what it is?? Is that clutch chatter??

There really isn't any rough idle to speak of not sure how you could stall this puppy as it pretty much just drives itself...

Thoughts?

Barry

PS: Garry was right the car wants to be opened up and it was made for it...no red lines yet...4k and 5K but whoa boy it just wants to go more...what a blast!

Absolutely!!!

I am in Ottawa all the time...my two buddies (all with Z06's) are in Ottawa, and will be renting the Track in Late July (last Saturday) for the day...not sure which track but they indicated they are getting it for the day...I don't have all the info on it but I'll ask what they meant. In any case the plan is to have some fun not to hard on the cars etc. and to Play some cards.

I'll deffinitely keep you posted!

Barry

We talked about you and your car and the Pictures at Cayuga practically the whole way to Sunoco. I'm not that caliber of a driver to say the least but I am deffinitely willing to be taught how to drive this beast.

I found out what everyone meant when you notice the Supercharger kick in....ahhh holy :censored: Surprised me and my wife...she was behind me with the kids, i was coming onto the DVP and then.....rocket fuel......I was gone......the grin on my face must have been huge!!! either that or it was me Screaming I couldn't tell I had Mary Blige Family affair at over half volume...ohh did I mention I've been pulled over twice...no tickets yet...but a really stern warning from a female OPP officer... as she laughed back to her cruiser...more on that later.

Is it normal to get a sort of strong vibration in the shifter middle end of First, middle Second...not necessarily being hard or soft either way its just there..feels like something is wrong..felt that way from the lot when I left..just not sure what it is?? Is that clutch chatter??

There really isn't any rough idle to speak of not sure how you could stall this puppy as it pretty much just drives itself...

Thoughts?

Barry

PS: Garry was right the car wants to be opened up and it was made for it...no red lines yet...4k and 5K but whoa boy it just wants to go more...what a blast!

Absolutely!!!

I am in Ottawa all the time...my two buddies (all with Z06's) are in Ottawa, and will be renting the Track in Late July (last Saturday) for the day...not sure which track but they indicated they are getting it for the day...I don't have all the info on it but I'll ask what they meant. In any case the plan is to have some fun not to hard on the cars etc. and to Play some cards.

I'll deffinitely keep you posted!

Barry

Hi Barry

I know exactly what you're talking about......

Remember driving mine home the day I picked up it up, I was trying to get a hold of 07 Shelby for a meet. I stopped on the side of the 407 to get my cellphone charger out of the trunk.

As I merged back off the shoulder into traffic (4:30 P.M.) I just kept looking out for traffic and merging back into the flow, by the time I got into the left lane and looked down at the speedo WTF!??

I was doing triple digits in the MPH scale!!! I was not even trying....... Yikes!?!

I find its a lot more work holding her back then letting her go, the power just rolls on nice and smooth and then if you want to lash out, well just hang on TCS or not!!

I did experience the clutch chatter at the start but I think it is a question of time to get accustomed to driving it. Also the "Hissing" sound at clutch take up but it's almost imperceptible. But I cannot say I had the vibration issues in first or second gear at any throttle input level??

One of the things I like about this car is the sound of it at at cold start. Maybe I hear more as it's a vert, but when I get in it in the garage and start it for the first time of the day I can't describe it.

But it sure makes you feel good..... :happy feet:

Congrats again!!

Hey Barry, I stopped by yesterday afternoon to pick up my window louvers and saw your ride. Looks great. Did you pick up the R/C and diecast?

I waited around until about 4:10 to see if you'd show up. Nevertheless...Congrats

I was in a Training Workshop and couldn't leave, Bummer to have missed you. Let me know what your calender looks like to hook up. Deffinitely want the cars..couldn't right then and there my wife was looking...and I just bought the new wheels and Tires Amy mentioned...Tire Rack is awesome...they were over 75% cheaper than any Tire place.

Did you see Marks car...Black convertable...nice Machine!

Barry

SO True...a Silver Viper passed me on the 400 and did a scuba OK as he passed me...I signaled back and let her rip...good fun...followed him to hwy 27 nothing to break neck but certainly over :)

Dinged my Mirror putting her back in the Garage...tonight...my wife said need some wine...uh huh...SOB sniff.. good thing I have two coming on ebay for paint, I also bought the covers which seem to wrap right around the part I scratched...so I may yet be good to go :)

Barry

Hi Barry

I know exactly what you're talking about......

Remember driving mine home the day I picked up it up, I was trying to get a hold of 07 Shelby for a meet. I stopped on the side of the 407 to get my cellphone charger out of the trunk.

As I merged back off the shoulder into traffic (4:30 P.M.) I just kept looking out for traffic and merging back into the flow, by the time I got into the left lane and looked down at the speedo WTF!??

I was doing triple digits in the MPH scale!!! I was not even trying....... Yikes!?!

I find its a lot more work holding her back then letting her go, the power just rolls on nice and smooth and then if you want to lash out, well just hang on TCS or not!!

I did experience the clutch chatter at the start but I think it is a question of time to get accustomed to driving it. Also the "Hissing" sound at clutch take up but it's almost imperceptible. But I cannot say I had the vibration issues in first or second gear at any throttle input level??

One of the things I like about this car is the sound of it at at cold start. Maybe I hear more as it's a vert, but when I get in it in the garage and start it for the first time of the day I can't describe it.

But it sure makes you feel good..... :happy feet:

Congrats again!!

So I'm booting around O7 Shelby's neck of the woods (barrie) and I stop in at the Sunoco just before Bayfield rd. And everyone is gawking at the car, I mistakenly pull into the full serve area...hmm none of those here locally...anyways he 3/4 fills my tank as he's talking to me and a guy in a pick-up comes over an says what a shame that you didn't actually buy a Shelby...I smile back and Bite..."It is a real Shelby"....no its not they aren't available yet he snickers...okay I respond what ever... As I'm pulling out I take off the traction control...and 360 in front of the Sunoco, get back heading east and drop it into third...just a little smoke...(I guess its too cold) My father in law laughed and said the guys face lit up....I couldn't see as I was way too busy trying to keep it off a post but good fun none the less. Pull back onto the 400 and get off a Bayfield RD (why in gods creation are there so many cars on this off ramp) Another Pick up truck (not the same Guy) pulls over on the 400 as I am sitting in Traffic right at the base of the ramp still almost on the hwy. Gets our and runs over to the passenger window..and leans in "Nice car. I just got Mine Wednesday" I Laugh and smile Back just got mine thursday...why aren't you driving yours my father in law chimes in...Just on my way home to get out on the Rd. I got Roberts card and let him know of the Forum so he should be on Soon!

Still have a tonne of stories...wow this car draws attention!

Cheers,

Barry

So I'm booting around O7 Shelby's neck of the woods (barrie) and I stop in at the Sunoco just before Bayfield rd. And everyone is gawking at the car, I mistakenly pull into the full serve area...hmm none of those here locally...anyways he 3/4 fills my tank as he's talking to me and a guy in a pick-up comes over an says what a shame that you didn't actually buy a Shelby...I smile back and Bite..."It is a real Shelby"....no its not they aren't available yet he snickers...okay I respond what ever... As I'm pulling out I take off the traction control...and 360 in front of the Sunoco, get back heading east and drop it into third...just a little smoke...(I guess its too cold) My father in law laughed and said the guys face lit up....I couldn't see as I was way too busy trying to keep it off a post but good fun none the less. Pull back onto the 400 and get off a Bayfield RD (why in gods creation are there so many cars on this off ramp) Another Pick up truck (not the same Guy) pulls over on the 400 as I am sitting in Traffic right at the base of the ramp still almost on the hwy. Gets our and runs over to the passenger window..and leans in "Nice car. I just got Mine Wednesday" I Laugh and smile Back just got mine thursday...why aren't you driving yours my father in law chimes in...Just on my way home to get out on the Rd. I got Roberts card and let him know of the Forum so he should be on Soon!

Still have a tonne of stories...wow this car draws attention!

Cheers,

Barry

Excellent story(s) Barry! I hope you didn't go too far north of Bayfield Street. You'd have found yourself in almost a foot of snow!

Dave.

Congrats again!!

Thank and Ditto!

Haven't heard the hiss yet...hmm I do get some serious vibrations through the Shifter going into Second...not sure what that is. I'm also a big fan of the Garage Cold Start...I've got a small one (and the noise from the exhaust just reverberates awesome!

Barry

GREAT STORY ....please keep'em coming as some of us currently have snow heheheh.

...uggh hate that word...just one....one more day :)

Okay first law enforcement story I've been dropping by everyone I know to say hi and to sheepishly say :yahoo: I got my ride..only because anyone who knows me is always asking "did you get your car yet" So instead of saying yup. I show up at their front door and say want to go for a spin...Anyways I'm alone and heading for home...and I hit this very quiet intersection I get a green before I reach the intersection see that there is absolutely no traffic and :ohsnap: that if I get into trouble I should be able to recover without too many issues...wrong...take corner at 90 and back end comes right out. :o ...get it back but i'm kinda side ways still no cars...either way ..pheweff get back in my lane (one lane) and....flashing lights from a side street I didn't see..uhhh oops. A very nice female OPP officer gets out and kindly asks for my paperwork...I say in my best Joey tribiane "How yooou doingg" she smiles....and walks back to her cruiser. I'm trying to figure out what I've done or what she has me for...I sit tight....she comes back and asks if I know why she pulled me over...I say well my new Shelby here is taking some getting use to and I didn't realize the corner was so sharp..which when I over corrected my back end came out. She asked if I had been drinking I said no way not in my new car, she laughs..here you go hands me my paperwork and says be careful on the corners have a nice night and beautiful car... :drop:

Cheers,

Requis

Weathers plus 6 Tomorrow...that ther good driving weather.

I heard it snowed, I asked my folks what it looked like and they said clear, and cold...sounded okay to head up.

great driving weather!, allthough the tires I don't think ever get warmed up...as they get loose pretty easy..have you put yours away yet?

Barry

...uggh hate that word...just one....one more day :)

Okay first law enforcement story I've been dropping by everyone I know to say hi and to sheepishly say :yahoo: I got my ride..only because anyone who knows me is always asking "did you get your car yet" So instead of saying yup. I show up at their front door and say want to go for a spin...Anyways I'm alone and heading for home...and I hit this very quiet intersection I get a green before I reach the intersection see that there is absolutely no traffic and :ohsnap: that if I get into trouble I should be able to recover without too many issues...wrong...take corner at 90 and back end comes right out. :o ...get it back but i'm kinda side ways still no cars...either way ..pheweff get back in my lane (one lane) and....flashing lights from a side street I didn't see..uhhh oops. A very nice female OPP officer gets out and kindly asks for my paperwork...I say in my best Joey tribiane "How yooou doingg" she smiles....and walks back to her cruiser. I'm trying to figure out what I've done or what she has me for...I sit tight....she comes back and asks if I know why she pulled me over...I say well my new Shelby here is taking some getting use to and I didn't realize the corner was so sharp..which when I over corrected my back end came out. She asked if I had been drinking I said no way not in my new car, she laughs..here you go hands me my paperwork and says be careful on the corners have a nice night and beautiful car... :drop:

Cheers,

Requis

Weathers plus 6 Tomorrow...that ther good driving weather.

Great story. Ruf has a thread for this but no biters today.

I heard it snowed, I asked my folks what it looked like and they said clear, and cold...sounded okay to head up.

great driving weather!, allthough the tires I don't think ever get warmed up...as they get loose pretty easy..have you put yours away yet?

Barry

Careful withat axe Eugene!

I find that anything under 10 degrees C and those tires don't seem to stick right at all. A week ago last Thursday (last day prior to calcium) I had mine out to go look at a Ford GT that at our local Ford dealer. As I was leaving I pulled out of the lot onto the main boulevard and all I got was wheel spin and hop at about 5/6C temp. I was not trying either, just wanted to merge into traffic.

So I have NO doubt that at night in colder weather you would have been performing stunts for the local law enforcement!!

Never mind Joey Tribione, try this one on the next female OPP officer you run across: You know officer, those pants don't do anything for you. (It might work for you, mind you I did not get too far with it.)

What I say? No sense a humour ya know!?!

My only run in with the cops to date was the Sunday on this past Thanksgiving weekend at about 10:00A.M.

I took a run to the office to pick up stuff as I was heading out of town next day, and took a less used secondary road instead of the main road. As I pulled away from a Stop sign I round a corner at a whopping 35 Kilo's an hour, I had just slid into second. A pair of local cops in a cruiser comes the other way. Both their heads turn to look at the car like they were connected to each other or something!

Just as I pass them the opposite way they spin the car around (or try to) and just about throw that big 'ole Crown Vic into the ditch. As I watch in the mirror, they brake hard to stop the car from nose diving and end up crossed up 90 degrees on the road. I think to myself they can't be after me, what did I do? They must have got a call or something to make an attempt to ruin tax dollars with that performance!

Anyway as they pass out my site in the mirror on the curve, I continue on at a relatively slow pace and expect them to come charging past me on the way to save some coffee or leftover turkey from a fate worse than death or something. But no, sure enough they shoot up behind me at a brisk pace and throw on all the lights....... WTF is this I think!?!

So pull over and guess what, it's the lack of a front plate! So I gave 'em the story about how I had the car for a while sure yes I know there's no plate it is in the trunk, but look the front of this car it's so pretty I am or was buying a bracket (I forget). After a few minutes the two guys are all over the thing how fast, how much HP, where did you get, how fast have you had it up to?

(You really want me to answer that?)

20 minutes later: Cool, have fun with it, have a great day, no warning no nothing. Be safe officers I say.

I have no doubt this car has been discussed by the boys in blue all over town at this point.....

I think I am going to take the Crown Attorney for a ride this spring, before the season starts.

It might help (Yeah Right!)

Careful withat axe Eugene!

I find that anything under 10 degrees C and those tires don't seem to stick right at all. A week ago last Thursday (last day prior to calcium) I had mine out to go look at a Ford GT that at our local Ford dealer. As I was leaving I pulled out of the lot onto the main boulevard and all I got was wheel spin and hop at about 5/6C temp. I was not trying either, just wanted to merge into traffic.

So I have NO doubt that at night in colder weather you would have been performing stunts for the local law enforcement!!

Never mind Joey Tribione, try this one on the next female OPP officer you run across: You know officer, those pants don't do anything for you. (It might work for you, mind you I did not get too far with it.)

What I say? No sense a humour ya know!?!

My only run in with the cops to date was the Sunday on this past Thanksgiving weekend at about 10:00A.M.

I took a run to the office to pick up stuff as I was heading out of town next day, and took a less used secondary road instead of the main road. As I pulled away from a Stop sign I round a corner at a whopping 35 Kilo's an hour, I had just slid into second. A pair of local cops in a cruiser comes the other way. Both their heads turn to look at the car like they were connected to each other or something!

Just as I pass them the opposite way they spin the car around (or try to) and just about throw that big 'ole Crown Vic into the ditch. As I watch in the mirror, they brake hard to stop the car from nose diving and end up crossed up 90 degrees on the road. I think to myself they can't be after me, what did I do? They must have got a call or something to make an attempt to ruin tax dollars with that performance!

Anyway as they pass out my site in the mirror on the curve, I continue on at a relatively slow pace and expect them to come charging past me on the way to save some coffee or leftover turkey from a fate worse than death or something. But no, sure enough they shoot up behind me at a brisk pace and throw on all the lights....... WTF is this I think!?!

So pull over and guess what, it's the lack of a front plate! So I gave 'em the story about how I had the car for a while sure yes I know there's no plate it is in the trunk, but look the front of this car it's so pretty I am or was buying a bracket (I forget). After a few minutes the two guys are all over the thing how fast, how much HP, where did you get, how fast have you had it up to?

(You really want me to answer that?)

20 minutes later: Cool, have fun with it, have a great day, no warning no nothing. Be safe officers I say.

I have no doubt this car has been discussed by the boys in blue all over town at this point.....

I think I am going to take the Crown Attorney for a ride this spring, before the season starts.

It might help (Yeah Right!)

:hysterical: Great Story!

I may stay clear of the pants one..that sounds dangerous :) or save it for the crown attorney...hmmm On second thought...maybe not.

Agree with you on the Tempature...the wheels just won't stick, interestingly I've been pulled over twice now and neither have looked at the front of the car. Just lucky I guess given the attention the car raises its only a matter of time... Second law enforcement story coming up...

Barry

So to the theme of On the Second day of Christmas...

On the Second day of owning a Shelby... driving south on the 410 from picking up my Ipod and this guy in a pick up comes screaming up behind me maybe two feet off my bumper...I figure I must have blown past him and upset him or something so I get out of the fast lane and drop my speed (playing with the radio at this point). He follows me over....Okay I pull out in the outside lane and slow down to 100KM and he follows me over...keeping in mind he's sitting on my bumper...I'm just about to burry it and head back in the passing lane when I see Lights flashing in my side mirror...OPP pulls us both over...I sit in the car thinking ummm is he after me thinking the worst... Pickup driver (Joe) gets out as the officer approachs his truck, I just roll my window down and sit in the car waiting to hear what joe is saying...this it where it gets funny...

OPP officer "What are you doing following so close"

Joe "Do you know what car that is"

OPP officer "what?"

Joe "Thats the brand new 2007 GT 500 Shelby Cobra"

OPP Officer "Its a mustang?"

Joe "Thats not just any mustang thats 500 HP factory direct designed by Carrol Shelby"

At this point after over hearing the conversation and my Huge Grin I get out and walk toward them at the side of my car as they are walking toward me.

Joe "Tell me its a real Shelby"

Barry "Just got it thursday"

OPP Officer "one way to tell can you pop the hood please"

Barry "uhh okay"

(as a Second cruiser shows up)

Open door pop hood. walk to front and fiddle with the lift latch and worrying about (YUP lack of Front Plate)

OPP officer "that a supercharger"

Barry and Joe "yes"

Joe "Its a Shelby for sure!"

walking up the passenger sides

OPP Officer 2 "Is this the new Sheby"

OPP Officer 1 " Looks like it has a supercharger"

OPP Officer 2 "I heard you couldn't get these till the summer"

Joe "He just got it Thursday"

OPP Officer 1 "Can you start it up for a second"

Barry "okay"

Barry (Close Hood) and Joe walk back to drivers side both OPP go to back of car talking (Couldn't hear Joe was introducing himself to me, and I was shaking his hand as I was sitting down)

Turn Key and step into it a little... walk to back following Joe

OPP Officer 1 "Nice car"

OPP Officer 2 " I guess we'll be seeing you again (no Smile Dead pan)

OPP Officer 1 " Pulled them both over thought there was something going on between them the truck was sitting on his bumper"

Joe " I was trying to see if he would get on it"

Barry "Smiling I was about to till I saw your lights pointing to OPP 1"

Joe "I'm on a waiting list to get one, and when I saw his I thought WOW"

There's more but you get the Gist, I gave Joe my email address and I told him of the forum, he said he's not on the net alot but would check it out.

Barry

So to the theme of On the Second day of Christmas...

On the Second day of owning a Shelby... driving south on the 410 from picking up my Ipod and this guy in a pick up comes screaming up behind me maybe two feet off my bumper...I figure I must have blown past him and upset him or something so I get out of the fast lane and drop my speed (playing with the radio at this point). He follows me over....Okay I pull out in the outside lane and slow down to 100KM and he follows me over...keeping in mind he's sitting on my bumper...I'm just about to burry it and head back in the passing lane when I see Lights flashing in my side mirror...OPP pulls us both over...I sit in the car thinking ummm is he after me thinking the worst... Pickup driver (Joe) gets out as the officer approachs his truck, I just roll my window down and sit in the car waiting to hear what joe is saying...this it where it gets funny...

OPP officer "What are you doing following so close"

Joe "Do you know what car that is"

OPP officer "what?"

Joe "Thats the brand new 2007 GT 500 Shelby Cobra"

OPP Officer "Its a mustang?"

Joe "Thats not just any mustang thats 500 HP factory direct designed by Carrol Shelby"

At this point after over hearing the conversation and my Huge Grin I get out and walk toward them at the side of my car as they are walking toward me.

Joe "Tell me its a real Shelby"

Barry "Just got it thursday"

OPP Officer "one way to tell can you pop the hood please"

Barry "uhh okay"

(as a Second cruiser shows up)

Open door pop hood. walk to front and fiddle with the lift latch and worrying about (YUP lack of Front Plate)

OPP officer "that a supercharger"

Barry and Joe "yes"

Joe "Its a Shelby for sure!"

walking up the passenger sides

OPP Officer 2 "Is this the new Sheby"

OPP Officer 1 " Looks like it has a supercharger"

OPP Officer 2 "I heard you couldn't get these till the summer"

Joe "He just got it Thursday"

OPP Officer 1 "Can you start it up for a second"

Barry "okay"

Barry (Close Hood) and Joe walk back to drivers side both OPP go to back of car talking (Couldn't hear Joe was introducing himself to me, and I was shaking his hand as I was sitting down)

Turn Key and step into it a little... walk to back following Joe

OPP Officer 1 "Nice car"

OPP Officer 2 " I guess we'll be seeing you again (no Smile Dead pan)

OPP Officer 1 " Pulled them both over thought there was something going on between them the truck was sitting on his bumper"

Joe " I was trying to see if he would get on it"

Barry "Smiling I was about to till I saw your lights pointing to OPP 1"

Joe "I'm on a waiting list to get one, and when I saw his I thought WOW"

There's more but you get the Gist, I gave Joe my email address and I told him of the forum, he said he's not on the net alot but would check it out.

Barry

Whoa! Too scary... A little too fanatical for my taste

I think I might have been gone on that one, good thing the OPP showed up.

Sometimes I think they teach these guys/gals to lose their sense of humour in Cop school. ( I guess we'll be seeing you again?) WTF?

Like the first weekend I had mine here in town...

I was sitting at a light in the left hand turning lane. A Yellow Ford Ranger (Edge edition) turns across me going in the opposite direction. The passenger notices my car and just about jumps across the driver to look out the drivers window...... I thought the guy was gonna force the driver to throw it into the median!?!

Gotta get away from those guys!

Be safe down there Barry that place is haywire......

Sometimes I think they teach these guys/gals to lose their sense of humour in Cop school. ( I guess we'll be seeing you again?) WTF?

I was sitting at a light in the left hand turning lane. A Yellow Ford Ranger (Edge edition) turns across me going in the opposite direction. The passenger notices my car and just about jumps across the driver to look out the drivers window...... I thought the guy was gonna force the driver to throw it into the median!?!

LOL,

Law Enforcement certainly changes people...I guess when you see the underbelly of the beast... Who knows?

I've also seen a number of people fall all over themselves to see the car...while their driving. it does kinda seem wierd....forgot to add above that Joe did get a ticket not sure what the charge was but by the time it was all said and done a third cruiser had shown up as I was told I could leave.

Car goes away this week...then lifes back to normal...I guess until I need to reveal my alter ego..blue and white Stripe requis mobile...hmm thats got a ring to it!

Barry

LOL,

Law Enforcement certainly changes people...I guess when you see the underbelly of the beast... Who knows?

I've also seen a number of people fall all over themselves to see the car...while their driving. it does kinda seem wierd....forgot to add above that Joe did get a ticket not sure what the charge was but by the time it was all said and done a third cruiser had shown up as I was told I could leave.

Car goes away this week...then lifes back to normal...I guess until I need to reveal my alter ego..blue and white Stripe requis mobile...hmm thats got a ring to it!

Barry

LOL,

Barry

LOL,

Sorry to hear of you folks in the cold country got to put your babies up for the winter. I don't have that problem here, still waiting for the call.

Love your stories Barry.

Barry

Archived