TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Nor-Cal

kahmann

I'd like to organize a monthly meet of TS members in Northern California.

Anyone in the area have any ideas? I'm in Sacramento, but would be willing to travel, if there are more members in the bay.

Any interest in a monthly cruise?

Ken

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to organize a monthly meet of TS members in Northern California.

Anyone in the area have any ideas? I'm in Sacramento, but would be willing to travel, if there are more members in the bay.

Any interest in a monthly cruise?

Ken

Put me on the list.

Great idea!

Cruise idea - San Jose to Carmel, meet up in Almaden, head to Highway 1 in Watsonville via Santa Cruz mountains and end up at the race car theme Baja Cantina in Carmel Valley.

I open for anything,

MM

Great idea!

Cruise idea - San Jose to Carmel, meet up in Almaden, head to Highway 1 in Watsonville via Santa Cruz mountains and end up at the race car theme Baja Cantina in Carmel Valley.

I open for anything,

MM

Wow I'm happily surprised at the interest so far. I guess I better really start planning this out, eh? ;)

I know my side of the state very well, but am not extremely familiar with the bay.

Let's try to work out a good date range first, then narrow it down from there.

I am ready whenever you guys are. Here's a feeler for the end of February, assuming the weather holds up.

Any more ideas on meet up spots, cruise routes, and anything else you guys want to add would be much appreciated.

Napa area would be a good compromise for me, but I'm open to anything too.

Ken

Wow I'm happily surprised at the interest so far. I guess I better really start planning this out, eh? ;)

I know my side of the state very well, but am not extremely familiar with the bay.

Let's try to work out a good date range first, then narrow it down from there.

I am ready whenever you guys are. Here's a feeler for the end of February, assuming the weather holds up.

Any more ideas on meet up spots, cruise routes, and anything else you guys want to add would be much appreciated.

Napa area would be a good compromise for me, but I'm open to anything too.

Ken

Well, since you are in Sacramento, an alternative route would be for us South Bay guys to meet you at the base parking area of the Golden Gate Bridge. Cruising over the GG Bridge in these machines would be a sight. Head up 101 and cut across Hwy 37 and then meander through Hwy 121 to Napa. Kick back and have few brews and then those from the South Bay would head home down Hwy 29 going to Hwy 80.

If your flexible, MM's idea sounds good too.

As for the later February, that sounds good to me. I should get my car back together by then. It has been at the dealership for 3 weeks now getting the tranny worked on. Next week it is going up to Griggs Racing to have the rear suspension replaced with a Griggs system.

Any others out there in Nor Cal? Let's hear from you and get this thing going. :yahoo:

Well, since you are in Sacramento, an alternative route would be for us South Bay guys to meet you at the base parking area of the Golden Gate Bridge. Cruising over the GG Bridge in these machines would be a sight. Head up 101 and cut across Hwy 37 and then meander through Hwy 121 to Napa. Kick back and have few brews and then those from the South Bay would head home down Hwy 29 going to Hwy 80.

If your flexible, MM's idea sounds good too.

As for the later February, that sounds good to me. I should get my car back together by then. It has been at the dealership for 3 weeks now getting the tranny worked on. Next week it is going up to Griggs Racing to have the rear suspension replaced with a Griggs system.

Any others out there in Nor Cal? Let's hear from you and get this thing going. :yahoo:

That's a really good idea. Anyone object to this?

The GG is a good distance for me, but if the cruise route was back towards the direction I need to end up, it wouldn't be a big deal.

I'm getting cams installed on the weekend of the 20th and 21st.

How about Saturday 2/28 at noon, Golden Gate sight seeing park?

Everyone on board for that? If this works out, we could shoot for the last Saturday of each month.

Ken

If your going to meet around the Golden Gate Bridge you might want to consider Griggs Racing. They usually give tours of their shop, discussions on what they are currently working on and explanations how your car can become a corner carver.

In the Sacto area the capital building is awesome to tour as is the old downtown area with Western themed buildings with shops and restaurants and a dixie paddlewheel boat for lunch and the railroad museum which has a wonderful collection of old running engines and rail cars all in doors.

If your going to meet around the Golden Gate Bridge you might want to consider Griggs Racing. They usually give tours of their shop, discussions on what they are currently working on and explanations how your car can become a corner carver.

In the Sacto area the capital building is awesome to tour as is the old downtown area with Western themed buildings with shops and restaurants and a dixie paddlewheel boat for lunch and the railroad museum which has a wonderful collection of old running engines and rail cars all in doors.

Griggs would be great. The downside would be that a road trip from SF to Petaluma to Napa back to San Jose may be too long. May have to cut out Napa. I don't care where we go for the stop as long as there is ice cold beer; just have to be careful about the intake amount. Driving a monster under the influence; hmmm, not too intelligent.

Have we decided on a date?

I think Ken was looking at the last week in February. The route will probably be north of SF (Trip to Griggs and back?). I can't go on Sunday's so 2/28 would work for me.

So far I think we have:

kahmann (Ken)

GR40Freak (Colin)

MMcGuirk

BEEKAY GT500 (Brad)

Shelby GT 500 TWP

idrathergolf (Dana)

AndyP (Andy I assume)

I think Ken was looking at the last week in February. The route will probably be north of SF (Trip to Griggs and back?). I can't go on Sunday's so 2/28 would work for me.

So far I think we have:

kahmann (Ken)

GR40Freak (Colin)

MMcGuirk

BEEKAY GT500 (Brad)

Shelby GT 500 TWP

idrathergolf (Dana)

AndyP (Andy I assume)

That date and location look good to me. Yes, you're right it's Andy. I need a new screen name...

Well this is easier than I thought it'd be! ;)

My brother will be going, as well. Shamefully, he's not a TS member, despite non-stop prodding from me. He's in a modified 07 GT500.

So that puts us at 10 cars total, so far. That'd be a great turn out.

Again, I think we should plan on meeting at the park at the golden gate bridge no later than noon, but I'd prefer earlier (10am?).

From there, we can cruise to Griggs. I'll call them today to see if anyone's there on Saturdays.

After that, I'll head back to Sac and you guys head west. It's only about 30 miles from the bridge to Griggs.

One quick question about Griggs. Google maps shows 2 different addresses for them, 1 in Sonoma and 1 in Petaluma.

Can anyone confirm which address we'd want to shoot for?

Ken

Throw my name into the mix, I'm in Hollister,

Include my brother in-law as well, his handle is shelbygt4778

Oops, didn't catch the date prior to my earlier response...I fly home that day after a week long conference in Maui...

You'll have to scratch me off of the list...

My brother will be going, as well. Shamefully, he's not a TS member, despite non-stop prodding from me. He's in a modified 07 GT500.

Again, I think we should plan on meeting at the park at the golden gate bridge no later than noon, but I'd prefer earlier (10am?).

From there, we can cruise to Griggs. I'll call them today to see if anyone's there on Saturdays.

After that, I'll head back to Sac and you guys head west. It's only about 30 miles from the bridge to Griggs.

One quick question about Griggs. Google maps shows 2 different addresses for them, 1 in Sonoma and 1 in Petaluma.

Ken

Petaluma is their new location. Sonoma was their place at Infineon Raceway.

I would call first.

Michael

Ken

hi ken, yeah i would say let's meet as early as possible. i would prefer at the latest we meet at 10am then we can hit the road no later than 11am. 10 gt500's would be great. brad

I'm in.

How about a tour of Griggs? By the way, about the ride in the red car the other day, OMG! I would only hope others could experience the ride in the TT system. If that was my car it would have been in the ditch on the first turn. Man, I'm still thinking about that lateral g's I was feeling (I don't think my stomach will be the same).

Archived