TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Official Grey Cup thread

JETSOLVER

Curious if anyone wants to make their pics in Canada's favourite "dysfunctional like a stoopid kid brother" league. The rest of you have a chance now that the mighty(Eski's) have fallen.

I went to my first ball game at Muatta Stadium in Calgary when I was 5 months old because my Dad was babysitting and had prioritys. I have had season tics in 4 cities and been to every stadium except McGill(kinda hard to get seats there) and 9 Grey Cups. I love the game, but even more I really enjoy CFL fans. The last professional sports league were the guys do it for love of the game, cause there isn't enough money to last them the whole year!(unless its Ricky Ray, in which case you'd best take your time off away from Edmonton :hysterical: ). CFL fans are honest working folk,who know the game, not just the see and be seen types that seem to show up at a lot of hockey games.

I'm going to pick Calgary Stampeders in the West(going to pretend that Burris has his quota of intercepts out of his system :wacko:) and Winnipeg BlueBombers in the East( :nonono: can't wait for Ottawa to reset and Halifax in this league.)

I live amoungst the cacti and the gila monsters :runaway:

If you have not been so er, er, able to take in Canada's biggest party, you may have one to add to your must see list. Its got to be amongst the worlds biggest drunk ups. And those are the people watching on TV. If you are at the stadium(outdoors d :censored: it) it is something to behold. Little old grannies yelling "pass me the damm wine skin", and the one year I had four generations in the season seats behind me. Its a GOOD party. :beerchug:

If you have not been so er, er, able to take in Canada's biggest party, you may have one to add to your must see list. Its got to be amongst the worlds biggest drunk ups. And those are the people watching on TV. If you are at the stadium(outdoors d :censored: it) it is something to behold. Little old grannies yelling "pass me the damm wine skin", and the one year I had four generations in the season seats behind me. Its a GOOD party. :beerchug:

+1 - Been to 3 so far.

went every EE game this year.

Go Lions GO (its true BC stands for Big Chokers) I dont think so this year though, to much of a powerhouse on "O" & "D"

Curious if anyone wants to make their pics in Canada's favourite "dysfunctional like a stoopid kid brother" league. The rest of you have a chance now that the mighty(Eski's) have fallen.

I went to my first ball game at Muatta Stadium in Calgary when I was 5 months old because my Dad was babysitting and had prioritys. I have had season tics in 4 cities and been to every stadium except McGill(kinda hard to get seats there) and 9 Grey Cups. I love the game, but even more I really enjoy CFL fans. The last professional sports league were the guys do it for love of the game, cause there isn't enough money to last them the whole year!(unless its Ricky Ray, in which case you'd best take your time off away from Edmonton :hysterical: ). CFL fans are honest working folk,who know the game, not just the see and be seen types that seem to show up at a lot of hockey games.

I'm going to pick Calgary Stampeders in the West(going to pretend that Burris has his quota of intercepts out of his system :wacko:) and Winnipeg BlueBombers in the East( :nonono: can't wait for Ottawa to reset and Halifax in this league.)

Go Renegades Go!!!.....

....oh I forgot, they already went! :rip:

Again the game to watch was in the east. I guess that makes it rather clear who the favourite is in the big game eh? :lol: Will Sak EVER win again? Or will the universe die of heat death first? Poor fans, its got to be hard to always loose :stirpot:

So if the Allouettes loose, does that mean that we have seen the last of Mathews? Or does he reappear phoenix like again to run the Ottawa franchise? I suspect he would make a great GM but he is a lousy coach.

All in all, I'm not a big Buono fan, but the guy can coach. Second half adjustments won that going away.

No Lions Fans

Unfortunatley, we were spoiled rotten by last years game. This was a bit of a yawner as far as recent Grey cups go, the best story was the team breaking the 94 year old trophy in half :eek5: and partying with the bits. :party2: I commend Winnipeg for what looked to be a good showing from the fans, and city. Much better than the last time they hosted the party. The momentum is growing for the CFL as a whole.

Hope for a good year ahead, with a new salary cap, and a new commish(Tom Wright is going to be a hard act to follow). And the return of Ottawa. Great football fans, sold short by the past owners. And some day, I would love to go to Halifax for a Grey Cup, That would be a party for the ages!!! :tequila: :drop:

Archived