TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 300?

ironmedn

Check that one spotted in Paris, recently imported form TX.

Must be a GT when looking at the gas cap. Can this be called a clone? I don't know really.

The SHELBY lettering and the wing delete make for an appealing look (to my taste).

I love it , but considering the extend of modifications, I am not sure this is worth it.

post-19594-1233062062.jpg

post-19594-1233062062.jpg

Check that one spotted in Paris, recently imported form TX.

Must be a GT when looking at the gas cap. Can this be called a clone? I don't know really.

The SHELBY lettering and the wing delete make for an appealing look (to my taste).

I love it , but considering the extend of modifications, I am not sure this is worth it.

The car in your pic is a 2007 Shelby GT. They were finished at SAI in Las Vegas and have a CSM number. Ford did a poor job of marketing the car in the US. I would assume they did not market at all in Europe. in 2007 SAI built 2261 White and 3369 Black. Total of 5630, all with silver stripes. For 2008 they made 100 black with red stripes, 216 grabber orange with silver stripes, and unsure about how many vista blue with silver stripe coupes and verts made. The Black with red stripe cars were Barrett Jackson editions also available in vert.

Chris

The GT500 rear bumper and the wheels confused me.

Not a bad idea what this guy did, the rear looks much better than stock GT.

That picture was cut from one of the Shelby GT posters.

I saw two "GT300's" in Georgia. I think it's named after the 300 hp 4.6 V8 in the GT. I can only assume they're doing it to emulate the GT500 nomenclature, mistakenly thinking the "500" represents the hp of the engine when this is entirely false. Oh well, both cars looked awful. That Shelby GT in Paris looks clean though.

The GT500 rear bumper and the wheels confused me.

Not a bad idea what this guy did, the rear looks much better than stock GT.

this pic is of the Shelby GT prototype. It actually has a regular mustang GT rear bumber. This guy was SAI, too. They still own this car, it has a whipple sitting on top of it.

Chris

That's probably exactly what it is. At least he's honest. I hate the clones where you need to look under the hood to tell. They make us look bad at the stop light.

I've got a good friend of mine who has a Vista Blue GT, and he installed the GT300 side stripes. He also has some of the over the hood, top and trunk stripes that are totally different from the LeMans Shelby type. He has said that he does not anyone to think he's got a Shelby, he's just customized his to what he likes. I really respect him for doing and saying so.

Now, on the other hand, FlyBoy- this one on ebay has really got to get under your skin, huh?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...A1%7C240%3A1318

First post but a long time lurker-

Best to all,

Wags

I've got a good friend of mine who has a Vista Blue GT, and he installed the GT300 side stripes. He also has some of the over the hood, top and trunk stripes that are totally different from the LeMans Shelby type. He has said that he does not anyone to think he's got a Shelby, he's just customized his to what he likes. I really respect him for doing and saying so.

Now, on the other hand, FlyBoy- this one on ebay has really got to get under your skin, huh?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...A1%7C240%3A1318

First post but a long time lurker-

Best to all,

Wags

Ugh. This makes my brain hurt.

Ken

Archived