TEAM SHELBY FORUM

kansas city

08shelbygt/superbee

Any kansas city,MO mustangs out there? I just bought my new dealer left over 2008 shelbyGT 1-19-09 this is my first mustang but I also have a 2008 srt charger superbee that I've owned for almost a year now...

...bunch of us in kc and in the immediate area.....3 of us just got together for lunch sunday

lunch bunch

.......we have one of the biggest shelby events every april over in hermann that you have to make......

shelbyfest thread link

We have friends from St. Louis so It would be fun to make that...Kearney is just up the highway a little ways...I live off 291 just outside of liberty on the west side if I-35...I don't have the gt500 though just the shelby GT...If you see a vista blue shelby GT or a B5 blue srt8 charger superbee around it's probably me...I'll keep checking in here to look for events/shows...

We have friends from St. Louis so It would be fun to make that...Kearney is just up the highway a little ways...I live off 291 just outside of liberty on the west side if I-35...I don't have the gt500 though just the shelby GT...If you see a vista blue shelby GT or a B5 blue srt8 charger superbee around it's probably me...I'll keep checking in here to look for events/shows...

Welcome to the site and you are more than welcome to join us at Shelby Fest. It will be held on April 24th (Gateway) and April 25th (Hermann MO). If you plan on staying in Hermann and need a place to stay, go to http://www.hermannmo.info/ and go to the Bed and Breakfast section for information on the local B&B's. There is also the Hermann Motel as the least expensive but still nice.

I am a little south of kearney, off of hwy 33 in the area with the covered bridge........look for the old guy with the scraggly ponytail driving the white gt500 with blue stripes.... :happy feet:

there are at least two more shelby gt's in the immediate area; one is between me and kearney, and the other is off of ne 136th, over on your side of the highway, white 2007. never met the owner, but my club (mid american mustangers) shows him as a new member. Keep in touch, and I will post over here when we have another of our small get togethers.......

John

I wouldn't worry about owning "Just the Shelby GT..." You'll fit in just fine with the GT500 crowd...

post-8727-1232486882_thumb.jpg

post-8727-1232486973_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend either ShelbyFest in Hermann or Mid-America in Tulsa this year...

Welcome & Drive Safe!

Gregg

07SGT0547

I wouldn't worry about owning "Just the Shelby GT..." You'll fit in just fine with the GT500 crowd...

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend either ShelbyFest in Hermann or Mid-America in Tulsa this year...

Welcome & Drive Safe!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Sorry to hear that Gregg. I bet travel has you going pretty good right now. I hope you can make some time to at least attend the Hermann portion.

Sorry to hear that Gregg. I bet travel has you going pretty good right now. I hope you can make some time to at least attend the Hermann portion.

Unfortunately, it has been the other way around... With the exception of attending the Shelby Bash in Vegas (planned since late Sept), I have been mostly sitting at home since before Christmas... And right now, it doesn't look like business will be picking up any time shortly... Except for the weekends, when ALL the car shows and events are scheduled for, it has been painfully S-L-O-W... But I will keep an eye out for the SF-2009 Details... And hopefully, I will be able to make it over for some of the fun... Especially since the drive from Jeff City into Hermann along the MO River (SR-94) is the best part of getting there :shift:

Drive Safe!

Gregg

07SGT0547

When did you get to run the track and were? I would love to get either or both of my cars on the track I just don't want to get out there with too many others like a free for all...I've been looking for a chance to do the road course thing ever since I got to drive the road course at heartland park in topeka at the SRT experience...

When did you get to run the track and were? I would love to get either or both of my cars on the track I just don't want to get out there with too many others like a free for all...I've been looking for a chance to do the road course thing ever since I got to drive the road course at heartland park in topeka at the SRT experience...

That picture (any many, many more) was taken last year at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit during the Mid-America/Team Shelby Event held in Tulsa, OK... Great time, tons of things to do, and very well controlled crowd of drivers... There are several other threads of info on this forum if you do a search, but here are a couple of links to get you started...

Hallett Track Info

Mid-America Info

The only stipulation about the M-A Meet, is that your car must be FORD powered... And if you liked the layout at HP in Topeka, then go back for their monthly Wed Night Touring Club events that run from May - Oct... For the $60 Fee (last year's price), you get an afternoon of track time, with an Instructor if you want some tips and pointers... Might be a good place for all the KC Area Shelbys to meet on a Wed night when the weather warms up...

Heartland Park Info

Drive Safe!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Hey Gregg, sounds like fun. Keep us posted.

Mark

Mark,

Unfortunately, I don't think that I'll be attending those events this year :headscratch: But for anyone wanting to excersise their right to go fast in a controlled environment, then I highly recommend either venue... However, it is in my plan ($$$) to go back in 2010 :shift:

Gregg

I'm really starting to love this shelby...Went and got the windows tinted today and this thing really hugs the on and off ramps at high speeds...It's a good contrast car to my superbee 5-speed vs auto,Charger is roomier,heavier,and faster on the top end...Mustang is lighter and quicker...

Do you have any pics posted? You'll never get over a Shelby :D

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Archived