TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This forum is getting huge!

robertlane

This forum is really getting bigger and bigger every week! I guess it is a testament to how many people really want a next-generation Boss Mustang.

Many people have been waiting for the Boss to come back for so long now. I am really glad that will happen now when compared with previous Mustang body styles. The current body style just lends itself so well to the very essence of what a Mustang was - and it will make an awesome Boss!

But here's my confusion: GT500 or Boss? WOW - how many times has Ford provided us Mustang nuts with such a scenerio?

Very true, Robert. There hasn't been a time since the late '60's when Mustang nuts had such a variety of choices. For me, Boss all the way!!!! Of course, then there is which color do I choose and what options....regardless, what a great time to be a Mustang enthusiast!!!

Very true, Robert. There hasn't been a time since the late '60's when Mustang nuts had such a variety of choices. For me, Boss all the way!!!! Of course, then there is which color do I choose and what options....regardless, what a great time to be a Mustang enthusiast!!!

I await the Boss. Wonder what it will really be, something special or a stripe kit? :shift:

I have the money ready and waiting for a GT500. Or I go off the deep end with my favourite toy and believe me, another 40k in that thing and I'll see God even if I am an athiest! If Ford can convince me by the late spring that the BOSS will be a REAL car in the tradition of the SVT credo of balanced, TOTAL performance(and the parts I am working on don't pan out)then I will wait one more year.

Ford showed me something today that I didn't think they had in them as a group and I'll freely admit that. That 534 horse CAMMER :drool: is my dream engine and if it cost something like 20k I'll move the earth to get that in my car! Good Work Ford, skip the Shelby crap and build more serious stuff like the Road and Track and a REAL BOSS and I'll keep up the fight down here in the trenches. Don't wimp out now Mark and Allen!!

Hey gang. I don't want to be a downer 'cause I know we're all hoping for the same thing. But I gotta wonder. How crappy would it be if we waited until 20XX and the car came out and it was a lot less than we'd hoped for. When Ford comes out with this puppy, it had best be hot stuff and have an equally appealing graphics package to the (guessing) 380-400 hp (n/a pref. but who really knows)... Sean Hyland has a package that delivers 380 hp n/a so there is no need to wait unless you want a Boss as a collectible.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting less. Just today they announced a Grabber Orange California Special for Job #2. Oh, it has the two toned seats, but they're TAN! WTF? That won't go with G.O. Look at the seats Saleen put in the PJ Special. Now them's seats. I don't want something similar like that when they announce the Boss.

Don't hate on me. I'm on YOUR side. Just not feelin' the confidence.

Back_In_Black_010.jpg

That GT/CS will look great in GO. The Black front facia, and rear facia, and fading black stripes will really set it off nicely. I would have to see those seats to comment. Thanks for the eye candy, I always like lookin at your car. :rockon:

Hey gang. I don't want to be a downer 'cause I know we're all hoping for the same thing. But I gotta wonder. How crappy would it be if we waited until 20XX and the car came out and it was a lot less than we'd hoped for. When Ford comes out with this puppy, it had best be hot stuff and have an equally appealing graphics package to the (guessing) 380-400 hp (n/a pref. but who really knows)... Sean Hyland has a package that delivers 380 hp n/a so there is no need to wait unless you want a Boss as a collectible.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting less. Just today they announced a Grabber Orange California Special for Job #2. Oh, it has the two toned seats, but they're TAN! WTF? That won't go with G.O. Look at the seats Saleen put in the PJ Special. Now them's seats. I don't want something similar like that when they announce the Boss.

Pitpup, car is looking mighty sweet!! I simply want a Boss 'cause I wasn't around to buy one new way back in '69. I always thought the Boss 302 was the ultimate performance Mustang for me (road race handling, high winding small block). Personally if the '09 Boss 302 doesn't deliver, not only will I be severly disappointed but I may well take my business elsewhere. I've held off buying a new S197 Mustang in the hope that Ford would see the light and produce a Boss.

Based on your description, those seats sound like someone has had one too many :tequila:

Based on your description, those seats sound like someone has had one too many :tequila:

The GT/CS has 2 seat options that are unique to this model. I am not a fan of tan seats so we ordered the Dove & Parchment seats. Take a look at them. They would look fine with the GO. :yup:

The GT/CS has 2 seat options that are unique to this model. I am not a fan of tan seats so we ordered the Dove & Parchment seats. Take a look at them. They would look fine with the GO. :yup:

Agreed, the Dove/Parchment combo would look fine - tan would be far less desireable - solid black would be my choice of course.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice! Reminiscent of the '01 Cobra ...and still looking good ;)

"Many people have been waiting for the Boss to come back for so long now. I am really glad that will happen now when compared with previous Mustang body styles. The current body style just lends itself so well to the very essence of what a Mustang was - and it will make an awesome Boss!"

I agree, Robert. But, I keep hearing about a Bullitt car coming out before the Boss in '09. Seems we just had the Bullitt a few years ago, but the wait for the next Boss was much longer.

I'm really thinking a wedding anniversary trip to Vegas next year for a Shelby GT. It's great that we have all these choices !

"Many people have been waiting for the Boss to come back for so long now. I am really glad that will happen now when compared with previous Mustang body styles. The current body style just lends itself so well to the very essence of what a Mustang was - and it will make an awesome Boss!"

I agree, Robert. But, I keep hearing about a Bullitt car coming out before the Boss in '09. Seems we just had the Bullitt a few years ago, but the wait for the next Boss was much longer.

I'm really thinking a wedding anniversary trip to Vegas next year for a Shelby GT. It's great that we have all these choices !

The Bullitt will precede the Boss, but hang tight because a Boss is coming.

• 3 weeks later...

Back_In_Black_010.jpg

Hey Pit ~ Welcome to the BOGO - Big On Grabber Orange club. Look up the GO website !!!

Kenardo :redcard:

Archived