TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VIN NUMBER ?

richard m.switzer

THANKS, :doh:

the info was useful,,its telling me that it is a "vin check digit code / value number ",, :headscratch::headscratch: ,,does anyone know what that is ,,I haven't got a clue,,the " X" code is the last one ,,,what is the ( check digit code ),,thank you for any more info,,I have not seen another 2007 with this " X " code,,,does anyone else have this " X" in there vin number,,

the info was useful,,its telling me that it is a "vin check digit code / value number ",, :headscratch::headscratch: ,,does anyone know what that is ,,I haven't got a clue,,the " X" code is the last one ,,,what is the ( check digit code ),,thank you for any more info,,I have not seen another 2007 with this " X " code,,,does anyone else have this " X" in there vin number,,

I'm not sure how Ford uses it exactly. It can have a value from 0-9 or X.

Richard,

It doesn't "mean" a darn thing...it is just a random digit to ensure that the VIN meets Federal Standards...that's all there is to it...

Carl

Archived