TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Driveshaft Hoop

Does anyone have any info on what kind of driveshaft safety hoop to use, on my 2007 Shelby GT 500? I have been looking at all different types from a one piece that has two hoops but is one long unit, to single front and rear units. Different manufactures different prices. I am using a 3 1/2" DTS one piece aluminum shaft. Any help-advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks Mustangnut

Does anyone have any info on what kind of driveshaft safety hoop to use, on my 2007 Shelby GT 500? I have been looking at all different types from a one piece that has two hoops but is one long unit, to single front and rear units. Different manufactures different prices. I am using a 3 1/2" DTS one piece aluminum shaft. Any help-advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks Mustangnut

I put on the CHE front safety loop after having a different brand of front and rear loops on before. After I switched to a 1-piece DS the rear loop won't fit and the front loop was too small for the 3.5" and I had rubbing issues. The CHE works great. I know BlackVert has it on his car as well.

I have the BMR front loop and rear tunnel brace setup also. Good quality fabrication and really easy installation. With the one piece 3.5" aluminum drive shaft from Dynotech Engineering (and lowering springs) the rear loop would not fit on my car. So if you do go with BMR you can skip the rear loop and just use the rear tunnel brace.

Here's a link to the BMR driveshaft loops (near bottom of page):

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/2005MustangCHASSIS.htm

Archived