TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Locking gas cap

Red Snake

Jim, thanks for the link.

I was hoping someone was using one and to make sure there were no problems from it.

I have found stant p/n 10510 for the mustang but not sure if for GT500.

Another one is motorcraft 6L32-9030-AA for a f150 which may work, but not sure.

The gas cap aspect of the GT500 is the same as any Mustang although I cannot tell you I have seen the cap on a GT500.

Jim

Jim,

My concern about the one for the GT500 is,

-different fuel pumps, maybe different tank pressures.

-being supercharger I don't want to accidently starve the engine for fuel.

Thought I'd ask before doing something I shouldn't.

Good point. I do not know of the cap on a supercharged car. Maybe I should buy it and try it on mine. I would think the fuel pumps we have on our supercharged cars would take care of any problem but you never know.

Jim

Hey guys I bought the ford motorcraft part number 8L3Z-9030-E For my brand new 2008 GT500. I had a pro parts guy at the local sunnyvale ford in california. Chris was his name great guy knew his stuff and told me this one was the one and its factory and locking. No problems or the factory computer would have alarmed.

Jason

Torch red 2008 GT500 white stripes

HID, Ambient lighting, gt500 trim package, NAV

:happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys I bought the ford motorcraft part number 8L3Z-9030-E For my brand new 2008 GT500. I had a pro parts guy at the local sunnyvale ford in california. Chris was his name great guy knew his stuff and told me this one was the one and its factory and locking. No problems or the factory computer would have alarmed.

Thanks for sharing the part number. I just installed the Motorcraft locking gas cap part number is 8L3Z-9030-E. It looks just like the stock cap.

LK_Cap_1.jpgLK_Cap.jpg

I pryed off the button that secures the plastic strap with a plastic prybar and popped the new one in place - simple!

LK_Cap_Instl.jpgLK_Cap_Instl_1.jpg

When I checked into this last about two years ago I was told there was no locking gas cap for the Mustang. But my parts guy was real heads up and he came up with one for a different application. The number on my receipt is FOFC-1016. It has worked great, but the difference I did notice was the cap looked identical to the original but the lanyard came away from the cap in the opposite direction from the original. I cut off the lanyard since it had a tendency to get caught up in the fuel door on my car. Is this still the case or is there a new cap floating around with the lanyard just like the original? Thanks, Mark

When I checked into this last about two years ago I was told there was no locking gas cap for the Mustang. But my parts guy was real heads up and he came up with one for a different application. The number on my receipt is FOFC-1016. It has worked great, but the difference I did notice was the cap looked identical to the original but the lanyard came away from the cap in the opposite direction from the original. I cut off the lanyard since it had a tendency to get caught up in the fuel door on my car. Is this still the case or is there a new cap floating around with the lanyard just like the original? Thanks, Mark

mark its like the original but locking

Jason

I guess you could have removed and flipped the lanyard over on your cap and it would have been just like this one. Like Jason said, the 8L3Z-9030-E is just like the original stock cap including the lanyard. It works great.

Archived