TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Same Ford Different Mustangs...

428scjdragpac

I have seen Ford do this for 30 years & still doin' it to the newbies. Ford has been notorious for coming out with the next "BIG THING" only to knock the wind out of it by production date! Case in point, a few years ago the Bullit, hyped up, everybody bought it. Then, the Cobra's back & badass as ever! So what happened to all of the Bullits? You couldn't give 'em away! (although, if you held on to one, maybe in 30 years it'll be worth maybe what you paid for it!) Now think of all the jerk-off's that have the '01 Cobra's, nothin' special anymore.

Here's my beef, they should've put the Lightning motor in the Mustang years ago. (I actually posted in 2000 asking WHY NOT?) Ford just has a habit of dumping too many new hi-perf. cars all out at once. They still show no respect to their biggest fans :hysterical: It makes me sick!

One more thing, are they out of their java script:emoticon(':censored:', 'smid_4') minds to actually try to bring another Bullit back??? What the hell are they thinking??!!!! I don't know, the new Camaro is sounding really good & Chevy has at least dropped the Camaro (with huge losses I'm sure) to at least think about their next move!

Ford has ruined me for buying a new Shelby GT500 because I GUARANTEE when they come out with the Boss or KR car, there will be a flood of nice pre-owned Shelby's around & for a lot less! MARK MY WORDS!

I have seen Ford do this for 30 years & still doin' it to the newbies. Ford has been notorious for coming out with the next "BIG THING" only to knock the wind out of it by production date! Case in point, a few years ago the Bullit, hyped up, everybody bought it. Then, the Cobra's back & badass as ever! So what happened to all of the Bullits? You couldn't give 'em away! (although, if you held on to one, maybe in 30 years it'll be worth maybe what you paid for it!) Now think of all the jerk-off's that have the '01 Cobra's, nothin' special anymore.

Here's my beef, they should've put the Lightning motor in the Mustang years ago. (I actually posted in 2000 asking WHY NOT?) Ford just has a habit of dumping too many new hi-perf. cars all out at once. They still show no respect to their biggest fans :hysterical: It makes me sick!

One more thing, are they out of their java script:emoticon(':censored:', 'smid_4') minds to actually try to bring another Bullit back??? What the hell are they thinking??!!!! I don't know, the new Camaro is sounding really good & Chevy has at least dropped the Camaro (with huge losses I'm sure) to at least think about their next move!

Ford has ruined me for buying a new Shelby GT500 because I GUARANTEE when they come out with the Boss or KR car, there will be a flood of nice pre-owned Shelby's around & for a lot less! MARK MY WORDS!

:baby:

So do you buy a car to drive or for some other reason? At least your smart enough to have learned the system, some never do(and keep buying new Fords :doh: ). The thing is, is if no one ever bought into this hype and just asked the cars to stand on thier merits in the market place, we might see less of this(and less Ford too by extension, as this is how they got to the current market position)

You might find many people here share some or all of your views, right up until the red letter stuff. Then you make it personal, and the internet is full of wasted characters invested in this sort of thing. So, come in in, pull up an avattar and lets see if we can offer Ford some constructive criticism. :party:

And for what its worth, any COBRA since 93 is a pretty serious car. And so is its owner.

• 3 weeks later...

What the hell are they thinking??!!!! I don't know, the new Camaro is sounding really good & Chevy has at least dropped the Camaro (with huge losses I'm sure) to at least think about their next move!

???? Are you serious???

Ummm Chevy dropped the Camaro because it wasn't cost effective to keep making it with the amount they were selling......

The 'next move' they were thinking about was saving money....

[and you haven't even seen the new Camaro yet - you've seen the concept....]

428scjdragpac, I guess I don't understand why it's bad for Ford to offer up a bunch of different Mustangs. Your user name (428scjdragpac) makes me assume you like the 1969 era Mustangs. In 1969 you had your choice of base Mustang, Grande', Sportsroof, Convertible, GT, Mach 1, Boss 302, and Boss 429. Geez, how many different Mustangs is that! And the engine options for 1969 - wow: 200 6cyl, 250 6cyl, 302 2V, 302 Boss, 351 2V, 351 4V, 351 Cleveland, 390, 428 (CJ and SCJ), 429 Boss. Geez, 2007 and 2008 seem relatively tame given how it used to be. How on earth did guys decide which engine and/or trim to buy back then!?!?

Now, for the youngens who can't remember before Clinton or Fox-body Mustangs, things may seem different. In 1989, when I went shopping for my 2nd new Mustang, I had my choice of two engines: 90hp 2.3L I4 and 225hp 5.0L V8. And it was LX or GT. Pretty easy to choose when the menu is so short.

There's nothing wrong with "flooding the market" with hi perf cars. It all comes down to the buyer. If you're buying with the mindset that the car is a viable investment, then you'll probably be very disappointed. If you just want a great selection of pavement pounders, then more is better in this case (right Ruf?)

Really...think about the alternative: worse cars every year. Yeah, that sounds good.

It's the same with everything. Do you think Dell should make slower computers every year just because you bought a fast one at a premium price this year? Do you think Dell shouldn't hype their latest greatest as "the latest, greatest" because they know there'll be a better one next year? Come on...

Really...think about the alternative: worse cars every year. Yeah, that sounds good.

It's the same with everything. Do you think Dell should make slower computers every year just because you bought a fast one at a premium price this year? Do you think Dell shouldn't hype their latest greatest as "the latest, greatest" because they know there'll be a better one next year? Come on...

Oh crap, you think my next Dell is gonna be a dog, I better order another one right now just to be sure I get a fast one :hysterical:

Archived