TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Found a Shipping Bottleneck

165MPHGT500

Some of you already may be aware, but I found out from SVT yesterday that one of the bottlenecks is the front fascia clearance. The GT500's fascia only allows it to be loaded on the rail car hauler in one to three spots. Released Shelbys are stacked at the loading area waiting to be shipped with no way to find out when your car will get loaded and shipped. Expect extended delays. Almost all new Shelbys are shipped by rail. I wish I had a picture of the loading area. Probably pretty impressive numbers and colors of Shelbys in one place. Supposedly, Ford can produce 200 per day.

WOW . . . What a mess.

:huh: :wacko: :(:cry::shrug::doh: :tequila:

Why don't they just ship the Shelbys by truck then ? Hello ....Ford...?

Probably another one of those "Union " agreements that ties their hands.

Easy now, I have been a union man all my life. The union has been good to me and my family!

Some of you already may be aware, but I found out from SVT yesterday that one of the bottlenecks is the front fascia clearance. The GT500's fascia only allows it to be loaded on the rail car hauler in one to three spots. Released Shelbys are stacked at the loading area waiting to be shipped with no way to find out when your car will get loaded and shipped. Expect extended delays. Almost all new Shelbys are shipped by rail. I wish I had a picture of the loading area. Probably pretty impressive numbers and colors of Shelbys in one place. Supposedly, Ford can produce 200 per day.

WOW . . . What a mess.

165MPH

Ordered: August

VIN#: September 23

Built: October 16

Last Maint: October 17

Released from plant: October 17

Ship Date: Not yet

Dealer ETA: October 31

:huh: :wacko: :(:cry::shrug::doh: :tequila:

Ford can and is only producing 50 GT500's per day in 2) 8 hour shifts.

WOW . . . What a mess.

Here's my latest update which validates your statement. Ralph called me today (returning my call from yesterday)

He said my car is in the TRANSIT AREA waiting to be shipped out :rant: I asked about any known Quality Holds their or at the Gate?

He said none that he is aware of at the Gate, but still no Shaker 1000 for the Convertibles due to the mounting bracket issue. (which we have known about for awhile)

He mentioned that THE TRUCKING COMPANY CAN ONLY DELIVER (2) SHELBY CARS per truck! And that they must be on the two open bottom spots of the trailer :rant: and that it could take another 7 to 15 DAYS to travel only 90 to 95 miles to reach my dealer! :rant::censored::rant:

Per Federal Law they can not allow me to pick it up at the plant. Dam Politian’s

The truck that delivered my GT500 had another one on the top rack above mine, so......Ralph is either incorrect on that fact, or the trucking company did something they weren't supposed to.

Ralph is a good guy & has helped a lot of people but he always does not tell it like it is. Not sure what he is trying to hide but would be nice if he told the whole truth

• 2 weeks later...

Ralph is a good guy & has helped a lot of people but he always does not tell it like it is. Not sure what he is trying to hide but would be nice if he told the whole truth

What has Ralph ever did to you to call him a liar? You don't think a trucking company can switch vehicles around after they leave the plant due to the mix of cars & trucks they have loaded. My guess is that driver is not aware of the loading positions vs. calling Ralph a liar :finger:

:stop:

There is no need for idiotic post's like this now.

There is no need to start calling anyone names just because you might not agree with them. :redcard:

There are some things done in certain ways because of contractual agreements ,thats all I meant.

Sometimes those "agreements "prevent a company from doing something any other way even if there is a better way to do it.

I don't know if this is the case here , I was only speculating.

Archived