TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kansas City dealers?

cbr1000

Here is where I found my 08 GT500. They treated me real good and I would recommend them to anyone else.

Curtis Owen

Internet Sales Manager

Metro Ford

2860 S. Noland Road

Independence, MO 64055

816-254-9800

816-392-1606 - cell

curtisowen@kcmetroford.com

..pretty much all the dealers in the area have started selling at list price; friends have gotten good deals and good treatment lately at both crossley and thoroughbred; I got mine up at dennis snead in gower, but its pretty far north to get service done.

...I live a bit south of kearney, and take all 5 of my fords to chuck anderson ford in excelsior springs; I bet you could get a decent deal and treatment up there.....just ask for mike anderson.

John

Last Saturday I asked Dick Smith Ford to match the deal Grabber posted up on here. I sent them the link to the thread and told them I wanted the same deal. I've been working with them for about a month. They've got a black red-stripe '09 that I saw on Craigslist so I went out to look at it. I told them I will decide between it and the '10 after the Detroit auto show. After sending him the link on Sat and not hearing anything back I called them Monday. He tells me (like I should be embarrassed) I sent him a link about someones divorce :finger: . He obviously never read the thread. Now it's been a full week and I get this email:

Hi Jeff.

Sorry, I still cannot enlarge the threads you sent me to obtain the numbers on the model you were talking about. If there is a way to get a hard copy of it and fax it over I will take it to my managers and we can talk about it. Please let me know. Thank you.

Dan Riggs

Internet Sales Consultant

Dealership: 816-353-1495

Cell: 816-918-3972

Fax: 816-313-0941

www.dicksmithford.com

driggs@dicksmithford.com

Dick Smith Ford ** 9505 E. 350 Hwy. ** Raytown, MO 64133

Anyway, I think I've got something worked out with Bob Sight Ford. Yesterday they told me he needs to check with the owners. I'm surprised it's been this difficult. With the economy and Z06 going for $65 and GTR for $75 if they think they are going to charge me adm it's not happening.

• 5 weeks later...
Here is where I found my 08 GT500. They treated me real good and I would recommend them to anyone else.

Curtis Owen

Internet Sales Manager

Metro Ford

2860 S. Noland Road

Independence, MO 64055

816-254-9800

816-392-1606 - cell

curtisowen@kcmetroford.com

Just got back from the Dealership. I ordered my '10 GT500 today. It's been a long six months of looking at different cars. Now I've got to wait at least 5 more months due to the HID hold. THANK YOU for the contact info. Curtis was great to work with. I don't know your name, but I told him what color GT500 you have and where you're from and he remembered you.

Just got back from the Dealership. I ordered my '10 GT500 today. It's been a long six months of looking at different cars. Now I've got to wait at least 5 more months due to the HID hold. THANK YOU for the contact info. Curtis was great to work with. I don't know your name, but I told him what color GT500 you have and where you're from and he remembered you.

Not a problem, I am glad I was able to help. He remembers me because a week after I got mine, I had to come back to install this security device and the security installer brushed up my front spoiler. Curtis was great about the whole thing and had it replaced in a couple hours after he located one someplace else. When I went to pickup my car, they stopped short of rolling out the red carpet for me. He met me at my car before I even got out, shook hands, kept eye contact and very polite. Great people to work with.

What all did you order on your car? What color are you getting. Spill the beans dude, we want to hear all about it.

Picking a color was very difficult for me, but I decided on Black with Grabber Blue stripes. Hopefully this looks okay. I was only able to find a few pictures of a test mule in Detriot driving in slush, lol. I couldn't find any interior pics on the net. I listened to the Shaker 500/1000. I decided to go with the 1000. I want HID enough to wait for it. I like the look of the head lights. I think it blends well with the overall modern theme. Shelby car cover... I don't know if thats worth it or not? I've never seen one. I ordered it anyway.

While I was at the dealership Curtis started up the KR and '09 GT500's so I could compare the exhaust. I mentioned I might be interested in picking up some KR mufflers. He suggested I wait because the exhaust will be different on the '10. He said the base GT is getting the '09 Bullit exhaust and that should carry over to the GT500? Who knows...

Picking a color was very difficult for me, but I decided on Black with Grabber Blue stripes. Hopefully this looks okay. I was only able to find a few pictures of a test mule in Detriot driving in slush, lol. I couldn't find any interior pics on the net. I listened to the Shaker 500/1000. I decided to go with the 1000. I want HID enough to wait for it. I like the look of the head lights. I think it blends well with the overall modern theme. Shelby car cover... I don't know if thats worth it or not? I've never seen one. I ordered it anyway.

While I was at the dealership Curtis started up the KR and '09 GT500's so I could compare the exhaust. I mentioned I might be interested in picking up some KR mufflers. He suggested I wait because the exhaust will be different on the '10. He said the base GT is getting the '09 Bullit exhaust and that should carry over to the GT500? Who knows...

I am not sure the exhaust would change much if any. I would think that maybe the length but not the diameter of the pipe. He might also be thinking about the mounting points of the muffler. That should be an interesting color combination. Make sure you get some pictures posted here once you get the car. You won't be disappointed in the Shaker 1000, I love mine. As far as the car cover goes, I still have mine in the original packaging. I park in the garage all the time and nothing is really ever around it. Besides, if I keep it in the package, it may be worth more later, who knows for sure.

• 1 month later...
keep us updated on your progress; three of us local owners are meeting for lunch tomorrow at zona rosa, and I think all of us would like to see some of the local owners get together a bit more often....

John

New update: got my VIN today. Car should arrive late May approx.

Archived