TEAM SHELBY FORUM

S H E L B Y lettering on Front Grill?

What do you think on our current grill to put the S H E L B Y lettering on the front grill.

I would leave the Pony on the Right side and put the Shelby letter to the LEFT OF CENTER in the CENTER spaced or?

What do you all think? A cheap way of not getting a CS6 grill and Shelby on the front of the car

John

I was consider that at first, but when I found out the lower light kit was delayed, I went with the CS6 kit to get the best of both worlds. Glad I did.

I think tek's grill looks rad. If you can afford it, go with the CS6 kit.

That way you're not messing up your stock billet, plus you'll have a clean, well designed grill.

Just my .02.

Ken

I say take off the pony if you do the lettering. It would be a much cleaner look. I really like the CS6 grill too... but the droop in the lettering just bugs me for some reason. Sorry Tekheavy, no disrespect intended.

Not a problem, but you have to realize it's going to be the same if you buy just the letters for the stock grille. There is a flat plastic backing plate that holds the letters to the grille. Due to the curvature of the grille, the backing plates has to take that curve to keep the letters tight to the grille, so you are still going to have that curve with or without the CS6 grille.

How does the Pony come off.

Instructions Please

Thanks

There is an aluminum bracket that is fitted over the badges rear post. The aluminum bracket stays in place with the help of double sided tape. I just grabbed the badge from the front and the bracket from the rear and wiggled it apart. I used a flat head screw driver to get it going.

Archived