TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500's at SEMA

JETSOLVER

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya they do have a number Yours will be $ 229. Don't put your feet on them. :hysterical:

One thing on the Shelby site i found interested is the CS8 package might be worth looking into if you don't want to wait for the Shelby GT.

:stats:

Ford is trying to stop the release of the new 700HP Roush Supercharger Kit for the GT500. Ford Racing is mad because it will compete with their Whipple kit that they cannot seem to get out to market. I visited with both the Roush people at SEMA and the Ford Racing people at SEMA about this. The Ford Racing people were very nasty about it and whined that it just is not right. Easy answer , get your Sh?t together for once.

Ford should always be first to market with performance parts since they have the engines years before anyone else. I would fire my development team and get people that know what they are doing and how to get it to market. That would be good customer service, oh ya I forgot - we all know how bad they are at that. They wonder how they got hemselves in trouble - not to hard to figure out.

We need to put pressure on Ford to let Roush produce the kit. Let the customer base deside which one they want. I can tell you the Roush people were much more helpful and the polished supercharger looked good. I could not beleive the jerk they had at the Ford Racing booth - what a whiner. He acted like Ford Racing guys were the only game in town. Have you ever tried to get help from them? I have and it was such a pain.

The aftermarket always has to fix the Ford mess. We are just use to it. They never get it right out of the box. I have five Fords in my garage that I have built up. All are more reliable and better than new. Other people can do it right. Roush Racing or Ford Racing, who do you think has more experience at getting it right?

msdcobra@aol.com

Ford is trying to stop the release of the new 700HP Roush Supercharger Kit for the GT500. Ford Racing is mad because it will compete with their Whipple kit that they cannot seem to get out to market. I visited with both the Roush people at SEMA and the Ford Racing people at SEMA about this. The Ford Racing people were very nasty about it and whined that it just is not right. Easy answer , get your Sh?t together for once.

Ford should always be first to market with performance parts since they have the engines years before anyone else. I would fire my development team and get people that know what they are doing and how to get it to market. That would be good customer service, oh ya I forgot - we all know how bad they are at that. They wonder how they got hemselves in trouble - not to hard to figure out.

We need to put pressure on Ford to let Roush produce the kit. Let the customer base deside which one they want. I can tell you the Roush people were much more helpful and the polished supercharger looked good. I could not beleive the jerk they had at the Ford Racing booth - what a whiner. He acted like Ford Racing guys were the only game in town. Have you ever tried to get help from them? I have and it was such a pain.

The aftermarket always has to fix the Ford mess. We are just use to it. They never get it right out of the box. I have five Fords in my garage that I have built up. All are more reliable and better than new. Other people can do it right. Roush Racing or Ford Racing, who do you think has more experience at getting it right?

msdcobra@aol.com

Most customers of these GT500 beasts will not be adding a supercharger to them. The stock power plant is enough. If I had to guess, only 5% to 10% will change the supercharger.

I'm not a marketing expert - but wouldn't having so many versions of Shelby's running loose devalue the 500? Is the term, exclusivity? Isn't "collectability" based on how many are available? If so - perhaps it isn't yet time to call Barrett-Jackson.

Nah - it's probably just me.

Thats why they limited it to 1000 kits for exclusivity, I think the kit has some practical pieces in it and some that aren't so practical, But I'm sure every kit is already spoken for. I'm more in line of taking the pieces I like and letting the rest be the badging and stuff isn't really that important to me as it may be to others interested in consecutive numbering.

I personally think your Rufstang showcases what exclusivity should mean it has part of your own personal tastes added to make it unique and truly one of a kind and special to you. You can add all the body kits and badges you want its the personal connection that makes a car special not what kinda stuff you stick on it.

Just a humble opinion :D

:hysterical:

I was hoping for more... Given a choice between those and the red ones with the cobra that someone else posted on this board, I'll take the red ones. I think they were a third of the price too.

The are available from latemodelrestoration.com, and are about $72,

but hey don't include a trunk mat, which would add about the same

price again for a total of $140-150 range. I considered those mats too,

and I like the look, but I'll be ordering the ones from SA myself. All

things considered I don't think the price point is overly high. They are

shown though with beige racing stripes above and below his signature,

does anybody know if there will be different colours like red??? By the

way the Cobra ones from latemodel are available in red and black.

KingCobra.

post-1791-1162748845_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162748870_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162748938_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162749033_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162748845_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162748870_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162748938_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1162749033_thumb.jpg

Most customers of these GT500 beasts will not be adding a supercharger to them. The stock power plant is enough. If I had to guess, only 5% to 10% will change the supercharger.

Even if that is true, why is Ford trying so hard to stop Roush from coming out with his kit? There are three GT500s in our area now and all three of us want the new more efficient polished supercharger so I think the numbers will be higher once people see the performance difference. I put a Kenne Bell on my other Cobra and what a difference - night and day. We want it to perform like it has 500HP - see Viper and Z06 numbers compared to the Shelby in this months Motor Trend. I like the car, but it could have been much better with a little less weight and a better supercharger. The factory Eaton falls on its face at 5000 RPM. A Whipple or the newly engineered Roush/Eaton will not.

Off the shelf it is slower than the regular 400hp Corvette - mostly due to weight - which is another gripe I have with Ford. They could have done a lot better with that part. Yhey just do not sweat the details and that is what has them in the condition they are in - 6.0 Powerstroke for example - recall city on that one just for not doing their homework.

msdcobra@aol.com

:hysterical:

I was hoping for more... Given a choice between those and the red ones with the cobra that someone else posted on this board, I'll take the red ones. I think they were a third of the price too.

I'll be buying the red ones as well. They don't come with a trunk mat, but they are a 4 piece set with rear mats unlike the Shelby mats. The fact that I could buy three sets for less money is the extra bonus. I just won't pay $229 for a set of mats.

see Viper and Z06 numbers compared to the Shelby in this months Motor Trend.

I too read the motor trend article. Did you happen to look at the prices of the cars that the GT500 went up against ? Kind of spendy. The value is in the GT500 if you ask me.

Oh ya - I can live with the minus one second time in the 1/4 mile. :shades:

I will preface my comments with this...."THIS IS JUST MY OPINION"

I absolutely love my STOCK convertble GT500 as is from the factory...........

I think the look is simple and taseful, it has plenty of power for me, I dont plan on doing ny track days with it.

I wouldn't try to take certain corners or turns nearly as fast as I would in my Maserati or Merc either.....

This car is VERY true to it's roots and it's more fun to drive than any Porsche 911 I have ever owned including

a 2005 Carrera S......FUN......FUN.....FUN!!! That's what it's about for me. These cars are very special and I for one am just not interested and loosing any sleep because there might be something bigger and better on the horizon.

I will preface my comments with this...."THIS IS JUST MY OPINION"

I absolutely love my STOCK convertble GT500 as is from the factory...........

I think the look is simple and taseful, it has plenty of power for me, I dont plan on doing ny track days with it.

I wouldn't try to take certain corners or turns nearly as fast as I would in my Maserati or Merc either.....

This car is VERY true to it's roots and it's more fun to drive than any Porsche 911 I have ever owned including

a 2005 Carrera S......FUN......FUN.....FUN!!! That's what it's about for me. These cars are very special and I for one am just not interested and loosing any sleep because there might be something bigger and better on the horizon.

+1 I agree with your opinion. That is what I plan on doing with my car once I get it. :shades:

post-7579-1162785921_thumb.jpg

Ford Media/GT500 stuff

There is this...

"A trio of Shelby GT500s will be center stage at SEMA – a GT500 dragster, GT500 Road and Track and an all-out competition GT500 racecar."

And this :devil:

"40th Anniversary Shelby GT500 – One of only 1,000 conversions produced, this 40 th Anniversary Package GT500 celebrates all of the best in 40 years of Shelby performance. Exterior styling points include unique 40 th Anniversary badging and sequential number plates, while the interior sports unique Shelby touches such as the Shelby door handles with snakes." :sos:

Let the typing begin....

We need a smile that represents throwing a hand grenade...

Well, I just got from SEMA and I have a few pictures of the convertible that had the package and a picture of the option package. Check them out. Mr. Shelby was there signing autographs as well right in front of the 40th car.

I have to say, I left SEMA early to get my car and I really like the cars I saw there better. I think my wife is tired of picking the car apart. I cannot believe my car does not have special floor mats or at least a key chain. I also do not like the exhaust tips/the way the car sounds, or where they placed my Sirus antenna. I think I had to wait to long to get the car and then I went to SEMA and saw all those tricked out Shelbys so mine looks plain.

post-7579-1162786011_thumb.jpg

post-7579-1162785921_thumb.jpg

post-7579-1162786011_thumb.jpg

I just won't pay $229 for a set of mats.

This is getting rediculous. You pay extra for the car because his name is on it. Then you pay to have your glove box signed. Then you pay $229 for a set of mats that otherwise would cost $40. How much money are you willing to pay to have his name plastered all over your car.

I know the answer for me.

Dave

OK, This limited edition Shelby GT500 Package is going to be offered at the new Shelby plant in Las Vegas. This Pkg. has nothing to do with Ford unless you are a relative of Ford and then it may give you some connection to having your GT500 modified. You can get some further information by going to or calling 1-702-942-7325. I called yesterday and they got my name and number and said a sales associate would return my call about the 40th Anniversary Pkg. NO word yet, but will post when I here something. :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of tings to say:

the floor mats: $229. Pricey, yes, but the nicest f :censored: ing floor mats I've seen south of an Aston. Embroidered. Anyway, don't be insulted re: the 40th. The thing looks rippin', and that's the way I would do one up. JMO

Don't know if you 'heard' anything else. If I could sing this on this page, I would:

Can't wait 'till '08 :hyper: Can't wait 'till '08 :hyper: Can't wait 'till '08 :hyper: Can't wait 'till '08 :hyper: Can't wait 'till '08 :hyper: Can't wait 'till '08 :hyper: Can't wait 'till '08 :hyper:

:drop:

As is - $15k.

I can design your custom Mustang for you.

How fast? How much do you want to spend?

Elegance is simplicity. Less is more.

Tired of seeing another Roush, or Steeda, or Saleen coming at you?

Let me design your own Rufstang.

Set the standard. :shift:

We will Rock You.

How's that?

As is - $15k.

I can design your custom Mustang for you.

How fast? How much do you want to spend?

Elegance is simplicity. Less is more.

Tired of seeing another Roush, or Steeda, or Saleen coming at you?

Let me design your own Rufstang.

Set the standard. :shift:

We will Rock You.

How's that?

Wing man and business partner. How about Ruffmasters Limited Edition Stangs.

:idea: ...and the possey would be the RUF riders!

RUF and the RUF riders -- sounds like a '60s garage band :hysterical:

Look for their new CD Objects in Mirror are Losing next Tuesday in a store near you.

Tracks include....

Slammed His Door with the ol' 5.4

Gettin' My Kicks from a Sweet 4.6

Beware the RUFstang

Told My Bride We Gotta Ride

Groovin' to the Blower Whine

Lookin' for 6th at 146

Be Vewy vewy qwiet

Sure looks like a Sheep to Me

Four Months o' Spin and Still No VIN

Don't Wanna Drive no Jive C5

If TC's Off Don't Ride with Orf