TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500's at SEMA

JETSOLVER

Ford Media/GT500 stuff

There is this...

"A trio of Shelby GT500s will be center stage at SEMA – a GT500 dragster, GT500 Road and Track and an all-out competition GT500 racecar."

And this :devil:

"40th Anniversary Shelby GT500 – One of only 1,000 conversions produced, this 40 th Anniversary Package GT500 celebrates all of the best in 40 years of Shelby performance. Exterior styling points include unique 40 th Anniversary badging and sequential number plates, while the interior sports unique Shelby touches such as the Shelby door handles with snakes." :sos:

Let the typing begin....

We need a smile that represents throwing a hand grenade...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grenades my patootie, time to get out the big one, the glow in the night disaster, the isotope ice man, Fat Boys big one, The Mother of All Nukes, The Mushroom's mushroom, The Duke of Nuke.

Man, Cobra door handles? Sounds like a Detroit Pimps Car for Sports. 1 of 1000. You'll need more than that to fill supply and demand. Hello? McFly? Just what are you people thinking? :rant:

Ford Media/GT500 stuff

There is this...

"A trio of Shelby GT500s will be center stage at SEMA – a GT500 dragster, GT500 Road and Track and an all-out competition GT500 racecar."

"40th Anniversary Shelby GT500 – One of only 1,000 conversions produced, this 40 th Anniversary Package GT500 celebrates all of the best in 40 years of Shelby performance. Exterior styling points include unique 40 th Anniversary badging and sequential number plates, while the interior sports unique Shelby touches such as the Shelby door handles with snakes." :sos:

Let the typing begin....

JS,

What the ???

1 of 1,000?? I thought all of the 2007 Shelby's were 40th anniversary? What does this mean for the other 7000-8000 "non conversion" Shelby's?

Ford Media/GT500 stuff

There is this...

Let the typing begin....

Man, I wonder what that SE GT500 will go for. With only 1000 produced, the ADM will skyrocket. I wonder who on this site will get one 1st? :headscratch:

JS,

What the ???

1 of 1,000?? I thought all of the 2007 Shelby's were 40th anniversary? What does this mean for the other 7000-8000 "non conversion" Shelby's?

It means that Ford decided to take care of a few more friends( by definition, not most of us). Imagine the looks on the people who spent mucho dinero to keep it wrapped up as a collectors item. Still feel like your one of the lucky ones?(general, not specific, I think it sucks that they would do it again...)

I wonder if say a thousand or so GT500's suddenly flood the market as the fair weather fighters rush to try again.... :doh:

Ruff:

1. Get the Chopper, and jets.

2. Make sure all the weapons are loaded.

3. Make assignments for us all, and man - don't forget them this time - this is too importand.

4. Sober up - we need a leader.

5. Take that dam thong off, and put clean underwear on - remember what your mom told you !

6. uhh I forgot what 6 was, Can any of you fellows help with 6?

Ruff:

1. Get the Chopper, and jets.

2. Make sure all the weapons are loaded.

3. Make assignments for us all, and man - don't forget them this time - this is too importand.

4. Sober up - we need a leader.

5. Take that dam thong off, and put clean underwear on - remember what your mom told you !

6. uhh I forgot what 6 was, Can any of you fellows help with 6?

Stucky's pecan logs and a handful of M&M's each. And some of those little wee tiny pills they sell at truck stops, it's gonna be a long one.... :hysterical:

Stucky's pecan logs and a handful of M&M's each. And some of those little wee tiny pills they sell at truck stops, it's gonna be a long one.... :hysterical:

Ok Jet, thanks for getting me back on track.

Ruf: Stay focused man.

6. Stock the rigs with Stucky pecan logs and M&M's for Jet (get some gummy worms too please).

7. Bring the tiny red pills (get some of the extra big ones you sold to Dave).

8. Oh snap I lost my focus again :ohsnap:

Sure! Piss on my Parade, er, SHELBY Jet!!

piss2.gifauto.gif

Thanks you've made my Day, night, year...............................!! Must call dealer in the morning,..... :sos:

Wait, did they say Snakes on the Door Handles??? Ohhh Boy, now what does the car weight? ;)

Easy, easy, don't shoot the messenger!! You should know me well enough now that the last thing I want to see is an "edition :fan: " like this! Heck, I want mine minus all the Shelby logoing, and this car is just gonna PO more people than they could possibly sell it to. I have no idea who is in marketing, but I think this is a shot to the foot for sure. Betcha it gets lots of rag press at first and lots of calls to Ford reps the continent over saying WTF? Like it or not, a very large numbers of these cars are bought for cache and not use. And this is gonna grow legs, mark my words....

Where did this come from? I didn't see it on the link you posted from Ford... say it aint so (so to speak)!

Conversion performed by whom??

Jetsolver, come in Jetsolver!

OH s :censored: t!!!!!!!

We're not talking 4oth Anniversary conversion packages to add on to my car,

we're talking 40th Anniversary model Shelby GT500s. Well..........................

If that's the case, I know this is a Ford offering and not one from Shelby Autos,

because it doesn't make any sense. I put my money on the table a year and a

half ago, I never got offered one??? :rant::censored::fan:

KingCobra.

OH s :censored: t!!!!!!!

We're not talking 4oth Anniversary conversion packages to add on to my car,

we're talking 40th Anniversary model Shelby GT500s. Well..........................

If that's the case, I know this is a Ford offering and not one from Shelby Autos,

because it doesn't make any sense. I put my money on the table a year and a

half ago, I never got offered one??? :rant::censored::fan:

KingCobra.

I don't believe it. I don't think that Ford is that stupid....

This would be the equivilent of taking a GIANT s**t on everyone who couldn't get one and I don't think Ford would do that. I could see them maybe doing it to all of the gt500's for that model year but I can't see them producing just 1000 of them and fueling the fire that is already brewing over this car.

I would call B.S. on this one but I read it with my own blurry eyes.

I'm betting that this is another FORD offering, by way of Shelby Automobiles Inc, just as the Shelby GT and GT-H are. My reasoning is based on the Ford Media statement that reads, "One of only 1,000 conversions produced". Conversion means built at Flatrock and Modified in, ahem, Las Vegas by Shelby Automobiles??! :unsure:

Amy B?

Where did this come from? I didn't see it on the link you posted from Ford... say it aint so (so to speak)!

Conversion performed by whom??

Jetsolver, come in Jetsolver!

Its buried half way down that press release, c'mon, I thought you were one of the good ones who READ all the words... :poke:

And it is in the Ford press release so I'll assume its Ford sanctioned if not entirely Ford. Either way its a thing....

Its buried half way down that press release, c'mon, I thought you were one of the good ones who READ all the words... :poke:

And it is in the Ford press release so I'll assume its Ford sanctioned if not entirely Ford. Either way its a thing....

Sorry JETSOLVER, I found it.

I guess I need to look into getting some glasses.

And if you'll excuse me I need to get me some tissue ... :cry:

I had no idea they made 7014 Boss 302's

in 1970 they did but they were NOT the 302 Windsor! Block was windsor style but heads and intake were not as they were 4v Cleveland Style heads with a matching intake specific for Boss 302 only.

If it was done at SA its gotta be more fluff/puff instead of go.

in 1970 they did but they were NOT the 302 Windsor! Block was windsor style but heads and intake were not as they were 4v Cleveland Style heads with a matching intake specific for Boss 302 only.

If it was done at SA its gotta be more fluff/puff instead of go.

And 1628 in 1969. That Boss was nicer looking but the 1970 a better driver with more colors, like Grabberrrrrrrrr.

Yes, I tend to agree that this is what SA has been waiting to announce. "Conversion" to me means Ford will produce it and then SA will finish them off with their Badgings, ID Plates etc. and sell them as "genuine" Shelby's.

But of course I fully expect SA to offer some or all of this package "aftermarket" to Ford GT500 owners so "they" can cash in and you can then own a "genuine" Shelby GT500.

Here is another article that provides a little more detail...

GT500 40th anniversary edition

Yes, I tend to agree that this is what SA has been waiting to announce. "Conversion" to me means Ford will produce it and then SA will finish them off with their Badgings, ID Plates etc. and sell them as "genuine" Shelby's. Perhaps this is what the stink over letting us into the "genuine" Shelby forum and the Genuine Shelby registry was all about (waiting for the SA GT500's to arrive). :angry2:

"If" this is the case then :censored::fan:

But of course I fully expect SA to offer some or all of this package "aftermarket" to Ford GT500 owners so "they" can cash in and you can then own a "genuine" Shelby GT500.

"If" this is the case, we've all been duped!

Yep, it appears I was indeed right!

If looks could kill:

The 40th Anniversary Limited Edition package includes a host of components to let others know that something special is prowling the streets. On the menacing outside components include carbon fiber lower front fascia splitter and mirror covers; aluminum hood grille inserts; deck lid SHELBY letter kit; sequential tail lamps; front and rear brake duct kits; Anniversary stripe package (convertible models); special optional 20" American Racing Shelby Razor wheels and various 40th Anniversary badging including side, grille and trunk badges.

Inside there is a consecutively numbered dash plaque, special 40th Anniversary Shelby door sill plates with consecutive number; floor mats; Shelby snake door handles; center dash mounted gauge cluster with three Carroll Shelby/Autometer carbon fiber gauges (boost, oil and fuel pressure); 40th Anniversary arm rest cover and for convertibles a light bar with solenoid activated light system.

The engine bay receives a consecutive number plate authenticating the package and installation from SAI and special billet aluminum caps and covers for power steering, radiator, brake master cylinder, windshield washer fluid bottle and oil dip stick.

Backing it up:

With 500 horsepower out of the gate, the Shelby GT500 can run like no other pony that ever grazed a field. The 40th Anniversary Package ups the ante with additional power by utilizing the Shelby Signature Borla exhaust system. The cat-back system is designed to maximize power and give a nice robust "big-block" sound.

Getting the power to the ground is one thing. Being able to utilize what you want when going into the corners is another. One key element to the 40th Anniversary package is the new Shelby/Eibach suspension upgrade for GT500. This new coil over systems allows for adjustability for both straight line and road course tracks. The new spring/shock combination lowers the front a maximum of 0.8-inch and the rear 1.6-inches for a very aggressive appearance and lower center of gravity. In addition bigger anti-way bars are included for reduced body roll. The result is flat precise cornering without a harsh ride.

That's quite a lot to buy off ePay. Remeber those rumors about the upgraded suspension coming??? Well, here it is!

Have 'ya ever felt you were the "BUTT" of a really BAD JOKE???

...deck lid SHELBY letter kit...

Wait! So SA is going to remove the letters from the left side and place them across the full length of the decklid? This also tells me that CS didn't like the left side placement since the Shelby GT's have the letters across the back as well.

Funny that they call it a kit since the cars come with the letters anway. The "kit" must be the tube of glue used to re-affix them across the back. :hysterical:

Archived