TEAM SHELBY FORUM

my Shelby and my fastback side by side

kahmann

I finally got the rear end put together on my fastback this weekend.

Tonight, I rolled the car for the first time in months from the center of the garage to the far right, so I can finally get my Shelby parked in there too.

Anyway, I thought these pics turned out pretty cool, so I thought I'd post some of them here.

Ken

post-20883-1231830644_thumb.jpg

post-20883-1231830657_thumb.jpg

post-20883-1231830671_thumb.jpg

post-20883-1231830678_thumb.jpg

post-20883-1231830644_thumb.jpg

post-20883-1231830657_thumb.jpg

post-20883-1231830671_thumb.jpg

post-20883-1231830678_thumb.jpg

Looks great. My garage looks similar. A '70 Mach 1 next to an '04 Mach 1! Right now they are both nestled under car covers for the winter though! :)

Very cool, I love the contrast between the old and the new.. Do you have any photos of the 2 together?

Ken

Very cool, I love the contrast between the old and the new.. Do you have any photos of the 2 together?

Ken

I wish I did, but the two of them just got together recently this past year for only a few weeks before they got the covers put on them for the winter. I'll be sure to share some photos this spring when the snow melts and the temperature warms up! :)

• 3 weeks later...
nice cars......isn't the size diff amazing. The first time I parked my SGT beside my 67 I was dumbfounded how much bigger the SGT was than the 67.

Chris

Yeah definitely. I thought the same thing.

I really never thought much of the 66 being so small, until I bought the SGT!

So Kahmann if that's your garage, where do you keep all your junk? You know, tools, rakes, brooms, engine hoists and all that other stuff that seems to clutter up my garage :(

Alan

So Kahmann if that's your garage, where do you keep all your junk? You know, tools, rakes, brooms, engine hoists and all that other stuff that seems to clutter up my garage :(

Alan

I'm an organizing freak, actually. The entire left wall of the garage (in the pics) is where all of my tool chests, work bench, and storage cabinets are.

On the right, I've got a dandy little collection of Mustang die-casts covering 5 or 6 shelves. Then all of my lawn tools and brooms are hanging up in the corner.

The bicycles and lawnmower are in my side yard in a small shed. My biggest problem has always been trying to hang on to too many OEM parts from my fastback and now too many take off parts from my SGT! I've slowly started auctioning that stuff off, to make room for more walking room in my garage. ;)

Ken

p.s. In the 1st pic, you can just barely see the top of my engine hoist in front of the fastback. Behind that you'll find my golf clubs and snowboards tucked next to the hot water heater!

Ken,

That is a nice collection of cars!!! I, too, have a '65 Fastback, but haven't taken a picture of them together. Too busy working on one or the other, no time for a photo op. There isn't room in my garage for both of them, either, as the '641/2 Convertible sits next to the '65 Fastback. So, the Shelby sits outside. It's ok, it's our daily driver... :shift:

Gary

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished washing my Shelby and took the opportunity to snap a few pics of it shined up. I didn't really think it was necessary to start a NEW thread, just for some run of the mill pics of my car, so I'm tossing them in here. :)

Ken

DSC03987.jpg

DSC04026.jpg

DSC03996.jpg

DSC04013.jpg

DSC04022.jpg

Thanks a great sight.. I'm really jealous.

This is the best I can come up with for now.

Seriously YOU are jealous of what I've got?! LOL

Your 65 will blow the doors off my 66. I'm definitely going to need to take a trip back to Sonoma once it's done, just to hear it! :shift:

But thanks anyway. I really dig the wheels you put on yours. They look great.

Ken

• 5 weeks later...

Archived