TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Rear Photo of the new 2010 GT500

Grabber

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO, looks like someone shoved it up the arse. And what's with the tail lights of varying sizes? The 2007-2009 body shell is much "cleaner" all the way around.

Thanks for the nice comment on the car!

Grabber, Have you seen all of these?

10shelbygt500_30_hr.jpg

10shelbygt500_33_hr.jpg

10shelbygt500_40_hr.jpg

10shelbygt500_48_hr.jpg

Sorry, But think the entire back end is downright ugly. Maybe in person it will look different but may be the reason they cut off the back end pics? It looks like the tail lights should be headlights, add a grille and back up whereever you go

The GT500 front is ok, the GT is downright ugly, the v-6 front not so bad but still ugly.

I love the rear of the '10 Mustang,it looks new edgy,i never cared for the rear of the '05-09. I glad the Shelby has a pretty backside,it's the view most people will see.

"BUTT UGLY"???????????????? :hysterical:

grabber, thought I might add this one, since the rear views are few and far between,here is linkhttp://www.autoblog.com/photos/detroit-2009-2010-shelby-gt500-live/1281535/

Sweeeet! I heard the Grabber Blue with Red Stripes was Carroll's favorite, but I could not wrap my mind around it. Picture has got me thinking?

What do you think Grabber?

Sweeeet! I heard the Grabber Blue with Red Stripes was Carroll's favorite, but I could not wrap my mind around it. Picture has got me thinking?

What do you think Grabber?

Banana,

The Grabber Blue With White Stripes is sweet looking. The Red clashes.

I brightened it up a little, so you can see the rear better, still looks ugly. The tail pipes look the same as the ones that came on our 07-09's, just a straight piece of metal pipe, only bigger :barf:.

3189662075_7d29b5353f_o.jpg

I brightened it up a little, so you can see the rear better, still looks ugly. The tail pipes look the same as the ones that came on our 07-09's, just a straight piece of metal pipe, only bigger :barf:.

3189662075_7d29b5353f_o.jpg

Wonder if the S H E L B Y lettering will remain spaced across the trunk? The third brake light is a little different. Looks as the center cap has changed. The wheels have strayed from Old School Shelby and the fender flairs have been toned down.

I like the design of the 007-09 body over the 10. I think the 10 looks good but would not buy one over an 07-09. From what I've read the interior is nicer.

I don't mind the back end....interior is MUCH nicer, but look at the difference between the projector and regular headlichts. It looks like the signal lights are in a different spot in the headlight bezel with the two lights. It may be a small detail, but I actually don't thnk that I like the look of the the projector lights.

Guest markham51
:doh:

Rob,

The more I see the 2010... the better it looks! Overall I think it looks more agressive. It will be interesting to see how it handles. The interior in my opinion is much improved. Ill probably trade the convert provided I dont get skinned or cant sell it privately for a decent price.

I agree Mark. The car is awesome looking.

I really like the look of the factory "true" Cold Air Intake. The look is very clean and the SVT logo around the CAI filter boot looks very cool. The CAI factory duct that brings cold air in from the front grill is engineered very well. Ford's engineers did a good job routing the air from the front grill.

th_2010shelbygt500side.jpg

th_BlackBeltTest190.jpg

th_Sanserson20Ford_0130.jpg

th_Sanserson20Ford_0113.jpg

I'll have to admit the first photos of the '10 didn't impress me, but it's grown on me since. I certainly like the current body style better, but refrain from calling the new one "butt ugly" . Over the years, I've come to accept the "evolution" of Mustang body styles. I don't know if many or any of you were around when the 64 1/2 hit the streets. We were enthralled, then the 67-68 body change prompted cries of "butt ugly" I'm sure--especially with tail lights that CAVED IN! When the 69's were released people gasped--a Mustang with 4 head lights, how stupid! And that goofy little scoop up on the shoulder of the 1/4 panel. In 70 both of those got dropped but in 71 we got the biggest of them all--it was a boat (I had a 72 convertible)--compared to the previous years models. Most Mustang folks don't even talk about the Mustang IIs, but it kept the name alive.....from the Fox bodies--with a bare hint of Mustang heritage to the current body style....it just keeps changing, appealing to a new host of buyers with every single reincarnation of itself. My favorite body style was and still is the 67-68. When I saw the first pics of the 05's I was smitten. I drove a 64 1/2 289 4V coupe to college, drove a 72 351C 4V convertible for 9 years, put 120k on a 92 5.0 5 speed LX convertible. I'm VERY happy with my 07. But I can see the 10's and beyond being a big hit too.......nice look, nice evolution of the design, cool car. Nuf said.

Guys,

I am on the verge of ordering the 2010 and have a deal at under MSRP but I cannot get comfortable with all the plastic on this car. I really wanted red with black strips but do not like some of the photos from the Detroit Auto Show. I am now considering the Sterling Gray with black stripes because I think that color will blend in better with the plactic and the gun metal wheels....but that is not my first color choice....this is killing me...would love to see one in person.

Guys,

I am on the verge of ordering the 2010 and have a deal at under MSRP but I cannot get comfortable with all the plastic on this car. I really wanted red with black strips but do not like some of the photos from the Detroit Auto Show. I am now considering the Sterling Gray with black stripes because I think that color will blend in better with the plactic and the gun metal wheels....but that is not my first color choice....this is killing me...would love to see one in person.

Here's a couple "real life"photos to help you make your decision.

Click to enlarge.

th_user1_pic513_1231906877.jpg

th_user1_pic524_1231907105.jpg

th_user1_pic525_1231907105.jpg

th_Sanserson20Ford_0124.jpg

Archived