TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY HOOD PINS

richard m.switzer

605948_R1_01_0A.jpgI thought this might help some of the reads ,,its a easy fix that will last a long time, on the Shelby hood pins,,that come apart at the ends ,,,just trying to help :dance:845163_R1_11_10A.jpg what I did was remove the broken clear peace and then cut and put to size ,black electrical heat shrink wrap around the area of were the old clear peace was,,you can use a cig- lighter to heat the shrink wrap down to the size needed for a good fit,,,I put two layers on mine and it worked out just fine,

845163_R1_11_10A.jpg

605948_R1_01_0A.jpg

605948_R1_01_0A.jpgI thought this might help some of the reads ,,its a easy fix that will last a long time, on the Shelby hood pins,,that come apart at the ends ,,,just trying to help :dance:845163_R1_11_10A.jpg what I did was remove the broken clear peace and then cut and put to size ,black electrical heat shrink wrap around the area of were the old clear peace was,,you can use a cig- lighter to heat the shrink wrap down to the size needed for a good fit,,,I put two layers on mine and it worked out just fine,

I can't see what you're talking about, this pics are really blurry. Since these are still under warranty I'm also not sure why you would bother at this point. :headscratch:

Hmm, the pics are a little blurry. But I figured it out as soon as I saw them.

And as far as the "warranty" goes, No Ford dealer anywhere is touching my car for something as simple as repairing the hood pin lanyards. You'll spend more time dealing with the run around than it takes to actually fix the thing.

also the electrical heat shrink wrap come in also red ,yellow and blue,,,not just black,,and cost under $ 5.00 dollars at your Auto Parts Store,,,just trying to help, :dance::dance:

845163_R1_11_10A.jpg

605948_R1_01_0A.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Hmm, the pics are a little blurry. But I figured it out as soon as I saw them.

And as far as the "warranty" goes, No Ford dealer anywhere is touching my car for something as simple as repairing the hood pin lanyards. You'll spend more time dealing with the run around than it takes to actually fix the thing.

+1 on the warranty issue. The Shelby metal plaque came apart on my drivers side floor mat because the pins that go thru the mat weren't flaired enough to hang on to the backing plate. I tried the dealer thing but nobody could or would take the time to go thru the Shelby warranty. They are the same dealer that said I needed special oil because of the supercharger on ALL SGTs!. :headscratch: My S/C is only on my wish list. I contacted SAI and was told this needed to go thru the dealer. :banghead: I knew what I had to do.

Enter 2 C clamps, two small blocks of wood and Gorilla Glue. Problem solved. Granted I had to wait 24 hrs for the glue to set but it was time well spent :tequila: :party: :beerchug:

+1 on the warranty issue. The Shelby metal plaque came apart on my drivers side floor mat because the pins that go thru the mat weren't flaired enough to hang on to the backing plate. I tried the dealer thing but nobody could or would take the time to go thru the Shelby warranty. They are the same dealer that said I needed special oil because of the supercharger on ALL SGTs!. :headscratch: My S/C is only on my wish list. I contacted SAI and was told this needed to go thru the dealer. :banghead: I knew what I had to do.

Enter 2 C clamps, two small blocks of wood and Gorilla Glue. Problem solved. Granted I had to wait 24 hrs for the glue to set but it was time well spent :tequila: :party: :beerchug:

huh? We're talking about the hood pins! You just pick up the package and replace them yourself! It's what I did! This is a known issue with some of the sets and the fix is to get ones that don't have this issue.

Good for a post warranty repair but why you would put the effort into this when you can get a new set is... :headscratch:

huh? We're talking about the hood pins! You just pick up the package and replace them yourself! It's what I did! This is a known issue with some of the sets and the fix is to get ones that don't have this issue.

Good for a post warranty repair but why you would put the effort into this when you can get a new set is... :headscratch:

I'm just saying my experience with dealers and warranties leaves a lot to be desired regardless of the item in question.

post-12534-1231606605_thumb.jpgI thought this might help some of the reads ,,its a easy fix that will last a long time, on the Shelby hood pins,,that come apart at the ends ,,,just trying to help :dance:post-12534-1231606562_thumb.jpg what I did was remove the broken clear peace and then cut and put to size ,black electrical heat shrink wrap around the area of were the old clear peace was,,you can use a cig- lighter to heat the shrink wrap down to the size needed for a good fit,,,I put two layers on mine and it worked out just fine,

Richard, good fix. If you have any other problems with rusty lanyards or pins that need replacing contact Keith at

kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com

He'll send replacement hood pins no questions asked. They've had a bad run or 2 and was very helpful. Hope this helps

Jim

Richard, good fix. If you have any other problems with rusty lanyards or pins that need replacing contact Keith at

kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com

He'll send replacement hood pins no questions asked. They've had a bad run or 2 and was very helpful. Hope this helps

Jim

Thanks for the contact info. I have the same problem, plus. I picked up my car in Denver from a dealer on Jan 23rd of this year and was driving it home to So Cal. The pins didn't/don't close properly and latch like they should and came undone. They actually made marks on my hood and bumper from rubbing. It wasn't until my first stop about an hour into the drive when I noticed this, and used some tape for a temp fix. After I got home I went to a local dealer and am in the process of filing a claim. Hopefully it won't take too long for a positive resolution.

Archived