TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007-133 GT-H Documents missing

marcro

Hello everyone,

I have a local Ford Dealer who has this car for sale but it is missing the Ford window sticker, Hertz package, any paperwork etc. All you get is the car. How hard is it to find this stuff? Does Hertz keep it? Does it go with the car when auctioned off? Can you still get anything from Shelby or Hertz or even Ford for that matter? The car is very nice although overpriced at 55K. I hate to buy something when all this neat stuff is missing (that may be quite valuable years from now).

Any thoughts?

The 06, when you register with Shelby if you are the first owner they will send you paperwork etc. Hertz does the same thing. Look on the GTH site, Steve from Hertz is the contact. I would think the 07 is the same way.

So find out if you will be the first private owner, if so you be able to get the documentation.

Hello everyone,

I have a local Ford Dealer who has this car for sale but it is missing the Ford window sticker, Hertz package, any paperwork etc. All you get is the car. How hard is it to find this stuff? Does Hertz keep it? Does it go with the car when auctioned off? Can you still get anything from Shelby or Hertz or even Ford for that matter? The car is very nice although overpriced at 55K. I hate to buy something when all this neat stuff is missing (that may be quite valuable years from now).

Any thoughts?

Thanks, I'm pretty sure that up here in Canada the dealer has to put it in his name before he sells it (so the government gets their tax etc) so that would make them the the 'first owner'. I guess they would have to do all this then. And they dont seem to helpful.

I will contact Hertz and see what they can do.

Mark

I hope that Hertz can help you out. With the 06's yes Hertz kept all the paperwork until the first registered owner contacted them, however, with almost every 07 that I have seen, Hertz put the paperwork with the car before they went to auction so that they didn't have to keep track of it. So good luck. I hope you find it.

I hope that Hertz can help you out. With the 06's yes Hertz kept all the paperwork until the first registered owner contacted them, however, with almost every 07 that I have seen, Hertz put the paperwork with the car before they went to auction so that they didn't have to keep track of it. So good luck. I hope you find it.

Thanks Jeff,

I just emailed Roger at Shelby we'll see where that goes. Do you know what website Harald is referencing for the contact named 'Steve' at Hertz? I have looked on the forum and cannot find this info (i'm new at this 'chat/forum' stuff so I hope you guys will bear with me).

I guess if Hertz put it in the car and its not there now its probably someone's souvenier!

Mark

See this thread. There is contact info for Steve at Hertz. I'm not sure if he is still involved in this stuff, but you can give him a try. You also have to prove that you own the car before they will send anything out, but at least he might be able to tell you if they have it or not.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...10&hl=steve

See this thread. There is contact info for Steve at Hertz. I'm not sure if he is still involved in this stuff, but you can give him a try. You also have to prove that you own the car before they will send anything out, but at least he might be able to tell you if they have it or not.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...10&hl=steve

Thanks Jeff, I have just emailed Steve and I will post once he gets back to me if any of the 2007 stuff is available even if its not for this car.

Mark, also register with Shelby. If nothing else, you can get that paper work. I would think that the dealer did not register the car in the registery.

Good luck.

Hi guys,

Both Steve and Roger were super fast supplying me with info. I found out that the car was bought/registered once before in NY and have the contact info for him to see if they documents are still laying around. And info on all the stuff I can get from Shelby directly.

Many thanks to all!!! We'll see if the dealer wants to 'play ball' on the price!!!

Hi guys,

Both Steve and Roger were super fast supplying me with info. I found out that the car was bought/registered once before in NY and have the contact info for him to see if they documents are still laying around. And info on all the stuff I can get from Shelby directly.

Many thanks to all!!! We'll see if the dealer wants to 'play ball' on the price!!!

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Re: no documents for 133 GT-H.

Mark,

I am the manager and buyer for the local Canadian dealer that is selling the 133 GTH. I purchased the car in Pennsylvania for the dealership myself. I imported the car and handled every document related to that transaction myself. I know exactly where the car came from, and it was registered with Shelby the day it landed here. I have every single piece of documentation for that car, including the Factory Window Sticker. We also replaced the original Shelby stripe kit with a brand new original Shelby stripe kit. Also replaced were the chrome hood pins and grill emblem. All of the above were ordered directly from Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas. The wheels were removed and sent to the company that does our Factory Authorized warranty on new wheels. The reason for this was minor scuffs on the outer bands, as this car was, of course, a rental. I have personally viewed over 25 of these cars that were for sale last year, and I can tell you that it is one of the cleanest and most original units available... anywhere. This dealership sold 3 other Shelby's last year that were pre-owned. They were all equally as well documented and absolutely perfect in every way.

If there are any further questions or concerns regarding this car, they can be directed to ME.

Randy Winterle

Sales Manager

Oak-land Ford Lincoln Sales

Oakville, Ontario

Canada.

Re: no documents for 133 GT-H.

Mark,

I am the manager and buyer for the local Canadian dealer that is selling the 133 GTH. I purchased the car in Pennsylvania for the dealership myself. I imported the car and handled every document related to that transaction myself. I know exactly where the car came from, and it was registered with Shelby the day it landed here. I have every single piece of documentation for that car, including the Factory Window Sticker. We also replaced the original Shelby stripe kit with a brand new original Shelby stripe kit. Also replaced were the chrome hood pins and grill emblem. All of the above were ordered directly from Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas. The wheels were removed and sent to the company that does our Factory Authorized warranty on new wheels. The reason for this was minor scuffs on the outer bands, as this car was, of course, a rental. I have personally viewed over 25 of these cars that were for sale last year, and I can tell you that it is one of the cleanest and most original units available... anywhere. This dealership sold 3 other Shelby's last year that were pre-owned. They were all equally as well documented and absolutely perfect in every way.

If there are any further questions or concerns regarding this car, they can be directed to ME.

Randy Winterle

Sales Manager

Oak-land Ford Lincoln Sales

Oakville, Ontario

Canada.

Hi Randy,

When I viewed the car a month ago the used car salesman said there were no documents with the car and when a new car salesman came by and overheard our conversation he also stated that they had none of the paperwork for the car either. They did explain the paint/cosmetic work that was done to to the car, typical of it being a rental. I will agree that the car is in very nice condition and shows near new. So do you have the original window sticker from Ford as well or just the Shelby paperwork/sticker, etc? What other documents do you have that go with the car as I am still interested. Its too bad I was mis-informed by the staff. It would have saved some time.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

I am sorry there was some mis-communication as to what documentation we had on the car. Typically any questions regarding that car were brought my way. I may have not been here on the day you were here.

I have every single piece of paper that pertains to that car, including the original glossy window sticker. I have the original invoice from Shelby Automobiles for the upfit from stock to Shelby.

That particular car was bought in a lot of 12 GT-H converts. by an individual in New York Many of these cars were sold in Pkg's. His intention was to sell the 11 highest mileage cars to make enough to cover his own to keep, being the nicest of the 12. This car was one of the final two in his possession. My understanding was he had his money back after the 9th car. A couple of that lot went to Europe and Australia. At the end of the day this was one of the cleanest and lowest mileage cars he had. I had looked at many of these cars last year as I frequented the US auctions on a regular basis. Some of the Shelby's I saw were a little on the tough side, to say the least. I'm sure after they were re-worked they may have turned into somewhat nicer looking cars. A lot of brokers had bought these cars and re-painted the faded gold stripes on them, which is nice, but not original. The chrome hood locks were typically destroyed because people would hit the hood release without disengaging them. They would chip and because of the proximity to the battery the sulpher would rust them beyond repair. Easier to get aftermarket ones at the local parts shop. We replaced anything that was not perfect with the original Shelby component to keep that car 100% original. I have the bills from Shelby Automobiles to show that.

I'm not sure what else I can possibly tell you. I have pictures of that car coming across the border on a load of cars that I had purchased down there at the time. I had them place that car in the middle of the load between a Lincoln Navigator and an F350 so that there was no damage to the car on the way up.

We are a family owned Ford/Lincoln dealer that has been in business in a large but very tight -knit community for almost 40 years. Our Pre- owned vehicles of any kind are top notch. We have a very good reputation.

The only person to drive that car here was myself for about 2 km's, the technician that did the mechanical inspection, and the owner of the dealership for maybe a few hundred km's. How much better than that can it get?

Randy

Good job Randy. It's pretty odd to find a dealer who actually knows these cars pretty well and does the right thing when bringing them back up to snuff. I hope you guys can come to an agreement and make a deal. There were a lot of rough 07 converts out there in the auctions that I went to. Sounds like this one is pretty nice. Good luck.

Mark,

I am sorry there was some mis-communication as to what documentation we had on the car. Typically any questions regarding that car were brought my way. I may have not been here on the day you were here.

I have every single piece of paper that pertains to that car, including the original glossy window sticker. I have the original invoice from Shelby Automobiles for the upfit from stock to Shelby.

That particular car was bought in a lot of 12 GT-H converts. by an individual in New York Many of these cars were sold in Pkg's. His intention was to sell the 11 highest mileage cars to make enough to cover his own to keep, being the nicest of the 12. This car was one of the final two in his possession. My understanding was he had his money back after the 9th car. A couple of that lot went to Europe and Australia. At the end of the day this was one of the cleanest and lowest mileage cars he had. I had looked at many of these cars last year as I frequented the US auctions on a regular basis. Some of the Shelby's I saw were a little on the tough side, to say the least. I'm sure after they were re-worked they may have turned into somewhat nicer looking cars. A lot of brokers had bought these cars and re-painted the faded gold stripes on them, which is nice, but not original. The chrome hood locks were typically destroyed because people would hit the hood release without disengaging them. They would chip and because of the proximity to the battery the sulpher would rust them beyond repair. Easier to get aftermarket ones at the local parts shop. We replaced anything that was not perfect with the original Shelby component to keep that car 100% original. I have the bills from Shelby Automobiles to show that.

I'm not sure what else I can possibly tell you. I have pictures of that car coming across the border on a load of cars that I had purchased down there at the time. I had them place that car in the middle of the load between a Lincoln Navigator and an F350 so that there was no damage to the car on the way up.

We are a family owned Ford/Lincoln dealer that has been in business in a large but very tight -knit community for almost 40 years. Our Pre- owned vehicles of any kind are top notch. We have a very good reputation.

The only person to drive that car here was myself for about 2 km's, the technician that did the mechanical inspection, and the owner of the dealership for maybe a few hundred km's. How much better than that can it get?

Randy

Thanks Randy,

It was a Saturday when I was down so maybe you were not there. I appreciate the honesty and it seems that you have what I was looking for. I will call you directly in the next few days once I dig out from all this snow. The car is exactly what you say it is and I am interested, as always it comes down to price. The nice thing for me of course is that you are 15 minutes away. Is there still factory warranty left even though its a US vehicle, now in Canada?

Mark

Archived