TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCCA Solo !! Classification

sprint200

If you are thinking about competeing at the Regional or National levels of Solo II with this car you might want to reconsider.

Because of the vented hood and the new rear gears even the base Terlingua will be classified as Street Modified. In this category the engine and driveline are "unrestricted" (without a supercharger, you'd be pissing in the wind). Also, based on the engine displacement, the minimum weight for our cars would be 2,800# so you're carrying at least 400 extra pounds (500 with the s/c).

I'm asking my local club if I can participate in Street Prepared E, but they may say no :baby:

What odd about this is that Shelby GT's can run in F Stock, in spite of their mods over a Mustang GT.

By the same reasoning, why can't stock Terlinquas then also run in a stock class? Maybe because they are so few of them, whereas Shelby GT's were more like "production" vehicles in greater numbers.

It will be interesting to see what sort of e.t.'s they post alongside Shelby GT's on the same course.

What odd about this is that Shelby GT's can run in F Stock, in spite of their mods over a Mustang GT.

By the same reasoning, why can't stock Terlinquas then also run in a stock class? Maybe because they are so few of them, whereas Shelby GT's were more like "production" vehicles in greater numbers.

It will be interesting to see what sort of e.t.'s they post alongside Shelby GT's on the same course.

The SGT's were pre-title conversions that were sold through the normal Ford dealership network and more than 1,000 were made.

SCCA will look at the Terlingua as if you took the car to any old speed shop and modified it; even if "Ol' Shel" himself turned the wrenches as it were..........at least that's the unofficial response I've received from a national officer.

I too am curious to compare times on same course same day (ideally same driver, but..........). The SGT will have more HP than the n/a V6 but the Terlingua should be lighter and a tad more nimble. Then there's the s/c versions of both..........

Archived