TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Bullitt.

Dig-It

I need to replace the 2000 V6 convertible daily driver. With Ford's employee discount pricing going on right now '08 and '09 Mustangs are looking really good right now. So I set out to find another Shelby GT to drive everyday. One good turn deserves another, right? However, I soon found out that employee discount pricing doesn't apply to Shelby's of any flavor. But they do apply to Bullitts.

I found a 2009 Bullitt with security group (active anti-theft and locking lug nuts) and HID's as the only options (that's all I would want for my daily driver) for $29,681.41 after discount from $33,380 MSRP. Since I originally set out looking for another SGT and Bullitts only get a "tuned" suspension and aluminum shifter knob, I had the salesman add the FRPP handling pkg (sans strut tower bar) and short throw shifter to the deal. It added $2101 including labor. After subtracting $3000 for my 2000 Mustang with 94,000 miles in ok condition the deal looks like this:

+ $29,681.41 2009 Mustang Bullitt

+ $2,101 FRPP Handling Pkg and short throw shifter, installed

+ $1441.00 for tax (3% in VA), tag, title and dealer prep

- $3000 2000 Mustang convertible in ok condition with 94K miles as trade in

= $30,223.41 out the door

I know the dealer's still making money, but I don't feel all that bad about the numbers. What do you all think? How much better could I do?

I really like driving our Bullitt. Handles much better than my GT500's. I have been considering buying another just for a driver "but not in salt" You have to get the Bullitt thing to understand, it's a great car just understated!

Buy It.

Steve

I went with my Dad two weekends ago and with A LOT of haggling, we were able to drop the price beyond the 'Employee Pricing Plus' by adding more to the trade-in. We told them we need more off to close the deal and we were able to add more to the trade-in. That said, it was on a 2008 they wanted to get rid of, but was exactly what we were looking for. A dealer might not be as willing on a 2009 Bullitt. It is a great time to be buying a car if you need one!

Did it. Dig it. See sig.

I hope you like it! I have been trying to convince the wife I need a driver Mustang. There are 3 or Bullitts in my area brand new. It kills me to see them sitting out in the snow! No luck with the wife...yet!

Have fun!

Steve

Thanks guys. The Bullitt's a blast to drive.

Forums like these are awesome. I've been hanging out at the International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club (IMBOC) forums since I first thought about buying a Bullitt. Thanks to the great folks on that forum, I got a much better deal than the one in my first post.

+ $29,100 2008 Mustang Bullitt with 13 miles on the odometer (MSRP $32,800)

+ $1,400 ESP 7 year / 100K miles bumper to bumper warranty

+ $1,440 for tax (3% in VA), tag, title and dealer prep

- $2,500 in rebates

- $3,700 for my 2000 Mustang convertible in ok condition with 94K miles as trade in

= $25,800 out the door

So just by reading the threads over there and talking with them, I was able to save about $4,600 on top of the $3,800 off MSRP due to Ford's Employee Discount Pricing currently in effect.

Thanks guys. It's a blast to drive.

Love the stealth look.

Very nice indeed.

I love the stealth look too. The only "Ponies" are in the center caps of the wheels, it doesn't say "Mustang" anywhere, and "Bullitt" only appears on the faux gas cap and the center cap of the steering wheel.

The only "problem" is that everyone notices it because of the color!

Archived