TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member...Serial Shelby owner. (KR Convertible)

rbbmoose

Hello - new member here... A longtime Shelby owner.

When I purchased our first Shelby 1968 GT500KR (3222) convertible in December 1987 I already had 2 other mustang projects and was a bit worried that my (very pregnant) wife wouldn’t appreciate one more- nonetheless the GT500KR was way too good to pass up. – My brilliant idea was to “give” the car to my wife for Christmas. My wife loved the surprise on Christmas morning – complete with a “Baby On Board” sign and a big red bow. In March of that 1988 our first daughter “Shelby” was born.

Over the years we’ve enjoyed driving the KR on sunny days and showing the car infrequently, but my wife has always been a bit afraid of it and has never driven it . So this year, for Christmas I bought her a final Shelby…. A 2008 GT500 convertible that I expect will be a longtime family member as well. I got a great deal (way under MSRP for the 2008) but still almost 2X what I paid for the '68.

So we’re a 3 Shelby family now…. The ’68 convertible , the ’88 (now a junior in college) and a 2008 ragtop…

3172694780_f5317f9630.jpg

3172695098_1463b50851.jpg

I'm also a longtime owner of a 1970 Mach1 and a 1965 fastback... Some pics of my other cars here... http://www.cardomain.com/id/Rbbmoose427

Anyways... I've been lurking for a while and figured I should intro myself.

Ray

Archived