TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500KR

Rachane

Well, not to be indelicate about this, but why pay +$30K for a '08-09 KR when you can get the same or better performance upgrades with just the 2010 "regular"? Not to mention the impact on KR resale values.

Perhaps the amount of 8/9KRs on the market, matched to the number of persons who simply want to collect "them and only them" will dovetail, and this will be a nonconcern.

But I would still be inclined to delay any '10 purchase until it's clear whether there's going to be a new-generation KR or not.

Personally I think that Shelby, which seems to be paying attention to retroreviving, should do what it did in '68 and retire the KR name with just this 8/9 run. That would help preserve the present KR's collector value.

Michael

Well, not to be indelicate about this, but why pay +$30K for a '08-09 KR when you can get the same or better performance upgrades with just the 2010 "regular"? Not to mention the impact on KR resale values.

Perhaps the amount of 8/9KRs on the market, matched to the number of persons who simply want to collect "them and only them" will dovetail, and this will be a nonconcern.

But I would still be inclined to delay any '10 purchase until it's clear whether there's going to be a new-generation KR or not.

Personally I think that Shelby, which seems to be paying attention to retroreviving, should do what it did in '68 and retire the KR name with just this 8/9 run. That would help preserve the present KR's collector value.

Michael

At the 2010 Mustang Intro in Santa Monica, the Ford MC said that the GT would ultimately be available with a supercharger as a factory option making 500HP. Seeing as how the GT inherited the Bullitt CAI and then the 2010 GT500 got the KR CAI (And just about everything else) I think it is a safe assumption that the 605 HP Ford Racing supercharger (now optional on the Super Snake) will also make it's way onto .... the next KR.

I think the value of KR's will go back up after Shelby confirms 08 09's only. They have a CSM number which will add collector value to them. The regular 2010 overall is one bad ass kicking car, Challenger and Camaro are in the minor league............... Just my thoughts at the time. Buy the way, this could be only the second chance in a lifetime to purchase a KR new.

At the 2010 Mustang Intro in Santa Monica, the Ford MC said that the GT would ultimately be available with a supercharger as a factory option making 500HP. Seeing as how the GT inherited the Bullitt CAI and then the 2010 GT500 got the KR CAI (And just about everything else) I think it is a safe assumption that the 605 HP Ford Racing supercharger (now optional on the Super Snake) will also make it's way onto .... the next KR.

I was told at the LA Auto show that the supercharger will be a Dealer installed option???????????

I think the value of KR's will go back up after Shelby confirms 08 09's only. They have a CSM number which will add collector value to them. The regular 2010 overall is one bad ass kicking car, Challenger and Camaro are in the minor league............... Just my thoughts at the time. Buy the way, this could be only the second chance in a lifetime to purchase a KR new.

Have you driven the new Challenger or the new Camaro?

Just a simple question, what will SAI be producing in 2010, I do not think there will be any more GT-Hs or SGTs or KRs, so unless they are getting ready for something new, just Super Snakes and Terlinguas. I really hope that Shelby will produce something that is pretitle and made in Las Vegas that can be bought at a Ford dealership new.

Archived