TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 stripe colors

emailcm

Motor Trend article: "One of the coolest features of the new Shelby GT500 is the striping, which is available in red, white, or silver. Whichever color you choose is repeated with twin leather stripes sewn into each of the four black bucket seats."

So no white with blue stripes. Interesting.

Motor Trend article: "One of the coolest features of the new Shelby GT500 is the striping, which is available in red, white, or silver. Whichever color you choose is repeated with twin leather stripes sewn into each of the four black bucket seats."

They left out a few....if I recall it's black, white, silver, red, blue. Anyway, it's posted here http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37538

How well will these stripes hold up over the years in places like Fla? Why don't they use paint like they did on the Ford GT ? I have seen older motor homes with dupont decals or stripes on the side and after 5 years they really start to deteriorate. If the decals or stripes were on the top with direct sun exposure it would be worse. The new motor homes are now painted on and clear coated to protect the stripes from the elements.I know pricing is a factor, but isn't anything worth doing is worth doing right.

How well will these stripes hold up over the years in places like Fla? Why don't they use paint like they did on the Ford GT ? I have seen older motor homes with dupont decals or stripes on the side and after 5 years they really start to deteriorate. If the decals or stripes were on the top with direct sun exposure it would be worse. The new motor homes are now painted on and clear coated to protect the stripes from the elements.I know pricing is a factor, but isn't anything worth doing is worth doing right.

I was wondering the same thing myself. I was checking out a used black 08 convertible with red over the top stripe and was curious how it would hold up in the ATL sun.

Archived