TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVT Cobra Club Track schedule for 2009

Cobrabitn

Fellow Team Shelby Participants,

I want to thank you for attending SCMC events in 2008 as it was a great year for our club and we look forward to having an even better year in 2009. Now that the Holidays are over and many of us are having withdrawals for some on track fun, I'd like to share with you our schedule for 2009.

Carolina Motorsports Park -- March 14-15, 2009 -- Kershaw, SC

We will start our 2009 event season with two days at Carolina Motorsports Park on March 14-15, 2009. CMP has modified its track to be less brake intensive and more high speed especially around turn 13 and a widened turn 14. The modifications have helped to lengthen the track to 2.27 miles.

Virginia International Raceway -- May 29-31, 2009 & August 20-21, 2009 -- Danville, VA

Last year's VIR event was so successful, we added another VIR event date this year.

The first weekend is the club's Tenth Anniversary to be held on May 29-31, 2009 with a "full course" on Friday and "north course" on Saturday and Sunday. We will also be holding a car show on Saturday and an evening banquet just like we did this year, 2008. Be sure to invite your friends to come out to the show so they can do parade laps at lunch. This year's show had 52 participants and we hope to have well over 100 for 2009. As this being a special event for the SCMC, we will have some free raffle items to be given away at the banquet just like we did in 2008. A "special" commemorative coin for the event and more celebratory merchandise to be available for purchase. A big thanks to Team Shelby for coming out and supporting us.

Our second VIR event will be on August 20-21, 2009 which is a Thursday and Friday. We will be running "full course" both days. That means two days of wide open fun at VIR full course and you'll still have a weekend for the family.

New Jersey Motorsports Park (SVT Cobra/Shelby GT 500 Nationals) -- July 17-18, 2009 -- Millville, NJ

We are also adding an event at the new facility of New Jersey Motorsports Park. The SCMC will have two full days on the new "Thunderbolt" course. We'll add in a show and shine with free parade laps to show participants. There's an event in just about every other month with the SCMC and we want you to be a part of our 2009 season just like you have in year's past.

Complete Open Track Event schedule for 2009

SCMC on Track at Carolina Motorsports Park - March 14-15, 2009

www.carolinamotorsportspark.com

SCMC 10th Anniversary at Virginia International Raceway - May 29-31, 2009

(Full, North, North Courses - Show and Go.) www.virclub.com

SVT Cobra/Shelby GT 500 Nationals at New Jersey Motorsports Park - July 17-18, 2009

(Show and Go) www.njmotorsportspark.com

SCMC on Track at Virginia International Raceway - August 20-21, 2009

(Full course, both days - no show.) www.virclub.com

SCMC on Track at Gingerman Raceway - September 18-20, 2009

(South Haven, MI - Show and Go) www.gingermanraceway.com

SCMC on Track at Texas World Speedway -College Station, TX - November 6, 2009

www.texasworldspeedway.com

We will begin taking registrations on January 1, 2009 or you can mail in your registration by downloading it here:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/attachm...tachmentid=6808

Again, thanks for a great 2008 and looking forward to an even better 2009. More information can be found on the SCMC website at www.svtcobraclub.com or simply e-mail me at the address below if you have any questions.

Tony Sorrentino

Tony@SVTCobraClub.com

SVT Cobra Mustang Club

www.SVTCobraClub.com

SCMC Hotline: 803.371.0725

SVT - The passion never dies!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I really want to try the event this year at NJ Motorsport Park

Who else will be there, is it good for a beginner?

I feel like if I get all the way there just for show, then I will be punching myself later for not going on the track.

I just want to make sure its a non competitive environment, anotherwords not swapping paint passing people.

I'd like to learn my car and my own abilities better to make me a better driver on the street

I feel like if I get all the way there just for show, then I will be punching myself later for not going on the track.

I just want to make sure its a non competitive environment, anotherwords not swapping paint passing people.

I'd like to learn my car and my own abilities better to make me a better driver on the street

It's a non-competitive event, both VIR and NJMP. If you want to see our sign up list for NJMP then click here:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16585

We have numerous Ford GT's coming out and the word keeps spreading!! :) You will be punching yourself if you don't run, trust me.... :hysterical:

Getting back on the VIR event...

Mustang Enthusiast will be doing event coverage on this event so look for them taking photos for their publication. Parkway Ford becomes the "official Ford sponsor" for this event. :happy feet: More information to come out in the next week or so and if you really want to run at NJMP, why don't you try a "Hyperdrive" at VIR? One session in your car with an instructor for $60.00.

SCMC is noted for running great events with tons of seat time. The instructor group is very good. No paint swapping. You won't be pushing to drive beyond your comfort level. You will be surpirsed how much you learn about yourself and your car.

Embroidery Guy

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Tony,

When was the last time there was a SVT driving event in Northern California? We have 3 excellent tracks in NorCal and I can't remember the last time SVT put on a event here...

Jay

Jay,

We have never put one on in Norcal because we do not have enough members over there. Hopefully, sometime in the future we can grow in CA and get some activity over there...

T

Archived