TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Newbe

ati

Hello Everyone,

I just joined today,

Let me introduce myself:

My name is Alan and I am from St. John, Indiana. I have been following this site for about a month now and I am grateful for all the info you guys post here on a daily basis. My name finally made it to the top of the dealer list and I ordered my Shelby on September 25. I ordered a Grabber Orange convertible with Tungsten side stripes. The dealer has no info yet of when it will be built or delivered. I did however receive the VIN # 1 week ago. I will post more info as I receive it.

Alan

Welcome Alan.

Nice color selection ;) . I ordered GO also except its a coupe W/White stripes.. You have a VIN# - You are closer to getting your car than alot of us, so congrats on the VIN# . Now the process is going somewhere. You must be getting your car this 4th quarter. Mine is 1st quarter next year. Welcome aboard, there is a good group here. B)

Alan:

Welcome -- How long were you on your dealers list before your car was ordered?

About 6 months. The dealer said he was only allotted 3 Shelbys and I was # 4 on the list. He called September 19 and told me that Ford allotted them 1 more and wanted to know if I was still interested. I left work 10 minutes later and drove to the dealership. After we worked out the details I had him hold off on ordering because I couldn't decide on a color. I really never thought I would get the chance to order one and I always pictured the car yellow with white interior. My wife and I must have looked at 500 Mustangs at 20 different dealers before deciding on the Grabber Orange. So it was ordered on Sept. 25

About 6 months. The dealer said he was only allotted 3 Shelbys and I was # 4 on the list. He called September 19 and told me that Ford allotted them 1 more and wanted to know if I was still interested. I left work 10 minutes later and drove to the dealership. After we worked out the details I had him hold off on ordering because I couldn't decide on a color. I really never thought I would get the chance to order one and I always pictured the car yellow with white interior. My wife and I must have looked at 500 Mustangs at 20 different dealers before deciding on the Grabber Orange. So it was ordered on Sept. 25

Hay Alan: tell us about that car in your Avitar. Is that your ride? :shift:

Hello Everyone,

I just joined today,

Let me introduce myself:

My name is Alan and I am from St. John, Indiana. I have been following this site for about a month now and I am grateful for all the info you guys post here on a daily basis. My name finally made it to the top of the dealer list and I ordered my Shelby on September 25. I ordered a Grabber Orange convertible with Tungsten side stripes. The dealer has no info yet of when it will be built or delivered. I did however receive the VIN # 1 week ago. I will post more info as I receive it.

Alan

Received mine just under two months from serialized date. Good Luck!

Hay Alan: tell us about that car in your Avitar. Is that your ride? :shift:

The car in the avatar is my Black Jade 1969 Shelby GT350. This car is completely restored to concourse level. The building in the background is the Ford headquarters in Dearborn Michigan. The MCA had a Mustang show there in 2003 and my GT350 won the gold award. 596 out of 600 points. This car doesn't get driven much because of the investment I have in her, (She's actually a Trailer Queen).

NO TRAILER FOR MY GRABBER ORANGE SHELBY CONVERTIBLE, I BOUGHT THIS BABY TO DRIVE!!!!!

The car in the avatar is my Black Jade 1969 Shelby GT350. This car is completely restored to concourse level. The building in the background is the Ford headquarters in Dearborn Michigan. The MCA had a Mustang show there in 2003 and my GT350 won the gold award. 596 out of 600 points. This car doesn't get driven much because of the investment I have in her, (She's actually a Trailer Queen).

NO TRAILER FOR MY GRABBER ORANGE SHELBY CONVERTIBLE, I BOUGHT THIS BABY TO DRIVE!!!!!

The 69 sounds very nice. Can you post some photos of it. You must be very proud of that car. I need a close up!!

The 69 sounds very nice. Can you post some photos of it. You must be very proud of that car. I need a close up!!

I'm not sure how to post photos, If I figure it out I would be happy to. Shelby owners love to show off their cars,

I have lots and lots and lots of pictures to share.

I'm not sure how to post photos, If I figure it out I would be happy to. Shelby owners love to show off their cars,

I have lots and lots and lots of pictures to share.

It's not that hard to post the photos, but I am not allowed to give directions any more. Mr. Rodgers, can you help here? :headscratch:

Hello Everyone,

I just joined today,

Let me introduce myself:

Alan

I also want to say welcome and congrats! Your 69 looks great. Came close to buying

a 70 but instead I ordered a 1978 king cobra. There is a lot of information on here. I also bought

my car to drive on nice days.

Max

I'm not sure if this is going to work, I am attempting to post some pictures.

Alan

I'm not sure if this is going to work, I am attempting to post some pictures.

Alan

Wow - Dude, it's working. That car is incredible. :happy feet: I am in Awe of that car. Nice. Sweet. Man. Clean and straight. You could eat off the underside of that baby. I want it. I know I can't have it. :baby:

What is that car worth anyways? :headscratch:

Archived